1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SoCal tint Shops

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by fiestee23, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Aug 30, 2010 at 5:19 PM
    spp

spp OC, Kalifornia

Member:
    OC California
    Campbell window film in Huntington Beach. Had both my Tacomas and our Camry done there and excellent results.

2. Aug 31, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    JoshR324

JoshR324 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Garden Grove, CA
    Vehicle:
    '14 SR5 Double Cab LB
    +1 for Mike's Tint Shop in Orange. He has four different price levels depending what kind of tint you want. He just did my DC with 5% all around and it came out perfect.

3. Sep 3, 2010 at 2:16 PM
    Special_K

Special_K o_o

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Cav Blue
    Got mine done yesterday...
    For everyone in the San Diego area, +1 for Jimmy Anz in El Cajon 619-709 -4462...exactly how Mike (05offroad) described him, chill and outstanding job on the tint. Lifetime warranty on the tint (non-transferrable) and if you have any problems, he'll take care of you.

I wanted my front windows to match the rear tint from the factory and was in and out of there in about a half hour. It's got about another day to settle before I can roll the windows down.

Thanks for the hook up Mike, Jimmy had nothing but good things to say about you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Sep 3, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    bootywarrior

bootywarrior Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Subaru WRX
    Solar Craft in Burbank

5. Sep 3, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    id you just have the fronts done to match the rears? How Much Did you Pay? Need to get mine done as well!:D

6. Sep 3, 2010 at 3:22 PM
    Special_K

Special_K o_o

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Cav Blue
    Yes only the fronts were done, just to match the rears. $50 out the door. Prolly a good idea to still say Mike (05offroad) with the blue tacoma sent you. I just sat back and :drool: til it was done. Awesome. Do it!!

7. Sep 3, 2010 at 3:42 PM
    Snowmang

Snowmang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Vehicle:
    09 grey sport
    Exhaust billy 5100's smoked headlights and taillights.
    my very good friend raul trained all the workers at xtreme tint and he said place such as that place you will go and pay for the expensive tint the 3m or wwhatever it may be you will pay for it and they will still put the cheap shit on because you guys meaning myself also will never know the difference and they will profit some good cash.. just a heads up. my buddy raul will come to your house and do your tint for you.. his number is 714 722 7382

8. Sep 3, 2010 at 3:46 PM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    Oh hell yeah, sweet price too! I will call him for sure! Thanks:D

9. Sep 3, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    Special_K

Special_K o_o

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Cav Blue
    Not a problem! Thanks again to 05offroad!

10. Sep 3, 2010 at 5:03 PM
    krans

krans Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Huntington beach/ West min duh
    Vehicle:
    09 Sport mall crawler
    Icon extended travel with resi front and rear,Camburg UCA, All pro standard leaf pack, Fogs anytime, General grabbers AT2,Custom stainless steel brake lines,bed box, Bestop soft top,50' light bar, amber rigid pods,CBI ditch mounts with LED pods,TRD intake,Anti dark hoodlights/rock light/LED whip,FX-R retros and Gibson catback..more mods to come
    Allstar sounds in bellflower they do good work. Which reminds me i gotta bring it in to tint my fronts,

11. Sep 3, 2010 at 10:33 PM
    05offroad

05offroad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    '05 Long Travel Prerunner
    I've lost track
    Thanks :D I wanna check it out tomorrow. And Jimmy's a good guy Matt. He'll hook you up. I should ask him to set up a Tacoma World discount ha.

12. Sep 4, 2010 at 11:10 PM
    Riderx805

Riderx805 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thousand Oaks, Ca
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Double Cab
    *Pioneer In Dash DVD Player *Aftermarket Trailer Hitch *Bilstein 5100's w/ rear block *5% tint
    You gotta go to Precision Tint in Thousand Oaks, CA! My buddy is the owner of the shop and he always takes care of my people. I've sent him over 20 cars and trucks.

13. Sep 8, 2010 at 3:28 PM
    rmdesigns

rmdesigns Active Member

Member:
    Orange, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC SB TRD
    Debadged - TC Upper Control Arms - Method Wheels - 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers
    I'm new to the forum, but I'd like to recommend Classic Auto Tint in Orange. I've had 6 cars done by him. Lance will treat you right and do a great job. He offers a lifetime warranty on all his tint and leaves your car as clean as it came in. I've seen some tint jobs that the installers have left water spots all over the interior. He's been in business since 1983, so I think he knows a little about window tint. His prices are good and has different prices as far as normal tint or ceramic tint. I had him put ceramic all around in my truck, and boy what a difference, you could hang meat in there. When you call Lance tell him Ryan with the grey tacoma sent you.

Classic Auto Tint
    263 S. Tustin Ave.
    Orange, CA
    263 S Tustin Ave Orange CA 92866

14. Sep 9, 2010 at 5:17 PM
    fiestee23

fiestee23 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Theresa
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner SR5
    6" ProComp lift w/coilovers, 35" ProComp A/T tires, Volant Intake, MagnaFlow Exhaust, Pioneer In-dash Navigation, NFAB tube steps, 6500 lb tow package, POP n LOCK tailgate lock, Air lift Bags, and MORE.....
    Nice guys. I just got back in town. Was on vacation and its nice to see so many places doing great work. Gotta get my other half a birthday present first then tint for sure. I wonder now tho if any off these places would give a killer discount if a bunch of us went. Any one want to find out?:D

15. Sep 12, 2010 at 9:13 PM
    fiestee23

Member:
    First Name:
    Theresa
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner SR5
    6" ProComp lift w/coilovers, 35" ProComp A/T tires, Volant Intake, MagnaFlow Exhaust, Pioneer In-dash Navigation, NFAB tube steps, 6500 lb tow package, POP n LOCK tailgate lock, Air lift Bags, and MORE.....
    man these are a lot of great places.... WO group buy/ tint/ and a birthday! AHHHHHH:confused:

16. Sep 14, 2010 at 9:04 AM
    Blk04SR

Blk04SR Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '20 TRD Offroad 4x4 DCSB 6 Speed Manual
    AccuTune Fox 2.5's, Camburg Billets A-Arms, Enkei+Toyo AT3's, Deaver Overland Stage 2, Demello Front Bumper, Go Fast Camper

My guy for tint will work a good deal depending on how many cars you have....

17. Sep 15, 2010 at 7:28 PM
    chatapuggy1

chatapuggy1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab TRD Off-Road
    Window Tinting Associates in La Habra/Whittier hands down. They have been there 20 years or more and have only one installer named Johnny who has been with them for well more than 16 years, I have taken him many cars over the years and the quality cannot be beat. I usually hang out and BS with him while he is doing my car since I don't live in the area anymore I drive far to come see him and he always fits me in.

All they do is tint, no stereos, alarms, etc and I like it that way!

Funny thing is I just got my tacoma tinted this morning and yesterday I saw this looking for recommendations for percentages and couldnt find any, I had him do limo on the back and medium up front and the strip on the windshield, 180$ but I think it may be way too dark in the back seeing it was already tinted!!! It looks great though, I would post pics if I knew how!

18. Sep 16, 2010 at 8:05 PM
    fiestee23

Member:
    First Name:
    Theresa
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner SR5
    you should see if you can get some people to sign up for him and get him a couple jobs.... and get us a great deal:D

19. Sep 16, 2010 at 8:56 PM
    Rufus

Rufus Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD PreRunner Sport
    OEM Truck Bed Extender, Window Tint, Tailgate Security Mod, OEM Spare Tire Lock, Cam Locks (storage compartments), OEM Bed Mat, OEM Skid Plate, Stant 11504 Locking Gas Cap, TW Edrin55 OEM Running Boards, Pop & Lock w/Back-Up Cam, Black WeatherTechs, Red Line Quick Lift Plus Hood Struts, Wet Okole Front Seat Covers-black/charcoal with red & white TRD graphic & back seat pockets, DIY Satoshi Grillcraft & Old School Toyota Badge, TW ZonKs Black UWS Low Pro Truck Box, Rear Suspension TSB, 3M Scotch Guard Paint & Headlight Protection Film 8mm Urethane, Flyzeye V2 Wired Amber/White/Amber Interior LED Lights w/Silver Case, Sleek Looking Black LED Tail Lights from K2 Motors (Identical to OEM, but black).
    I used Xtreme Tint in Whittier several times. The final results were good. I always bought the higher quality tint and never had a problem with it. The install results were pretty good, but they got water all over the door panels (soggy cloth) on my Camry, rendering my window control button useless for a while. But once it dried out, never had problem with it again. Wet & soggy door panels on my Tacoma as well. I used 3M tint on my Tacoma, and the small 3M logo is printed repeatedly on the tint itself. I was not made aware of this until I noticed it on my windows. I'm not crazy about this feature, but it's not that annoying & I can live with it. At least I know I got the higher quality tint I paid for. Their tinting services are a little pricey. Ask for a cash payment discount.

20. Sep 16, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    Rufus

Rufus Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD PreRunner Sport
    OEM Truck Bed Extender, Window Tint, Tailgate Security Mod, OEM Spare Tire Lock, Cam Locks (storage compartments), OEM Bed Mat, OEM Skid Plate, Stant 11504 Locking Gas Cap, TW Edrin55 OEM Running Boards, Pop & Lock w/Back-Up Cam, Black WeatherTechs, Red Line Quick Lift Plus Hood Struts, Wet Okole Front Seat Covers-black/charcoal with red & white TRD graphic & back seat pockets, DIY Satoshi Grillcraft & Old School Toyota Badge, TW ZonKs Black UWS Low Pro Truck Box, Rear Suspension TSB, 3M Scotch Guard Paint & Headlight Protection Film 8mm Urethane, Flyzeye V2 Wired Amber/White/Amber Interior LED Lights w/Silver Case, Sleek Looking Black LED Tail Lights from K2 Motors (Identical to OEM, but black).

x2! Worse than used car salesman. Does anyone have any recommendations for car stereo shops?

Products Discussed in

To Top