1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Someone Sell Me On The Wet Okole's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by IrishPilot, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Sep 22, 2009 at 6:35 AM
    IrishPilot

IrishPilot [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road 4x4 Double Cab
    Ive already put in for the group buy feeler...and am fairly certain that Im going to go through with it...but I do go back and forth. Its a decent chunk of change that I could be putting towards something else, so Im trying to determine how valuable you owners have found them to be.

Id very much appreciate any reviews, pictures, etc. Yes Ive gone through all the current threads ;) It seems people really love 'em, but they never say why! Do they feel different? More comfortable? Just look better? Piece of mind towards protecting the stock interior? etc.

Thanks!

2. Sep 22, 2009 at 6:42 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    you definitely feel the difference in comfort ability. with the stock material it was good enough to hug the body especially on long road trips...but because wet okoles use neoprene...its like using temperpedic but for cars and truck...because its water proof the neoprene tends to fit to your body even better then before but once you get off the seat the neoprene moves back to its original fitting...

nobody likes mildewy and stained seats...need I say any more about wet okole's using neoprene...its like a wetsuit/condom for your seats...fits perfectly while keeping them dry...

they look awesome as well...especially in person...there are countless color combos you can put together for your liking...

good luck on your choice and keep us posted to what you chose to get...WET OKOLES FTMFW!!!

3. Sep 22, 2009 at 6:45 AM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    When I got mine, I definitely did not expect them to make the seats more comfortable but they do. And they are completely waterproof. And they have keep me from staining the stock seats already. And they look good.

So in short, If you got the moneys, get them.

4. Sep 22, 2009 at 6:47 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    They do add a pretty nice cushion to the seats...They hold a bit more heat than the stock seats, but it's not that bad. The look shit hot. They protect the seats from water, dirt, whatever, They look shit hot.

and did I mention they look shit hot??

If it's the difference between buying food or paying bills and WOs...It's obvious. But if it's one mod over another...You gotta decide which one means more to you.

5. Sep 22, 2009 at 6:48 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    i enjoy not having to care how dirty me or the dog are when we get in... but somehow i got a tear in the passenger front... might have been with the dog while trailing or the laptop foot and idk pushing it... well the cover has a peeled back corner and the neaoprene is exposed

6. Sep 22, 2009 at 6:56 AM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    I love that I can replace them if they messed up and it's not as expensive as getting the OEM seats redone. I love the material and how it's waterproof. I love the fit and the fact that you sit an inch higher, it really helps out.
    The quality is awesome and it looks great!

7. Sep 22, 2009 at 7:15 AM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged
    theyre not expensive. You pay $500 and you can sell them for $200 when you get rid of the taco because they are always in demand so reallllly you're only losing $300 AND saving your stock seats

8. Sep 22, 2009 at 8:51 AM
    brandob9

brandob9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Long Bed
    Soundproofed cab, beeps purged, bed lights, extra bed tie-downs and TSB springs.
    What part of them makes you sit higher? I'm already struggling to see stoplights, and this comment makes me skeptical.

9. Sep 22, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    yotarob2005

yotarob2005 Kiss My IFS

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Bryan , Tx
    Vehicle:
    05 D-cab trd sport long bed
    Front Bilstien 5100's Set @ 1.75", rear 5100's & TSB springs, Flowmaster, TRD seat covers, Toyota All weather floor mats, 265/70-17 Michelin LTX AT2's, some Debadgeding, BHLM, led bed lights, 886 back up lights, fog lights anytime mod, Extra d-rings, Toyota bed mat, sockmoney TRD decals, Kenwood 890DNX, Firestone ride-rite air bags, 2 car seats.
    I had a set of Wet Okole's on my last taco & they where great. I have these on my truck now, they are neoprene also, from the stealership for $200. Just another option.

Pics6-26-09328_c61258b5fa943b82fb515ae0ae82500254c4bc8a.jpg

10. Sep 22, 2009 at 9:23 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    i def. wouldnt say an inch but u sit a little higher... just think about the thickness of a wetsuit and thats how high itll raise u

11. Sep 22, 2009 at 10:12 AM
    Canadianboy

Canadianboy Taco love in East Van

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport S/B 4x4 Auto in Mag Grey
    Icon Stage 3, Goodyear Duratracs and KMC Addicts!
    If anybody has some pictures of the all light grey wet okoles with black piping, can you post up some pics?

12. Sep 22, 2009 at 10:35 AM
    06RedComa

06RedComa Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 DC Sport
    Kings, Camburg 1.25" UCAs, Dakar leafs, TRD exhaust, Grillcraft grille, All-Pro APEX Bumper, Kenwood DNX6960, Avid Sliders, SnugTop Rebel, 285/75/16 Hankook Dynapro atm
    Go with the wet okoles, i went with the trd ones cause i wanted to save some money and now i burn my back and ass anytime i get in after the seat covers have been setting in the sun.

13. Sep 22, 2009 at 3:55 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Exactly.
    This the 3rd truck I have had them in and everytime I sell the truck outright I let the buyer know the seat covers will cost em extra or they stay with me to sell outright. Not one of them have balked at this.

These covers are comfy, functional, & look good.

Products Discussed in

To Top