1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SOLD 2004 4x4 Prerunner Crawler 158k ARB/OBA - 6000$

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacomas For Sale (1995-2004)' started by Garth223, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 15, 2016 at 9:29 AM
    Garth223

Garth223 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garth
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    All Pro Bumpers, K&N CAI Kit, Rough Country 1.5" Fender Flares, Lund Bug Deflector, Icon Coilovers, Total Chaos UCAs, Billy 5125's rear, Deavers leaf springs, GrillCraft Black Mesh Grill, Blacked-out Taillights, All Pro 1.5" Wheel Spacers on back axle, FJ Cruiser Rims.
    20161024_160429.jpg 20161024_160439.jpg
    SOLD SOLD SOLD!
    I'm getting out of the Tacoma game and building a bigger badder 4Runner, so I'm selling my truck.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/5921099546.html
    There are some more pics to view there as well.

So here goes:

I'm selling my 2004 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner that has been converted to 4x4. This is the cleanest Tacoma you will find in New England, with none of that Toyota frame goop sprayed all over to make a mess of the underside, just the original frame and body in mint condition, minus a couple dents in the hood and bedside. Seeing as its an 04 Regular Cab, its got the 2.7L 3RZ with an A340F auto transmission sitting behind it.

I bought this truck in 2009 with under 52k on it, bone stock, down in Jacksonville NC. The truck and I both lived down there until 2013, when I moved back to NH. It was retired from daily driving duties and built into a mild rock crawler. At one point it had full All Pro armor, a winch, manual hubs, front and rear lockers, and a Trail Gear dual case with crossmember. It still has sliders, the dual case, rear ARB locker that was just installed and diff rebuilt 7k miles ago, and on board air.

The bench seat was swapped for color matched buckets, theres an Alpine head unit and 6x9s in the doors, CB radio with front facing speaker in the dash, Relentless Fab bed bar to mount a hi-lift jack, Tire Gate with full size unused spare which was kept covered in UV protection spray.

I swapped the gauge cluster with a slightly higher mileage white face 01-04 V6 cluster. RPMs read 2/3s of actual value, and the ODO reads 158,486, but actual is 130,404. I wrote the date and mileage of both ODO's at the swap under the hood with paint pen, see image 13. I still have stock cluster which is included with sale. The big 3 wiring has been replaced with 4 gauge wire, water pump done a few years ago, tranny was just flushed with Mobil 1 3309. Currently has all fresh fluids: Mobil 1 full synthetic in the motor, conventional 80W-90 in the diffs, Redline MT-90 in the transfer cases.

I just refreshed the truck and had the rear diff rebuilt by East Coast Gear Supply in May of this year to get ready for a long road trip, then drove it to Utah for Cruise Moab 2016. No problems along the way, ran the Kokopelli Trail over the course of 3 days, went to Top of the World, hit a bunch of other trails, drove it back, and decided to build an SUV to go back with next year.

The bad: The front bumper and struts/springs came from the guy who I sold the armor and suspension to. It currently has no rear bumper. The CV's, spindles, and rear shafts came off my project vehicle, swapped with the manual hub parts. The truck still has a non ADD front diff and now auto hubs. All 4 rims on the truck have rock rash, the tires have been used hard and chunked up a bit but they balance fine and have been rotated every 3k. The bed has a dent and some scratches on the passenger side from sliding into a tree on a muddy trail. The roof needs some more paint, it keeps cracking in the sun. The hood has a dent from parking on the 3rd baseline at a softball field, front driver fender has a dent too. The front brakes are less than a year old but the rotors are warped. Some of the welds aren't the prettiest, but they have held up to grinding across every rock I could find. The truck has been used as a wheeling rig, but I did my best to take care of it.

All of those things considered, this truck has the best body/frame in the area, with probably the lowest miles.

Give me 8 grand and you can bring it home and build it back up to rock crawl, bubba it out, mud it, daily drive it, whatever you want to do.

Mods big and small:

Pinch weld mod
    Energy Suspension poly body mounts
    Deavers J59 leaf springs / Bilstein 5125 shocks
    All Pro U-bolt flip kit
    Bilstein adjustable front struts with extended cab springs
    UCAs shaved to clear tires
    285/75/16 Firestone MT's on TRD FJ Cruiser wheels
    Big 3 wiring done with 4 gauge
    Door sill plate hardware swapped to stainless screws
    SUV bucket seats
    Dynamat on cab walls and doors
    Apline head unit
    Cobra CB radio / 3' Firestick
    Trail Gear crawl box with 2.28 gears and dual case skid plate
    ARB rear locker w/ fresh rebuilt rear end
    ARB high output compressor under the hood
    Marlin Crawler rear axle full face armor
    4.56 gearing in the differentials (speedo reads correctly)
    Relentless Offroad Fab bed bar / hi lift mount
    All Pro Offroad sliders
    Prerunner style TireGate with full sized unused spare
    01 -- 04 white gauge cluster reading 158,486 - actual on frame/motor is 130,404
    K&N Cold Air Intake
    Thrush Weld muffler
    Light bar on bumper which is mostly for show, you need to wire it up or throw it in the trash
    New charcoal EVAP canister,soft lines, and VSV under the hood
    New front brake pads

Clean title in hand

20161024_160517.jpg
    TAH_5873.jpg
    IMG_1606.jpg
    20161024_160453.jpg
    20161024_160548.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. Dec 15, 2016 at 4:39 PM
    Garth223

Member:
    First Name:
    Garth
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    All Pro Bumpers, K&N CAI Kit, Rough Country 1.5" Fender Flares, Lund Bug Deflector, Icon Coilovers, Total Chaos UCAs, Billy 5125's rear, Deavers leaf springs, GrillCraft Black Mesh Grill, Blacked-out Taillights, All Pro 1.5" Wheel Spacers on back axle, FJ Cruiser Rims.
    Bump - price dropped

3. Dec 16, 2016 at 10:58 AM
    Taco518

Taco518 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma 4x4
    Wheels and tires so far
    Wish you were a bit closer

4. Jan 7, 2017 at 5:57 PM
    TacoREX

TacoREX -TacoREX

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    NORCAL
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco 2.7 5spd
    2.5" lift, 285's, CB, DIY HiLift Bed Mount, AllPro Sliders,Warn
    Free bump, nice truck!

Wallbright likes this.
  5. Jan 7, 2017 at 8:20 PM
    Garth223

Member:
    First Name:
    Garth
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    Thanks! I sold it on Tuesday to a guy from Maine. Updating thread accordingly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top