1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

(soon to be) new owner!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by xj2000, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Sep 16, 2011 at 9:21 AM
    xj2000

xj2000 [OP] Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Who Knows???
    Whats up? New to the Yota world, been with Jeeps for about 5 years for my 4wd needs. I'm not an owner yet, still in the market but haven't found a dealer that'll take my money.

Wondering if anyone else has felt unwanted at a dealership, almost like they are doing YOU a favor by selling you the truck?

I'll admit I am set on what I want, but every dealership I've gone to has told me something different. i.e. '12 aren't out yet, '12 will be out soo, '12 only we can order you a '12, Toyota doesn't take orders, blah blah blah blah.

Anyone have any advice for a newbie buyer of Toyota.

2. Sep 16, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    eternal512

eternal512 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    deal with the internet salesman, they work on volume and will often give you a better price with no haggle> i bought mine for the exact price i was quoted,under invoice< no shenanigans

3. Sep 16, 2011 at 9:33 AM
    xj2000

xj2000 [OP] Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Who Knows???
    internet sales guy at the dealer?

4. Sep 16, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW! :wave:

5. Sep 16, 2011 at 12:48 PM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    [​IMG]Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV. [​IMG]

6. Sep 16, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    FY01CPO

FY01CPO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    CT
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4
    black tube steps, side marker turn signals, 15% tint and window strip, EGR vent shades, fighter pilot/cockpit mod, console and glove box auto on LED, anytime fog light mod, 3000k HID fogs, bed mat wing nut mod, locking bed storage bin mod, smoked tail lights, plasti-dipped rims, blacked out emblems, black tail pipe, tail gate hose clamp, rear seat utility/dog shelf with rear center console access door.
    Yep. I bought mine from the internet dealer too. Best way to go, IMO. I looked all over the state, found one I liked, emailed them to inquire more and went in for a test drive and drove out of there with the truck. To me, it was no different than price comparison shopping for anything else. Assuming the dealers put their stock on the web accurately, you can shop around without going to all the dealers in your area. Then when you decide to ask questions or set up a test drive, you will deal with the internet guy who doesn't stalk the lot for people just driving by and deciding to look at the stock on the lot. The internet guys rely mostly on people looking at the vehicles online and setting up times to come and look at them from what I understand.

I think that is what the difference is for the internet salesman vs. the regular salesman. Though I could be wrong.

7. Sep 16, 2011 at 2:45 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    Well you went from a couple good vehicles(Jeeps) to another(Toyota) so you wont miss a beat, welcome!

8. Sep 25, 2011 at 7:37 AM
    xj2000

xj2000 [OP] Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Who Knows???
    Toyota dealers have yet to give me any confidence... starting to question my decision...

The first dealer I spoke with (5 hrs away near my grandparents) called me a week ago and stated the truck we discussed had shipped and would be in early next next week (26-27 sept). Needless to say, I was excited. I drove all the way there to complete the paperwork and arrange shipment. So I get there yesterday and started filling out the paperwork, noticed the MSRP was a lot cheaper than I expected. Asked to see the build sheet for the truck I am signing for since all they had on the desk was what I gave them when I told them what I wanted.

Well good thing I did because after they assured me it was my exact truck and I was half done with the forms, turns out the truck they were trying to sell me was NOT my truck but a standard TRD OR. No tube steps, no entune, no TX PRO.

Their excuse after I caught their lie was "an inexperienced salesman put in the order wrong". Now I have to wait until mid-late October because the next allocated truck will not be built until 30 Sept.

For as much hype as Toyota gets, I haven't seen one once of it.

9. Sep 25, 2011 at 7:41 AM
    Russell F

Russell F Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Madison Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 Off Road
    Removed mudflaps, 14" shorty, weatherteck floor mats, interior floorboard blue led
    Welcome to TW :cheers:

10. Sep 25, 2011 at 7:51 AM
    FY01CPO

FY01CPO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    CT
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4
    black tube steps, side marker turn signals, 15% tint and window strip, EGR vent shades, fighter pilot/cockpit mod, console and glove box auto on LED, anytime fog light mod, 3000k HID fogs, bed mat wing nut mod, locking bed storage bin mod, smoked tail lights, plasti-dipped rims, blacked out emblems, black tail pipe, tail gate hose clamp, rear seat utility/dog shelf with rear center console access door.
    Wow. What a crappy way to be welcomed to the Toyota community. Remember, not all of us are douchebags like the dealers so once you finally do get it, you can get 99% of your help here. Sorry it has been a poor experience for you. Come to CT, where everyone is courteous and kind. LOL

11. Sep 25, 2011 at 7:58 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Welcome to the club. Just remember that inventory in supposed to be slowed due to the tsunami. And yes Toyota is proud of their stuff and hard to deal with. So you are set on the 2012? Maybe you can work a better deal on a 2011? Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top