1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

someone please help me with my dilema!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by Robby655, Sep 14, 2013.

?

quality suspension or average lift with awesome goodies

Poll closed Oct 14, 2013.
  1. Plan A

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  2. Plan B

43 vote(s)
    86.0%
  1. snowtank

snowtank whys the rum gone

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    11 txpro dbcb, 08 trd sprt dbcb
    Not a whole lot yet. Just sliders , cb, tinted windows, mag light and ammo. The 08 has 6" pro comp lift .
    Phone messed up so couldnt finish.

Great job. And get a cb! I will help install. And you can talk back and durring the run.

2. robssol

robssol !@$%#

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, TRD Sport, SR5, 4X4, ACLB
    Fog lights available in all flight modes, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, Plasti-dip rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Interior mood lighting by Flyzeye designs, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED hood lights by tacodane, Rampage 22" LED light bar, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod.
    None of the above. Alternate plan C. Invest it and in a few years you'll be able to get whatever you want for your truck! :yay: Be carefull. You might make to much and not want to pull it out:eek:

3. 4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    No Truck
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Jeezus, either I'm missing something or this is the douchiest comment I've seen for a bit, what the hell difference does it make ?? & more importantly what business is it of yours ?? The guys wife gave him a nice chunk of change, I think its pretty awesome nice to see a wife giving to her husband, usually the other way around, & "shopping for a pair of balls". Dude, really ??....:facepalm:

& WTF is "phraseology" ??

OP, def. option B will fit your needs , besides its better to have a functional truck that does that, than to have one with all the bells & whistles just to look cool, You can still have an awesome looking truck with plan B too..

4. Madjik_Man

Madjik_Man The Rembrandt of Rattle Can

Member:
    Boulder, CO
    Vehicle:
    1998 Ext Cab TRD 5MT sunfire red pearl
    About 25 pounds of spray paint and vinyl dye
    "dilema"

#firstworldproblems

:p

5. tacomataco2

tacomataco2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastham Mass
    Vehicle:
    02 Dbl cab Silver
    Bilstein 5100's, eibach coils, u bolt flip, Dakars/d6xl, Ome shackles, Poly sway bar bush, Poly rack bush, voltmeter, led guage lights, magnaflow stainless catback, stainless cats, deckplate mod, afe filter, tundra brakes,PIAA fogs behind grillecraft, color matched grille, soft topper, Projector retrofit, Allpro bumper , Blitzpro light bars, Alpine/ rock fosgate sound system, 35% tint, Some derped stuff
    Eibach coils, 5100's, Dakar leaf packs, an arb bumper, and 265-75-16 tires. Badass setup, not very grandma like

6. Guerrilla

Guerrilla Smurf it.

Member:
    First Name:
    Coast to Coast
    Vehicle:
    El' Black 13 DCSB 4x4
    Yosemite Sam "Back Off" Mud Flaps, Flint Sparkle Curb Protectors , Persian Rug floor liners, Salt water crocodile skin seat covers "with head on head rest, that's battery operated and shakes side to side when you sit down (Like it's tearing your head off) Also piece of the tail on passenger side seat that flops back n forth controled via an old Atari joystick mounted on the console (for the ladies) " All four Flipper claw feet remain on skin (one set at your shoulders other at waist and cradle hug you into the seat buckets, Three Diamond stitched Silk Snow Leopard print throw pillows from Bangladesh , Chameleon Glitter tint and more to come, so check back for updates.
    Psssh:rolleyes:
    Bro you don't owe anybody an explanation of jack. You weren't asking for an interrogation questionnaire.
    I'd say plan B. And thanks for your service.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

7. Mr Salty

Mr Salty Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hermmy
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    All sorts of crap
    I say go performance over looks, thats what i always do.

Cost wise I'd do the Icon Stage 2 and call her done. Know need for new UCAs unless you plan on playing harder or trying to squeeze minimal down travel out of the stock suspension using extended travel COs. Bilstiens in the back suck in my opinion and get way too hot quickly; the 2.5" COs will pair nice with the rear reses 2.0s.

Link to kit I'm talking about is below, just shop elsewhere for a deal and you'll be under 2k and can spend the rest on sizzle :wink:

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/store/products/1996-%252d-2004-Tacoma-Suspension-System-%252d-Stage-2.html

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  8. TACO TX

TACO TX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Denison ,Texas
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Off road DC aka (Charlotte)
    Bilstein hd's, hunter bull bar w/ KC apollos, vent visors, Cooper AT3's, grey wire mod, KnN filter, Kenwood head unit.
    Plan D: Toytec 5100 coilovers, wheelers 5 pack leaf pack and rear 5100's. that leaves you a grand to do whatever else with. New tires ect. Upgrade the suspension for everyday driving and comfort and still function off road too, its a win win situation. No need to get all crazy to pound the pavement.

To Top