1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SoCal members that ride street bikes?

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by ItsRichieRich, Jan 25, 2018.

1. May 9, 2018 at 9:38 AM
    DucTaco

DucTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD OR
    I used to ride Palomar every weekend from 2008-2013. Awesome times on that road!

Ozzy_Wuz_Here likes this.
  2. May 10, 2018 at 1:03 PM
    violation

violation Member

Member:
    no buttonwillow or chuckwalla, but i rode cleghorn does that count? lol

[​IMG]

3. May 12, 2018 at 12:16 PM
    Mike714

Mike714 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cypress, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB Prerunner Super White
    Daytona 675 checkin in!

4. May 12, 2018 at 5:41 PM
    TheFang

TheFang No Big Deal

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, URD Short Shift, TRD Supercharger, Hellwig rear sway bar, TWM shift knob, limo tint, URD Y-pipe, URD LT Headers, URD Rear O2 Sim, Custom tube front and rear bumpers, LED spot pods, K&N CAI
    GSX-R 600 here. Damn you GSX-R and your electrical problems....

5. May 13, 2018 at 6:10 PM
    myst1calblu3

myst1calblu3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro 6 Speed Manual
    GSXR/Ninja 300 currently. Looking to sell and pick up a FZ09 or MT09 some time in the future. I do want to go back to the track one day.

6. May 14, 2018 at 3:59 PM
    Ozzy_Wuz_Here

Ozzy_Wuz_Here The church of @ODNAREM "Macho Man Ozzy Wu"

Member:
    First Name:
    Ozzy
    Los Angeles, CA (East LA/Alhambra)
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4/Super White
    FN Countersteer Wheels Fox 2.5 (Resi Comp Adj) Fox 2.0 (Resi) Old Man Emu Dakar Leafs Total Chaos UCA Super Bump Stops Steel Braided Lines Tuff Stuff Delta Tent Frontrunners Roof Rack Soft Topper DDM Led Headlights/Fogs
    No way Cleghorn on a side by side? That is awesome! How was it?

What kind of electrical problems are you having?

I'm down to set up a TacomaWorld track day......Chuckwalla isn't far at all. I'm planning on going to Chuckwalla Friday Oct 19th or Friday Oct 26th 2018 if anyone would like to join?
    Chuck.jpg

CaptainBart45 and Cafox like this.
  7. May 14, 2018 at 4:01 PM
    3_TACOS_NEVER_ENOUGH

3_TACOS_NEVER_ENOUGH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ︻╦╤─
    Various Locations: TX, CA, NC, AL, MS, and FL
    Vehicle:
    ︻╦╤─
    ︻╦╤─
    I am game for a ride or track day.

8. May 14, 2018 at 4:07 PM
    Ozzy_Wuz_Here

Member:
    First Name:
    Ozzy
    Vehicle:
    FN Countersteer Wheels Fox 2.5 (Resi Comp Adj) Fox 2.0 (Resi) Old Man Emu Dakar Leafs Total Chaos UCA Super Bump Stops Steel Braided Lines Tuff Stuff Delta Tent Frontrunners Roof Rack Soft Topper DDM Led Headlights/Fogs
    I'm unfortunately in the AOR right now. Won't be home until early September...putting my bike in the shop for upgrades as soon as I get home. I'm up for riding anytime....let me know about the track day. There's one at Chuck Sep 14th I'm sure I can make that track day too lol

9. May 14, 2018 at 10:52 PM
    TheFang

TheFang No Big Deal

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, URD Short Shift, TRD Supercharger, Hellwig rear sway bar, TWM shift knob, limo tint, URD Y-pipe, URD LT Headers, URD Rear O2 Sim, Custom tube front and rear bumpers, LED spot pods, K&N CAI
    I think I'm good at the moment. I was having rectifier issues, which the 2006 GSX-R's are notorious for I found out. And that can manifest to look like a lot of different issues. The first time it cooked itself to death, the bike would be running just fine, and then sputter and pitch under hard acceleration, and drain the battery. Thought it was an injector problem. Injectors replaced, and then it would be doing just fine, 80mph down the highway, and then sputter and die completely. I was able to bump start it once, which is terrifying on a street bike, limped it home, had to charge the battery. Soon after it happened again and left me stranded on the side of the road. Battery completely dead. Decided it was an electrical problem, which I troubleshot for awhile, disconnected the powercommander, speedo healer, and pretty much returned the bike to stock trying to see if it was anything I had added. Finally replaced the stater, rectifier, and battery and it ran like a champ. A little over a year later, same issue. Sputtering, pitching, not wanting to accelerate, dead battery. Replaced the rectifier again and the problem disappeared. When I went to the shop to buy the second rectifier, I told the mechanic I needed a rectifier for a GSX-R, and he listed the year range trying to guess my year. He nailed it. Told me that my model just burns them up, has to do with the placement and the stater Suzuki used. Its the only rectifier he stocks for street bikes.

Anyway...... I'll totally come do a track day. Pack the rocket into the back of the taco and make a day of it.

Ozzy_Wuz_Here[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. May 14, 2018 at 11:04 PM
    Ozzy_Wuz_Here

Member:
    First Name:
    Ozzy
    Vehicle:
    OMG I am having almost the same exact issue with my bike lol I just bought a Electrosport Industried Recitifier for my 2003 CBR600RR. My bike starts up cold just fine as soon as its above 225 degrees and I stop for fuel. It has a hard time kicking back over...So after months of researching about it, I nailed it down to the recitifier. So when I come home in September I'm having that replaced as well as a new battery, power commader, new Vortex levers and fresh brake and oil. I was on the GSXR forums IRONICALLY and noticed that certain year GSXR's had the same issue. My bike runs fine its never taken a crap on me mid ride its just the hard start up when its hot.

Lets hit the track with the :taco:'s...could get some awesome pictures of our trucks and bikes. What city do you live in? I'm in Rancho Cucamonga.

11. May 14, 2018 at 11:26 PM
    TheFang

TheFang No Big Deal

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    The rectifier. The root of all evil and problems. I was reading about the issue and some people are mounting them inside the airbox to help keep them from over cooking.

Im down in San Diego. I would love to take the Supercharger out for a whine around a track.... :burnrubber:

12. May 14, 2018 at 11:32 PM
    Ozzy_Wuz_Here

Member:
    First Name:
    Ozzy
    Vehicle:
    I love SD. Wife and I stay at the Naval base in Coronado from time to time for little escapes from LA lol Exact reason I made sure to buy a black one. Black ones are proven to run cooler for some reason...Is yours located on the inner fairing by the radiator?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1QL9veQaNg
    Black intercooler vs unpainted...black ran cooler. Would be awesome to see your rig.

13. May 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM
    TheFang

TheFang No Big Deal

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    My rectifier sits right behind the radiator and is a tungsten/gray color.
    That nerd in the blue shirt needs to get some sleep, holy bags under the eyes.
    So idling for long periods or city traffic kills rectifiers.

14. May 15, 2018 at 12:13 AM
    Ozzy_Wuz_Here

Member:
    First Name:
    Ozzy
    Vehicle:
    Do you use your bike as a commuter? I used to until I got into the carpool at work. It's a canyon/track bike only...My recitifier is in a similar spot.

Yeah he does lol

15. May 15, 2018 at 12:18 AM
    TheFang

TheFang No Big Deal

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    I used to a lot. That might have done it.

16. May 15, 2018 at 12:20 AM
    Ozzy_Wuz_Here

Member:
    First Name:
    Ozzy
    Vehicle:
    But you're solid now broski....How do you like your GSXR? Did you notice a change with the Power Commader?
    :bikewheelie:

17. May 15, 2018 at 6:22 AM
    TheFang

TheFang No Big Deal

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    Dear Lord yes. I regeared it as well, do to the laggy low end in first and it jumps off the line now like a scared gazelle. Lost a little top speed but traded that for better acceleration.

18. May 15, 2018 at 3:41 PM
    Ozzy_Wuz_Here

Member:
    First Name:
    Ozzy
    Vehicle:
    You talking about your truck or the GSXR? Lol I went up 4 teeth in the back one down in the front....I have the Speedo Healer like you do too. I cant wait to get my Power Commander put on. My bike is running rich in some cylinders and lean in some. My mechanic is a Master Mechanic and says that Honda's have a closed computer system and cannot be tunned without a Power Commander. He's a GSXR Master Mecahinc ironically lol

19. May 15, 2018 at 4:56 PM
    TheFang

TheFang No Big Deal

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    Talking about the bike... Though the taco ain't no slouch.

20. May 16, 2018 at 8:13 AM
    ItsRichieRich

ItsRichieRich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford Raptor
    Any members want to meet up and do a ride this weekend? Not too fond of aggressive canyon riding but I'll stroll through some canyons and eat some good food.

Ozzy_Wuz_Here and AgedFlatulence like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top