1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sony NEX camera's

Discussion in 'Photography' started by MenaceAllen, Jul 22, 2010.

1. MenaceAllen

MenaceAllen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Fargo, ND
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White TRD Sport
    Alpine W505 Deck, GPS, WeatherTech Mats, Vent Visors, 18" KMC Monsters w/ Nitto Terra Grapplers, 20% Tint, Bed Mat, Eibach Coils, Blistein 5100's, Rear 1.5" AAL, Lorado Access Cover, TREX Angry Eyelids, AstroStart, 6k H.I.D's
  2. Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    Delray Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    2007 Infiniti G35S
    Not sure man. New technology, will have to really play with it to see if it's worth it.

3. kraaazymike

kraaazymike Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal.
    Vehicle:
    01 PreRunner
    So after looking through specs, reviews etc., this looks like it might be a neat little gadget. It seems to have most everything a generic SLR has. The biggest con that people didn't like was the menu system. The biggest cons that I can foresee is the lack of aftermarket support, cost of additional lenses and flash systems.

In general and without physically playing with it, I think this could give you great pictures but if you want to seriously get into photography with flash and zoom lenses, you might as well spend your $600 on a real SLR.

4. Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    Dirty South
    Vehicle:
    90 Mustang Notch, 06 CTS-V
    pretty cool camera...has a few drawbacks

I wouldn't get it unless you really couldn't carry a full size SLR though

5. MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes...

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    in the kitchen
    Vehicle:
    99 - 3.4L V6 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's front and rear, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners, CVT Mt. Bachelor RTT, custom bed rack & CBI sliders
    I have a Sony Alpha SLR (A350) and while I love the camera (my 1st SLR) the one major drawback to it is that accessories are nearly impossible to find. The only lenses, flashes, etc that fit are made by Sony. No one locally carries Sony stuff so I'm left to get everything online (I do prefer to shop local as much as possible). While Sony is a great company, there are better lens manufacturers that I would prefer to buy but can't. If I were to purchase again, I would have gone with either Canon or Nikon just for that reason. I just didn't know any better at the time. So be warned that you will be limited in what accessories you can purchase.

In the case of the nex...I would be wary of it because its a brand new model with no track record and you are banking soley on Sony's reputation. I would say take the plunge and get a real SLR, whatever brand.

6. DTacoms

DTacoms Well-Known Member

Member:
    Frisco, Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 DC LB BSP
    For that price, I would just go with DSLR. If you want point and shoot flexibility, there's Nikon D5000 with picture quality comparable to higher models such as D90 and D300s. It shoots HD video too.

7. THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    dude those things are bad ass!!!

ive sold a few of them at best buy. theyre so sick. perfect if you dont need a full slr

To Top