1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Someone left my number after they hit a car

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by docbrown, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Sep 20, 2016 at 8:08 PM
    docbrown

docbrown [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Eclipse 6620 AVN GPS/DVD, K&N Drop-in Air Filter, Hose clamp mod, Redline Quick Lift Elites, Bilstein 5100's at .85, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, Weather Techs front and back, Bug Guard, and Factory Bull Bar, Wet Okole's up front, Bed Mat, LED interior lights, Fumoto Oil Valve
    I just got a call from someone claiming my number was left on their car after it was hit. I tried to explain to the guy that I had not hit him or anyone else but he would not listen and started cussing me out. I hung up, texted him that it was not me and blocked his number.

I understand being upset about someone hitting your car and leaving, but no need to be a jerk. Only thing I can think is that I placed a couple of CL adds over the weekend and someone may have gotten my number that way, or just wrote a random number and it just turned out to be mine. I know neither myself nor my wife have hit anyone (no damage to either vehicle and my wife would have told me).

Strange thing is, I was supposed to meet someone regarding one of my adds at the Bass Pro parking lot and they never showed or replied to my texts or calls. After giving them a good while, I left and am pretty sure I was followed until I did a couple of U-turns before I got home. Same truck over 20 miles and several turns (including a U-turn) before they finally went on. Maybe related, maybe not. maybe just coincidence, but a strange two days.

2. Sep 21, 2016 at 6:51 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    That sucks! I always just leave the craigslist made email address for people to contact me. That way I can decide if they are crazy or not before I give phone numbers.

shakerhood and T-Rex266 like this.
  3. Sep 21, 2016 at 6:52 PM
    EatSleepTacos

EatSleepTacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    West Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    :tinfoilhat: can never be too careful out there

4. Sep 22, 2016 at 1:13 PM
    docbrown

docbrown [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Eclipse 6620 AVN GPS/DVD, K&N Drop-in Air Filter, Hose clamp mod, Redline Quick Lift Elites, Bilstein 5100's at .85, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, Weather Techs front and back, Bug Guard, and Factory Bull Bar, Wet Okole's up front, Bed Mat, LED interior lights, Fumoto Oil Valve
    Yep. It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you! :D

EatSleepTacos[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top