1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Some more Lift questions!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Antonicus, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Jan 8, 2012 at 2:28 AM
    Antonicus

Antonicus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    SuperWhite 08 TRD OR AC
    AirRaid intake
    Ok, so after looking through many posts and checking websites here and there I think I have a idea on how to lift my truck. I have decided on the the bilstein 5100 that many people use here. But I have questions. I breezed over some of the forums and I was curious on springs. If I set bilstein 5100 to 2.5" and use stock spring does that mean the spring is in a constant state of compression? Are 3" springs designed to give an additional 3" of lift or are they used for a truck with say 3" of lift? Also, are new wheels necessary or can I get away with stock TRD OR wheels. I do some occasional offroading when I happen to get a weekend of but nothing to crazy. I'm trying to save money where I can but I dont want to deteriorate the life of some suspension component. I plan on running the stock rugged trails for as long as I can then maybe installing lift/tires at the same time. So any imput would be great. As I said i breezed through some threads so sorry if this is repeating anything.

08 Taco AC TRD OR pretty stock atm

2. Jan 8, 2012 at 2:43 AM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    New wheels aren't needed if you want to run 265/75/16.
    You will either need wheel spacers or new wheels with a 4.5 backspacing at least if you plan on running 285s.

3. Jan 8, 2012 at 3:00 AM
    KAWAIANIANI

KAWAIANIANI Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    TRD BLACKED OUT
    Weather tech stone deflector, Craven speed stubby antennae,DTLT and rear O2 Sims, URD Y pipe, 40 series flowmaster w/ 3" piping. Urd maf calibrator, TRD supercharger, TRD CAI.
    If you plan on lifting in the future you might as well save up and do it once versus buy some billies, find out you have a harsh ride, then upgrade again and again. Also depends on what you plan on doing with your truck, Mall crawl, Desert race etc....

4. Jan 8, 2012 at 12:24 PM
    Antonicus

Antonicus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    SuperWhite 08 TRD OR AC
    AirRaid intake
    I don't really plan on lifting it later. I just want it done right. If I have to wait i'll probably just wait and get a icon stage one or 2. Also a question about aals, my brother was moving some dirt in my taco when I guess the truck started rocking. Since aals are a bit stiffer, will that fix this?

Products Discussed in

To Top