1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Some new changes/mods

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tommy07, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Mar 6, 2009 at 9:00 AM
    tommy07

tommy07 [OP] Member

Member:
    So I wanted to share some changes/new mods I have done to the truck over the last 1-2 months. I went to toyota and purchased some all-weather floor mats. It worked out great because the weekend after I purchased them I went to south carolina to visit family. It happened to rain a little the weekend I was up so I tracked a great deal of clay and mud into the truck so they came in very handy. For those of you that do not have them I strongly recommend them. Everytime I clean my truck it is 10 times easier to vacuum and clean the floor. I just spray the weather mats off with water and they are good to go!

Next, I ordered a toyota roof rack and installed that. The install was very user friendly. Toyota does this need trick that I have heard of, but never seen before. They color code the screws so you do not install the wrong screw in the wrong place. Although this is never a problem for me, it made it twice as easy to distinquish where the screws go. I purchased a roof rack to support some beach hobbies such as ocean kayaking and surf fishing. I plan to put the kayak on the roof rack along with a rod or two this weekend to see how it works out.

The next upgrade was getting my TSB suspension installed this week. I must say, so far the ride quality has been great. I have been able to tell the quality of the smoother yet stiffer suspension that was installed.

I plan to post some pictures this weekend and to test out the durability of the rack with the kayak on top. The instructions for the roof rack said it can hold up to 100 pounds and my kayak only weights 45 pounds, so everything should work out well.

2. Mar 6, 2009 at 9:08 AM
    Notty

Notty Well-Known Member

Member:
    5Twenty
    Vehicle:
    08 DubCab PreRunner
    5100's @ 2.5, Rear TSB, ToyTec 1.5 AAL, 17" Incubus 511's, 285/70/17 Dueler Revo A/Ts, BHLM
  3. Mar 6, 2009 at 9:28 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Way to go....
    post em when you get em

4. Mar 6, 2009 at 2:27 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I've been thinking about a roof rack...The wife and I have talked about kayaks...and the rack seems like the best option.

can't wait to see the photos!!!

5. Mar 7, 2009 at 8:25 AM
    tommy07

tommy07 [OP] Member

Member:
    Here we go. I finally got to put the roof rack to good use. The kayak easily fits up there and the rack supports the kayak very well. Enjoy!

Picture 1027.jpg
    Picture 1025.jpg

6. Mar 7, 2009 at 8:26 AM
    tommy07

tommy07 [OP] Member

Member:

I love the look of Toyota's roof rack, plus the install is very very easy.

To Top