1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Softopper

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by NEAScott, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 22, 2012 at 11:57 AM
    NEAScott

NEAScott [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Toledo, Oh
    Vehicle:
    2014 Chevrolet Impala Limited
    Still running if there is anyone interested, give me a call.

2. Jul 24, 2012 at 2:10 PM
    grrillA

grrillA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    '99 3.4L 4x4
    long time lurker, registered today.

Unfortunately my first post is one of frustration.

Ordered a TAN softopper for my 07 tacoma from truckaddons.com

Scott was nice, this is not a post to bash him, just their customer service and customer service manager.

After receiving the wrong color top, black instead of the ordered Tan top, I called to return it and receive a refund. I was not interested in a swap for the tan one anymore, after the horrible customer service.

Initially calling and getting the run around with returns people putting me on hold for 45 minutes, I finally talked to someone for more than 3 seconds. He was extremely rude and resentfully helped me. He left me very unclear because he said that I would return the top directly to them but could not tell me who was going to pay for the return shipping. I asked for softoppers number and he said "why would I give you that" when I replied "why not", he said " You bought it through us I don't want you calling them". wtf... near the end of the conversation I told him he was not very courteous and asked if there was anyone else I could talk, he quickly began to yell and say I have been helping you what else do you want me to do. I asked to talk to someone else and he insured me I could not, he was the "returns manager and the end of the line".

I still have not received my refund, after countless calls and wait times and now he is pretending he doesn't remember, and says "I thought softopper was replacing it for you", and now asks who I talked to at truckaddons and did they agree to waive the 20% restocking fee.

what a joke of a company, after researching the company online there are HUNDREDS of complaints with things just like this. buyer beware...

3. Oct 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Hey

I got a killer deal on a besttop so i bought it, although I prefer the softtopper. Wanted to see if any of you softtopper purchasers felt like they should have gotten the besttop wanted to trade. Long shot I know, but just throwing it out there :)

4. Oct 7, 2012 at 11:32 AM
    tnbowhunter

tnbowhunter Member

Member:
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road
    TRD performance exhaust, step rails
    Not me, still very happy with my softtopper. No problems out of it so far.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top