1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sonoran Steel Fabrication

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by NicksRig, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Nov 25, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    NicksRig

NicksRig [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Blacked out Skid plate, block heater, bug deflector, blacked out headlights, tinted fronts, OME 3" lift, Toytec AAL, Revenge-Fab Sliders, K&N Air Filter
    My brother is looking at a lift for his 99 4runner and he is kinda set on buying from sonoran steel. www.sonoransteel.com. Since Christmas is around the corner I would like to help him with the purchase and install. My question for you folks at TW. Have you dealt with them? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

2. Nov 25, 2010 at 4:47 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    thought they quit selling in the u.s. had some issues a few years back i believe

3. Nov 25, 2010 at 7:23 PM
    NicksRig

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Blacked out Skid plate, block heater, bug deflector, blacked out headlights, tinted fronts, OME 3" lift, Toytec AAL, Revenge-Fab Sliders, K&N Air Filter
    Thanks for the response. Any Arizona guys maybe got any info?

4. Nov 26, 2010 at 8:21 AM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    I bought a lift for the old 98 4Runner I had from Steve a few years ago. Very nice guy to work with and would def do business with him again.

5. Nov 26, 2010 at 10:02 AM
    NicksRig

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    What lift did you get 3inch?

6. Nov 26, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    I was going to run with the System 1.2 Lift.

My experience with Steve was very good. What had happened was we bought the 4Runner and it had 100k on the odo. The suspension was pretty much shot and I started to look for a replacement. I found Sonoran Steel and after much debate I ordered the System 1.2. Once the box arrived I tore into (after what looks like UPS did as well) it only to find oh over 1/2 the parts were missing. I called up Steve and asked if there was another box on the way and he said no, everything was in the one box. He filed a claim with UPS and during the process my wife was driving the 4Runner when it started to cough and sputter and throw a CEL. It had kinda done it before but not too bad and we had taken it to Toyota which of course they found nothing wrong with it. Well this time it had violently coughed up the #3 spark plug. Turns out the previous owner had cross threaded the spark plug and attempted to fix it with a helicoil... Pretty much ruining the head. We needed a car and we had to pay to have the head replaced. I called up Steve and told him the situation and that we needed the money to repair the 4Runner. He refunded the money no questions asked and I sent what parts I had back to him. I could tell he was disappointed (understandably as a small business owner) but understood the situation. I would gladly do business with him again.

7. Nov 26, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    doh..stupid phone won't let me edit and accidentally pressed post.

If he decideds on something else, the OME kit is pretty good for the 4runner. My buddy and I put one on his 4runner. It's pretty nice.

32204_661881621993_23201017_38513926_52938_n.jpg

8. Nov 26, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    NicksRig

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    I think OME might be the way to go. I running the ome setup on my Tacoma and love it. I also had great experience buying from toytec. Thanks for the respnses guys.

Products Discussed in

To Top