1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SOLD* 2002 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab, mostly stock

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacomas For Sale (1995-2004)' started by dblees, Jul 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 9, 2020 at 9:54 AM
    dblees

dblees [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SW Oregon
    Vehicle:
    02/01 TRD mongrel
    Alright, I've put it off as long as I can, for better or worse... the ad. Pricing critiques and any other opinions/requests are AOK:

2002 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab, 212k, VIN# 5TEHN72N62Z108213

- V6 (5VZ-FE)
    - Auto Trans
    - Fabtech DirtLogic 2.5 coilovers (the old blue ones, with new lower mount bushings)
    - 1" lift (nylon hockey puck spacers)
    - 265/75/16 Hercules Terra Trac AT-II tires with less than 10k miles, on aluminum wheels (maybe Pacer?)
    - Low-angle rock sliders with kickout, welded on
    - e-Locker with new ECU and actuator
    - KYB rear shocks
    - Hitch receiver is wired for 4-pin plug only. I have the OEM trailer ECU, plugs and harness if you want them.
    - Clean title

Lunar Mist Metallic (silver)
    OEM drop-in plastic bedliner (Good condition - scratches but no cracks)
    No frame rust - the only apparent rust is on the inside surface of the steel bumpers, and on the exhaust pipes.

Unfortunately, I lost most of the total service history when my mechanic retired last year, but have found these records on recent repairs, with mileages since:
    - Brakes (pads/calipers/rotors) - 49k
    - Timing belt, water pump, thermostat - 74k
    - Plugs, plug wires, ignition coil, fuel filter - 72k
    - New Alternator - 30k
    - New Radiator - 31k
    - New Windshield - 5k
    - New Interstate battery - 1k
    - Rear shocks, front stabilizer links - 108k

Bought this truck from a dealer in Boise in October 2010, after totaling our '01 Limited. We bought that wreck back from insurance, and have swapped a lot of parts over the past 10 years, so the right back door and the tailgate bear the "Limited" badges. I had traded seats years ago to use the nicer Limited ones, but have since worn those out badly, so the SR5 seats are back in there now and lightly used.

This is a very experienced truck, and everything works. Was my daily commuter for 6 years, has seen way more highway miles than offroad. Occasionally used for hauling all kinds of stuff, and used for light towing only a couple times a year. Easily the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned, and has NEVER broken down or left me stranded on the road or out in the hills.
    There are quite a few tiny rock chips in the exterior finish, with a few branch and doggie scrapes and a couple of nickel-sized dimples, but overall if you are more that 6' away she looks pretty clean.

Recently when I had to replace a few burnt out dash bulbs, I figured I'd experiment with some blue LEDs instead of the orig amber. Not sure if I like it all that much, so I kept the little amber lamp condoms for the option of changing them back. Also have disabled the Daytime Running Lights so the headlights can be off while running, but that is readily reversible.
    There are 2 heavy direct-to-battery power wires run to the back seat area - long story why those are there - they may come in handy.

BUY IT NOW! price - $12,000 Or Best Offer, cash only. Located near Medford, Oregon.
    I intended to price it at 13k for starters, but it will need some new front suspension parts pretty soon (the usual LBJs & UCAs, I believe). I figured that those are some of the first parts a new owner would likely want to customize anyway, so have adjusted the ask price accordingly, instead of installing stock parts.

Lots of photos here, can shoot more by request:
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/media/albums/2002-tacoma.61254/

front_lights.jpg

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  2. Jul 9, 2020 at 12:34 PM
    johnnywideopen

johnnywideopen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    San Diego
    Vehicle: