1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Some people do not deserve to own pets

Discussion in 'Pets' started by drjohnson36, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Aug 13, 2011 at 5:54 PM
    drjohnson36

drjohnson36 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Pre-Runner SR5 DC
    I'm a valet at a local beach club, and something happened today that literally made me sick. It was pretty warm today, I'd say around 75. This lady dropped her BLACK range rover off with us, and one of the other valets took it over to the parking lot.

She comes out of the club about 2 hours later, and hands me her valet ticket. Then she casually says "oh I think I left my dog in the car", as if it was a fucking pizza or something. I looked at her and said "are you serious?", to which she just nodded and said "oh it's fine, you parked in the shade right?".

I didn't even say a word, I just grabbed a water bottle and sprinted over to the parking lot to her car. I opened up the back door and sure enough, a young beagle was lying down on the floor, the only spot that had any shade in the entire car. He was sweating, panting, and definitely dehydrated. He didn't even get up when I opened the door. It was hotter than sin in there. I gave him some water which he very happily drank up, and then drove her car back.

When I got back to the club, I ran inside to get a bigger cup for the dog to drink out of, because the water bottle wasn't working too well. After a couple minutes he started wagging his tail and was doing much better. Then the owner tells me "yeah occasionally he just climbs into the car when it's in the garage," as if that would justify what had just happened. The only thing that kept me from exploding on her was my boss standing 15 feet away wondering why I was just running around the club. She didn't even thank me for what I did. She seriously did not care about her dog at all.

To make things even worse, this woman has kids.

/rant

2. Aug 13, 2011 at 5:59 PM
    Hughesc99

Hughesc99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Derby, KS
    wow dude i feel ya. i think i would have flipped out on her then taken her dog. i cant stand how some people treat animals, especially dogs. i have 2 and they both think they are human. some people just dont deserve to take care of other living things...

3. Aug 13, 2011 at 6:02 PM
    Catcrazed

Catcrazed Love is Dogs and Toyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Central Oregon
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen Flatbed 3.4
    91 Flatbed, 4.88's, ARBs, SAS, 3.4 Swap, 35s, M8000, lots lights, Aux tank, Protech
    Turn her in to the animal control. Next time u open the door he mite be dead.

4. Aug 13, 2011 at 6:05 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    That's messed up man. I'm glad to hear the dog was ok. She sounds like a real piece of work. Good job for tending to the dog. That had to be hard to not say anything.

5. Aug 13, 2011 at 6:15 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon

x2 You should have just flipped out on that biotch. Haha

6. Aug 13, 2011 at 6:20 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :mad: stupid people!!!! :thumbsup: for what you did for the pup.

7. Aug 13, 2011 at 6:30 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    If you can do this without losing your job, you should. I hate those kinds of people. I see questionable things all the time, but I am always at work and I know I'd get canned if I started calling my customers in for this kind of stuff. :mad:

8. Aug 13, 2011 at 6:30 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    +1 for helping with the dog. people like that piss me off something awful.

9. Aug 13, 2011 at 6:52 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    +2 People just think of their dogs as "possessions" and it makes me sick. I wish i could have slapped that woman! :mad:

10. Aug 13, 2011 at 7:01 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    You should have reported her to the police. Animal cruelty for sure, what a c**t!

11. Aug 13, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Thanks for taking care of the dog when it's owner wouldn't.

You should have broken the window to get into the car. Then when she complained, explain you feared for the dog's life.

12. Aug 13, 2011 at 10:45 PM
    asphaltpilot

asphaltpilot CAPS CAPS CAPS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    Good on you for helping the pup out. :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top