1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sometimes it's nice to have a truck.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Mr. Brown, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    White Double Cab Off Road
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    Today I was In a lane that was merging. Then the guy in a Mercedes behind me decided he didn't want want to let me in and gassed it..... right into my rear tire. My truck was completely fine, and they guy was pissed, but hey, karma's a bitch. We both pulled over he moaned for a couple of minutes. Then, without saying a word to me, he got back in his car and drove off.

Anything like that ever happen to any of you? A situation that just makes you glad to be a "pickup man?"

2. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:13 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    yes. almost exact same thing happened to me. cept, there was a shit ton of damage on her car and NONE what so ever on her car and tried to pull it as my fault. needless to say it ended up being her fault

EDIT: Yes. Almost exact same thing happened to me, except there was a shit-ton of damage on her car, and NONE on my truck. Needless to say, it ended up being her fault.

lol better? :laugh:

3. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

What the fuck did you just say? Use grammar son!

4. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    haha Im usually the guy who doesnt let them in. But they usually dont try to merge cause of the truck. Except when i go to san francisco, those fuckers are psyco

5. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:17 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    naw fool. fUk dat SheEt YoE! Holla aTchyO bOieee!!!

6. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:18 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Vivid Illumination Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Gillette, WY
    Vehicle:
    05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah, I gots boost
    Panda, what kind of alternate reality do you live in where tons of damage as well as none all at the same time!? She crazy!

7. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:18 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    oh wait at first i was all... wait im confused....i see what you mean lol :laugh:

8. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:20 PM
    spitviper

spitviper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Belleview, FL
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma Prerunner
    31x10.50 Tires with Mickey thompson rims
    My dad was sitting at a stoplight in the Tacoma before it was mine and a corvette rear ended him. The Tacoma was fine but the hitch put a hole in the hood of the corvette and popped the headlight out.

9. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:20 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

ಠ_ಠ

10. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:22 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX or College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner V6 Black
    Viper Alarm, In Pro Car Wear L.E.D. Tail Lights, Fog Lights, ScanGuageII, AvidOffroad Light Bar, Ammo Box Mod, Tailgate Theft Prevention Mod, Satoshi Grill, Hella 500ff behind the grill, blendmount, Cruise Control Mod, Fog Light Mod, 5100's @1.75, Toytec TSB AAL 1.5".
    I wasn't there, but depending on the doucheness of this gut you could have called the cops and claimed it was a hit and run.

11. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:22 PM
    Mr. Brown

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    I didn't catch it at first either. Then I read it again and lolled.

12. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:23 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2016 Honda Civic (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    yes they are

13. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:23 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Airaid Short Ram Intake, 285x75R16 Mickey Thompson MTZs, 16" Konig Countersteer rims, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Driving in Canadian Blizzards.

Got to love passing a Honda Civic doing 20km/h and cruising past them doing a comfortable 70-80km/h with 4Hi on. :D

14. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Lusby, MD
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    first year i had the truck, two teenage girls in a honda civic slammed into me on the freeway when my lane suddenly stopped and they didn't notice (talking on their cell phones). i felt the rear of the truck lift up a little, looked in my rear view and didn't see anything becasue they wedged the tiny car under my hitch reciever....they must have been afraid of what daddy was gonna do if i had been able to get the police there to file a report, they backed up out from inder me and hauled ass away. i couldn't get their plate number in time, but their hood was F*$^#@ and i saw smoke coming from the front end as they drove off. when i got home i inspected the truck...all i had was a 1 inch scratch in the paint on my trailer hitch.......i get a big smile on my face whenever i think about that.

15. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:25 PM
    Mr. Brown

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    Nah, I'm just going to let sleeping dogs lie. With my luck I would pursue it and then somehow I would end up being found at fault. Like I said, karma's a bitch.

16. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:26 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Airaid Short Ram Intake, 285x75R16 Mickey Thompson MTZs, 16" Konig Countersteer rims, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    @ ColinB17 - Was the truck lifted at that point in time?

17. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    Mr. Brown

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    That's awesome!

18. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:30 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Lusby, MD
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    not that i enjoy getting rearended, but it was kinda funny, because the truck lurched forward and the rear lifted up when they wedged their car under mine....... i knew exactly what had just happened, but the little civic was so small i couldn't see it in any of my mirrors or even by turning around and looking directly out the back window

19. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    Finks99Taco

Finks99Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    'Fink'
    Coconut Creek, Florida
    Vehicle:
    1993 pickup
    My neighbor's boyfriend was over and parked his truck (lifted 6inches with around 40's on it) on the street. About midnight we hear a SLAM and go running outside. This old ladies little Honda is right behind the driver's rear tire. Her hood is caved in a little but after looking closer, she had tire tread up to her windshield! She was going fast enough to get up under the tire like a wedge and then be pushed back out.

20. Sep 30, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab 6spd 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    you mean "it's nice to have a taco"!!

haha jk glad you and your truck is a okay.

panda :laugh:

To Top