1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sold my Truck Yesterday

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FL4x4Taco, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Aug 17, 2009 at 6:29 AM
    FL4x4Taco

FL4x4Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oh I know. I've been in and out of the Yota world since 16yrs old. But I've been awaken, and enlightened about this finance mess we are all/most in in this country. Our parents, and grandparents didn't even live remotely like us. Hence why they built wealth over their lives, and we will be piss poor, I-pod Blue ray HD 72" Flat panel, Escalade driving government hand out dependent idiots at their age. You can spend $100k at a University, and not get one lick of fucking common sense about money, and financial independence. I don't think that's a coincidence.... And the means of passing down values, traditions, and skills about trades or Finances is pretty much dead. that's why we mortgage our Furniture, the house, car, car repairs, clothes...everything. Bull shit. And you wonder why the US dollar isn't worth the paper it's printed on, why China pretty much owns us. and nobody is willing to really make the changes needed. They just slow the speed down at which we are going to crash and burn. We need a Dave Ramsey for president, that is our only hope.

Cars, I Pods, TV's etc all lose value. Look at how much of a % of income we spend on this shit that isn't worth a nickel 2yrs later. it's a sure way to bankrupt yourself. now factor in a weak dollar, weak 401'ks, and long term investment, high taxes, inflation.... oh, and "Green Engery Taxes". WAKE UP AMURICA!!! Migh as well be living in the Matrix.

2. Aug 17, 2009 at 6:33 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Amen brother!
    Yes a few years ago I switched to cash or nothing philosophy. In some cases I save up & usually by the time I get there I don't want it anymore :laugh:
    Best on the new journey!

3. Aug 17, 2009 at 12:06 PM
    AFTaco

AFTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-road
    You made a wise choice. Hondas are just as reliable. Anything you wanna sell from your taco?

4. Aug 17, 2009 at 12:36 PM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    As long as you dont go screw yourself and get a Ridgline your welcome back any time :D Honda makes great 'CARS'.....

5. Aug 17, 2009 at 1:26 PM
    FL4x4Taco

Member:
    Excactly dude. I totaly agree. Honda makes "CARS". Not trucks!!!

6. Aug 17, 2009 at 6:13 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    It is :p

7. Aug 17, 2009 at 6:19 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,
    Sorry to hear about the touch sacrifice, Honda's are awesome too though. Hope u hop back in a Taco soon!

8. Aug 17, 2009 at 6:30 PM
    FL4x4Taco

Member:
    Well, when I can write one check for the whole thing, and afford the fuel economy, then I can make the decision if I want/need it. Can't say it's that bad of a deal... I feel so much calmer and at ease. and I really am liking the Honda. No it's a not a truck, I understand that. I could have made fun of the taco when I was driving around in a 10,000# F250 Crew Cab 7' bed, 6.0 Turbo Diesel on 35's with a 4" lift and 4" Straight pipe exhaust... Looking down at a taco it looked smaller than the Accord next to the Taco. but it all comes down to money. I'm not waiting or expecting "help" from anyone, especially not the gooberment. But to show you how bad things are, ABC I believe, last night had a story about how only white people visit national parks. And how blacks for some reason don't want to go. Tough times call for tough, responsible reporting. It would have been a story, if they weren't allowed in the park, but they. Everyone has a equal choice. We won't talk about the Deficit, how bad this country is in debt, why we don't manufacture a damn thing here anymore... no no, it's all about "green", and bullshit like that.

9. Aug 17, 2009 at 6:56 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    I find that a little hard to believe, I saw various ethnic groups at St Helen's when I went there just last week. So, sounds like some very irresponsible start some flames reporting to me, that goes true of any national park I've went to. Then again, most I've been to are in Arizona... I guess that's just how we roll.

I do agree with the manufacturing leaving over seas bit though. That's kinda nerve wracking, especially as I work for high volume manufacturing in semi-conductors. I'm sure eventually that'll disappear, then what, work at a call center? :sigh:

10. Aug 18, 2009 at 4:16 AM
    FL4x4Taco

Member:
    haha a Call center. Yeah I couldn't believe ABC was making a report like that... WTF man. Just so stupid. Seems like that's all that's going on lately, stupidness.

11. Aug 18, 2009 at 6:25 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Yea you wouldn't believe the number of people I've heard of that got approved for a house, bought an escalade the week before closing, and couldn't get the house because their credit went to shit. Though, the crappy thing is they actually lucked out and didn't lose 100k on their new house like I did, who tried to play the game right and buy well after the initial peak in AZ, 30 yr fixed only... :sigh:

Oh well, life's a game, you get raped in the ass, then you die. Doesn't have to be that way, but that's how it's become...

12. Aug 18, 2009 at 5:24 PM
    FL4x4Taco

Member:
    yup.... Seems like the more straight laced you are, the more you get screwed. That's the Liberal whacko way. We should pay for everyone else's stupidness, laziness, and overall f'n stupidness. Since Liberals are pro evolution, why don't let society and people "evolve". Stop meddling and let Darwin prevail.

13. Aug 18, 2009 at 6:00 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    We're on the same page, FL4X4Taco. Now I'm really sad to see you go.

14. Aug 18, 2009 at 6:05 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    Cant multiply wealth by dividing it!

15. Aug 18, 2009 at 6:17 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    congrats on the honda. Good that you're more comfortable with the Accord.

16. Aug 18, 2009 at 6:50 PM
    FL4x4Taco

Member:
    I got 115 miles out of 1/4 tank. a/c on 50%. driving it kinda hard sometimes. Yeah it sucks but could be worse. I could be stuck driving a Corolla, or some POS that's not fun to drive. Now that would suck. At least I'm in a win/win situation. Nice car, good finances. Still have to be thankful for what you have.

17. Aug 18, 2009 at 6:52 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    From my understanding it's not too accurate to figure fuel mileage by the gauge but congrats on the improvment.

18. Aug 18, 2009 at 6:55 PM
    FL4x4Taco

Member:
    I don't. I'm just stating what I've observed. When I fill it up I'll find out more accurately MPG's. and then from there on out it will be exact almost b/c I fill it up the same way each time. Close enought to see if you're going broke or not.

I actually just ordered tires for the bad boy. Goodyear Assurance "Fuel Max" tires. Got them online for a good price. Stock tire is 22#. These suckers are 19#. They're coming stock on the Chevy Volt. People seem to be raving about them. Heck, I took engineering physics, I know the weight difference alone is huge. On my mountain bike I pay big money to go from a 900 "GRAM" tire to a 510 gram tire. And they were only like $80/ea to the door after a $20 mail in rebate. Hard to beat. Lightest tire I could find in that size. And Yes they are made in the USA, along with most the Napa parts I buy. Except their air filters.. most air filters come from S. Korea... support the wife's people lol. Next is the 0w-20 Synthetic Mobil 1 or Pennzoil Platinum for the first oil change. Then back to the cheap Qstate/Mobil Clean 5k and white purolators. I'm on track to get this car up to Par under $800. that aint bad being I'm having a 4 wheel alignment done, road force balacing the tires and 4 new tires along with all the other misc maintenance items. I can actually drive to work and back on less than 1 gallon of gas now... I can't believe that. Better not say that to loud... someone will raise gas prices out of spite.

19. Aug 18, 2009 at 6:57 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    oh good. I was almost sure you knew that but I just didn't want you to get your hopes up.

20. Aug 19, 2009 at 2:34 AM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    Unless you divide it by fractions which are less than one. :p
    I'm just tickled to pay as much taxes as I do. :rolleyes:

Enjoy the Hon-duh! I liked my 98 Accord EX-V6. Had it for 6 years and 98K miles until the tranny sprung a very slow leak. I was tired of the car and was looking for a reason to trade it in. It was a great car and served me well.

Products Discussed in

To Top