1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

soaking wet passenger floorboard

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by rwilhite07, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Jul 9, 2010 at 1:17 PM
    rwilhite07

rwilhite07 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Florida
    pass floor board is always soaked, not just a little, a lot. here is where its leaking from any idea whats causing this and how to fix it?

thanks!

wet floorboard.jpg

2. Jul 9, 2010 at 1:32 PM
    Chad

Chad Rand Paul 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Pioneer AVIC-X920BT Headunit -- BHLM -- Pioneer TS-A1685R 4-way Coax Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- 09+ Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    I know there are some problems with second gens and the cowl (i think thats what it's called)? Maybe that's whats happening here.

3. Jul 9, 2010 at 1:40 PM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue V-6 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 305/65/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper with 3 kragen HID lights color matched headlights grill craft grill AFE stage 3 CAI wicked flow muffler under cover bed cap inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    pee hole for a/c might be clogged

4. Jul 9, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    daggertats

daggertats Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
    back in january of this yr i got a brand new tacoma. noticed the inside window foggin up from time to time. a few days after i got it was had rains of biblical proportions. anyways eatin lunch one day i felt the driver side flood board . completely soaked...when ya pushed down on carpet it covered my hand. anyways i traded it with 185 miles...didnt lose anything on it. heres what i know. went to clean out my stuff from that truck and they had the cowl under the wipers off, from talkin with the salesman they assumed it was someplace under that maybe the fire wall. they were having a leak expert take alook at it. anyways my new white one is dry still.knock on wood. hope this helps you

5. Jul 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM
    rwilhite07

rwilhite07 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Florida
    johnw wins, the ac line was clogged to hell. i took a screw driver and stuck it in the ac pee hole and holy shit i couldnt believe it, i was laying under the truck and it was like someone turned a water hose on right in my face, i would say atleast a half gallon ATLEAST came pouring out along with a ton of dirt sand dust and mud in the water.. its still dripping and ran a water line about 30 ft behind the truck so far. i think that will solve my problem, im going to vacuum up the water in my floorboard and see if it gets wet again. this was atleast a big part of the problem...

ac drain.jpg

To Top