1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SOCAL MOD DAY/CABIN TRIP ESCAPE! #3

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Hiatt1991, Jun 10, 2013.

?

When would you like this to happen?

Poll closed Jul 15, 2013.
  1. last weekend of june

29.4%
  2. 2nd weekend of july

32.4%
  3. sometime in august

35.3%
  4. other

2.9%
  1. Jun 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    Socalduckslayer

Socalduckslayer Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    San Diego, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma
    Odds and Ends
    Did someone say John Bull?

2. Jun 14, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
  3. Jun 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    4" Bodylift 20" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    Dates posted

4. Jun 14, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    reece54

reece54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reece
    Vehicle:
    16' 4x4 trd off-road
    I have a double cab now... It's in my sig and avatar :woot:

5. Jun 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    reece54

Member:
    First Name:
    Reece
    Vehicle:
    16' 4x4 trd off-road
    And fireball is where it's at :thumbsup:

6. Jun 14, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    I'll bring the throw up bags

7. Jun 14, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    Jen tested out her pepper spray in the dezert last week, and touched her lips afterwards cuz she forgot about it, and it was numb and spicy for a long time hahaha.

Funny thing is, the next day we went to get Chinese hot pot, and I got the spiciest Chinese hot pot they had, and when she tasted mine, she said it was pretty much as bad as the pepper spray.

8. Jun 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    ProForce

ProForce IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    If you want to ruin someone's day, this is how you do it! None of these $9.99 keychain sprays from Turners lol.

uploadfromtaptalk1371246823257.jpg

this is my collection lol. The small can on left is what I carry at work. Its about 2nd worst after the black can. The two on the right aren't too bad, but I think that's cuz they are old.

uploadfromtaptalk1371247243337.jpg

9. Jun 14, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    Blueinstinct

Blueinstinct Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    07 Trd Sport
    1.25" lift spacer, K&N intake, K&N Oil Filter, Window Tint, AVS Window visors, Extang Tri-fold bed cover, Pro Comp Wheels Series 7089 17", Federal Couragia M/T Tires Lt285/70R17, NRG Racing lug nuts flat black, Crystal Headlights, HID xenon 6000k, HID xenon 3000k, Blacked out Grill and Emblem, Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock, Pioneer 5.8" InDash Double din, 13" Aspheric Rearview Mirror, Wade Sure-fit front floor mats, Eurow sideless sport mesh seat cover, Smd Led Map lights, City lights, License plate lights and Dome light.
    ^Nice. I remember one student in our class volunteered to get sprayed so he can get 30% discount,. I wish I filmed it.. That guy end up having a pink eye for a week :laugh:

10. Jun 14, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    Dude whatever, that shit sucks. We got OC'd in security for the Navy...it's about right up there with Tasers lol. Can't see shit, everything on your face is gushing a fluid and your whole face is on fire. Then we had to grab a baton and try not to get beat up by a dude in a cushion suit lol. Fuckin' re-flash at home like two hours later...super fun.

11. Jun 14, 2013 at 11:21 PM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    Hahaha you just reminded me of this story I had read awhile back. HILARIOUS! Nobody is gonna wanna read cuz its long and every on here is lazy lol, but if you have 5 minutes and want a good solid laugh, here you go. It made me cry laughing. Shit is great!

12. Jun 14, 2013 at 11:21 PM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    Pepper Spray- Via Josh Bridges

A few years ago while undergoing police training, I was introduced to pepper spray. As a requirement of graduation, myself (along with my entire class of hopeful crime fighters) were required to submit to being pepper sprayed…………………in the face…………………..with pepper spray.

For those of you not familiar with pepper spray, let me give you a little information about it.

The use of pepper as a weapon goes all the way back to ancient China. The Chinese would grind red chili pepper and put it on rice paper as a weapon and then swing it to the face of their opponents. Modern manufactures actually bore a hole straight into the very pit of hades itself and extract actual eternal hell fire and put it in a little can. You can then squirt this “little can of happiness” into the face of any not-so-nice person (or wild animal) and reduce even the burliest, meanest, loudest, most aggressive, knuckle dragging gorilla of a man, into nothing more than a quivering, whimpering little pile of gerbil poo that wants nothing more than to be held by his mother while he sobs into his blanket and calmly sucks his thumb.
    We were taken outside and aligned with a partner. The role of the partner was to hold your arm after you had been sprayed and lead you the water hose to decontaminate after having your face eaten off by the spray.

I was paired up with one of the toughest dudes in the class. He was an ex-boxer, an accomplished athlete and an aspiring mixed martial arts fighter. I figured that if anybody in this whole class could stand up to a tiny little squirt of “canned satan”, it would be him.
    The instructor asked him if he was ready, to which he replied with a manly “yup”, and then proceeded to spell out the word “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” upon his face with the pepper spray. I thought to myself, “holy crap” as I watched this young man begin to attempt to slap his face off. He was twirling around like a cracked-out ballet dancer with a hot burning coal dropped into her panties. It was when he began to take in the deep breath needed to facilitate the loud girly scream he was preparing to let loose, that I noticed the huge cloud of pepper spray enveloping his head. Before I could say, “don’t do that”… he did it. He took in so much air (and spray) that he sounded like a wounded hoover vacuum cleaner with a leaky bag. He immediately realized his mistake, and proceeded to cough, slobber and drool all over everything within 32 feet. I finally managed to wrangle him, like a bucking brahma bull over to the water hose. As I began to pour the water over his eyes to remove the spray, he grabbed the hose from me and began making out with it right in front of everybody. While helping him I watched several other classmates undergo pretty much the same thing with the same effect. It was at this point that I began to question my chosen career path and considered nursing or goat milking as suitable alternative.

Then……………….it was…………my turn.

I walked over to the “spray zone” with a plan. I had seen so many of the others hold their eyes open and breath that I decided to do neither. I was going to stand there with both eyes tightly closed and hold my breath until I had been hosed down thoroughly at the water spigot.

The instructor asked me if I was ready, to which I replied, “Nope”. Obviously he didn’t hear me because he squirted me on my forehead anyway. I managed not to get it in my eyes, but did feel the heat. I became concerned only when I felt my right eyebrow slide down my face and land on my foot. I was led (drug) to the water hose by my buddies and doused with a healthy amount of cool water which alleviated the burning somewhat.
    I was DONE!! I HAD BEATEN THE SPRAY!!! It really wasn’t as bad as I had feared and I assumed that the tingling would subside with time. .

The scene looked like a triage on a battlefield. People were lying in the grass everywhere just moaning and whimpering. I saw 2 people in the fetal position licking the grass and another crawling on his hands and knees while dragging his face across the asphalt. After a time it seemed that the pain was subsiding and everyone started calming down a bit.

After observing us for over an hour (to make sure we didn’t die) the instructors sent us home. Before letting us go, they cautioned us about lingering effects and we were warned that the pepper spray was most likely in our hair. They informed us that when we got in the shower, the water could reactivate it and we would have the pleasure of reliving our wonderful experience.
    I had a plan for that as well.

When I got home, I stripped down to my birthday suit and jumped in the pool. I figured that I would swim around for an hour or so to allow enough time for the pepper spray that was matted in my hair to break loose and dissipate. That way, (or so I thought) when I get in the shower, all of it would be gone. (um hum)
    After an hour or so, I climbed my naked butt out of the pool, (causing untold future psychiatric problems for the neighbors that had the misfortune of witnessing it) and got in the shower.
    The warm water cascaded down through my hair, and sure enough found a vast pocket of dried pepper spray and said to it, “get up, it’s time to go to work”.

I felt my head start to burn like an uncontrolled forest fire started by 12 drunken hillbilly inbred relatives named Bubba, and then my ears actually burst into flames and proceeded to char the shower curtains. I then commenced to reenact the scene from Alfred Hitchcock’s “The Birds” where the girl was swarmed with a million pissed off crows trying desperately to pluck her eyes out, and started flailing my arms around while singing “I Like to Move it Move it” in my best Jamaican voice. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, IT DID.

Now I don’t know how gravity works at your house, but at mine it makes stuff flow south.

HOLY LIVING CRAP A-MIGHTY!!!!

The pepper spray traveled down my body like molten lava from an erupting volcano and washed over my unsuspecting crotch in a tsunami of pain the likes of which I had never had the misfortune of being subjected to. I audibly heard Nat King Cole singing, “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire” as I passed out. When I came to, I was dragging my butt across the carpet and screaming like a wounded bob cat. My dog bubba just looked at me. It felt like “Tattoo” from” Fantasy Island” was running directly under my nether regions while holding a flaming tiki torch! I then ran my naked butt through the house and tried (unsuccessfully) to back my tail up and into the deep freezer. That didn’t work and no matter how hard I tried, I could not sit down deep enough on the toilet to put the flames out. No matter how far or fast I ran, I couldn’t stop the burning!! I then ran screaming naked through the house, and burst out into the back yard in a wide-eyed sprint directly towards the pool. I waved at my neighbors as I lunged towered the diving board. I executed a perfect triple backflip followed by an inverted left twist and finished with a forward facing butt-down cannon ball. I then proceeded to swim laps at a speed that would have made Michael Phelps jealous. After 3 hours of swimming followed by an ice pack, and a round of Tylenol I finally made it to my bed where I curled up with my blanket and stuck my thumb in my mouth.

13. Jun 14, 2013 at 11:42 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    ^That about sums up pepper spray pretty well.

14. Jun 15, 2013 at 1:06 AM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    Lol

15. Jun 15, 2013 at 9:32 PM
    Dawson 5

Dawson 5 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Dawson
    Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 off road Taco
    Pure excellence
    That was today.

Dishpan Springs July 13th.

16. Jun 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM
    reece54

Member:
    First Name:
    Reece
    Vehicle:
    16' 4x4 trd off-road
    1. HIATT - My cabin/Drinks
    2. Jluu44 - Meat to BBQ + Beer - No mods planned as of right now
    3.Airdog -Beer+More meat to BBQ...gotta think about the sausage fest.
    4. Traveler (Matt) - Drinks + Snacks...hopefully will have some Rigid lights to wire up by then.
    5. Lpheat22 - drinks + snacks . . . Mods we'll see
    6. Blueinstinct - drinks + eggrolls. Mods Vinyl door panels..
    7.wildlandtaco- drinks +chips mods defined extended shackles and crossdressers
    8. RJ MacReady - Booze, carne, anal thermometer, & a lava lamp(to set the mood)
    9. Jobrien-I might show up on sunday with some breakfast stuff to help with the hangovers and maybe ill have the rear lift by then or a new rear bumper
    10. CBASSD - ill go Friday afternoon and leave Saturday afternoon- ill bring uno and bp table and cups and balls and some snacks
    11.NoSoup4You - maybe, will bring "something", no mods
    12. Socalduckslayer- duck sausage and colbeer. Might do LCA's but probably do that closer to home. Ill bring a welder if anyone needs.
    13. Volcomtacoma2011- Stone IPA for Deadhed, Cooler full of assorted drinks and snacks
    14. Pelon - Beer, moonshine and Hot links, some salads.
    15. deadhed61- Beers and food-Probably tent'n it outside
    16. ProForce - will make it for at least 1 of the days. Hopefully overnight 1 day too. Gotta wait till it gets closer to what the schedule is like. I'll bring whatever we still need.
    17. Blackhawke88 - beer, jager, some pollo asado, guns and ammo, a French Man, swimsuit
    18. Reece54 - maybe coming for a day. Bringing fireball and whatever else we need

17. Jun 15, 2013 at 11:51 PM
    Trigo

Trigo Because fuck you that's why...

Member:
    First Name:
    Rodrigo
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    1st gen
    1. HIATT - My cabin/Drinks
    2. Jluu44 - Meat to BBQ + Beer - No mods planned as of right now
    3.Airdog -Beer+More meat to BBQ...gotta think about the sausage fest.
    4. Traveler (Matt) - Drinks + Snacks...hopefully will have some Rigid lights to wire up by then.
    5. Lpheat22 - drinks + snacks . . . Mods we'll see
    6. Blueinstinct - drinks + eggrolls. Mods Vinyl door panels..
    7.wildlandtaco- drinks +chips mods defined extended shackles and crossdressers
    8. RJ MacReady - Booze, carne, anal thermometer, & a lava lamp(to set the mood)
    9. Jobrien-I might show up on sunday with some breakfast stuff to help with the hangovers and maybe ill have the rear lift by then or a new rear bumper
    10. CBASSD - ill go Friday afternoon and leave Saturday afternoon- ill bring uno and bp table and cups and balls and some snacks
    11.NoSoup4You - maybe, will bring "something", no mods
    12. Socalduckslayer- duck sausage and colbeer. Might do LCA's but probably do that closer to home. Ill bring a welder if anyone needs.
    13. Volcomtacoma2011- Stone IPA for Deadhed, Cooler full of assorted drinks and snacks
    14. Pelon - Beer, moonshine and Hot links, some salads.
    15. deadhed61- Beers and food-Probably tent'n it outside
    16. ProForce - will make it for at least 1 of the days. Hopefully overnight 1 day too. Gotta wait till it gets closer to what the schedule is like. I'll bring whatever we still need.
    17. Blackhawke88 - beer, jager, some pollo asado, guns and ammo, a French Man, swimsuit
    18. Reece54 - maybe coming for a day. Bringing fireball and whatever else we need
    19. Trigo - Drinks and Snacks

18. Jun 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    4" Bodylift 20" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
  19. Jun 17, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    :wave: missed you at Ryan's Saturday

20. Jun 17, 2013 at 2:20 PM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    ^ no we didn't and almost wish Wuan did not go. I almost told him to cut my grass and rip out weeds.

Products Discussed in

To Top