1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

***SOLD***Custom 2wd daily driver, new paint, wheels, interior,etc

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacomas For Sale (1995-2004)' started by Furious, May 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 23, 2016 at 8:36 AM
    Furious

Furious [OP] New Member

Member:
    Ellijay GA
    Very nice 1996 Toyota Tacoma that has been tastefully customized. 2.4L engine, 5 spd transmission. This IS NOT some hacked-up POS that some kid built. I have been building custom Toyotas since the '80s. It is a very reliable vehicle that would be just as at home on the freeway as it would a car show. Drive it daily, cross country, or you cou

I know that I'm a new member here. If you'd like to see that I'm a reliable guy then please visit http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/members/furious.1645/
    I've been a member there for 6 years and have 133 positive feedback sales.

The Tacoma is lowered 3 inches on steel blocks with RX8 18x8 wheels on new 225/45/18 tires. Rides very smooth. Painted with a matte silver color from Hot Rod Flatz (TCP) called Silver Sled. It was fully primed with polyester before the paint. You wont find another one this color.
    LOTS of new parts: *Tires have less than 100 miles on them,*New chrome bumper with clear lenses (amber bulbs), *new chrome grill* new corner lenses with LED bulbs * New power steering pump * new fuel pump *new clutch* new brakes * new tune up with cap, rotor,wires, plugs, coil, valve cover plug seals, *New carpet, *new oil change, * new air filter,* new drive belts (all three), *new upper ball joints, * new shocks,* new Duraliner coating in the bed, * new Pioneer MP3/ direct iPod control with wireless remote,* new steel block lowering kit.
    Beautiful RX8 cloth bucket seats that sit very low. Drivers side seat adjusts up/down as well as front/back. Tilt steering allows the steering wheel to lower to the height of the new seats. This gives the truck a sports car feel like no other mini truck I've ever driven. Seat and steering wheel adjustments allow for almost anyone to drive this truck.
    Full interior/instrument LED conversion makes the interior look like a modern vehicle at night. VERY bright dome light and under dash lights allow you to see everything at night.

Everything works as it should. A/C blows cold. Runs and idles like a new engine.

Fenders, hood, doors are all marked with matching VIN.

Feel free to bring your mechanic to inspect it.

Come see and drive it and you'll agree that it runs and drives like a new one. No smoke, no noises at all, oil is super clean. This will make a very nice daily driver or a great start to a show truck.

Willing to meet in Ellijay GA. Wal Mart or the local police station preferred. No other meeting places, Cash only.

I have a clean GA title in hand and it is in my name. Bill of sale will also be provided. This truck has been registered since new in the north Georgia mountain area so it has never been tested for emissions.

$5900

(pictures really don't do this any justice. The paint is matte silver metallic although the very fine metallic flakes don't show up on the photos)

DSCN2011 - Copy.jpg DSCN2008.jpg DSCN2006.jpg DSCN2022.jpg DSCN1993.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  2. May 23, 2016 at 8:43 AM
    Furious

Furious [OP] New Member

Member:
    Ellijay GA
  3. May 23, 2016 at 8:45 AM
    JimboAnz

JimboAnz #OldNorm

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimbo
    Charlotte (Cornelius) NC
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F'in Ranger
    Sweet ride, GLWS :thumbsup:

Furious[OP] likes this.
  4. May 23, 2016 at 9:03 AM
    Furious

Furious [OP] New Member

Member:
    Ellijay GA
    Thanks man. I also build 4x4s like most of you guys here but went back to my 2wd roots on this one. Why buy a Miata or some other death trap when you could have the same experience in a Tacoma? The whole idea of this build was to make a daily driver but be different.

JimboAnz[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. May 23, 2016 at 6:13 PM
    Furious

Furious [OP] New Member

Member:
    Ellijay GA
    Aaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone. I knew it wouldn't last long.

6. May 23, 2016 at 6:16 PM
    El Duderino

El Duderino Obviously, you're not a golfer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    HI->PNW
    Vehicle:
    16 MGM Sport 4x4 DCSB & 19 nautical blue SR5 premium 4x4
    Stuff, things, this, an ADS
    These things go for a premium in Hawaii the only thing your missing is escalade rims on it a loud muffler lol. I like them better like this though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top