1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Soft rear suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Logan22, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Sep 29, 2013 at 9:56 PM
    Logan22

Logan22 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Tonneau Cover, Tube Steps, Kenwood Excelon KDC X895, Boston Acoustics Speakers, 12 Shallow Mount Rockford Fosgate punch p3s sub, Rockford Fosgate Punch 400 watt amp 18 in. xd spy's 285 60 18 terra grapplers
    I have an 06 4x4 double cab trd sr5 with 150,000 miles on it and it has very soft rear suspension. It doesn't have the tsb done and I am no longer under warranty. I want to be able to pull my mowing trailer with my zero turn or my trailer with my honda rincon fourwheeler on it without my truck bottoming out and hitting the stopper every little bump I go over. I would really like to be able to put my honda foreman fourwheeler in the bed and have the suspension to haul it with no problem. What should I buy or do if I want to keep the stock height of the rear but want higher towing capabilities? Would bilstein 5100's help? My truck will bottom out even with just 4 people in the cab while not towing anything if I hit a bump going about 55 mph.

2. Sep 30, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    TacoDeLaPlaya

TacoDeLaPlaya Total Automotive Performance Sleeper Cell

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Del Mar, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Silver Access cab
    Custom sotoshi deep dish grill 6112 front 5100 rear Leer 100xl
    Your gonna need new springs. Old man emu makes good heavy duty parts for relatively low price or you can't go wrong with some deavers made to your specifications if you got the money and really want to haul that in the bed.

3. Sep 30, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    A new spring pack, or an add-a-leaf is going to provide lift. You could run airbags. They would allow you to adjust, to match the load you have.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top