1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Soon to be new tacoma owner (4x4 2.7L Access Cab)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by scottyknu, May 13, 2011.

1. May 13, 2011 at 12:23 AM

scottyknu [OP] Member

May 12, 2011
    First Name:
    Glenwood Springs, CO
    11' 4x4 SR5 V6 Access Cab
    (I put this in the new members forum, but this is most likely the more appropriate forum.)

Hey guys, I'm a soon to be Taco owner, and I just wanted to ask you veterans a few questions.

I live in south Texas right now, and drive a (crappy) 96' Ford Mustang. It was my college car, and I drove it because it was the available vehicle. I am graduating tomorrow with a civil engineering degree. I've been looking forward to getting a new vehicle upon graduation. I've come to love the toyota tacoma, and I just want to make sure I'm making the best decisions when it comes to my money post graduation.

I've accepted a job in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, where I hope to do a lot more outdoor sort of activities. I've absolutely enjoyed these past 3 summer internships up there.

This is the vehicle I've landed on.
    2011' 2.7L i4 4x4 Manual Transmission - Access Cab Toyota Tacoma.

I just need a little veteran reassurance that this is the ideal vehicle for a guy like me, living in an area like I will. In Texas 4x4 isn't much of an issue besides the occasional beach trip or muddy hunting trip. I'm expecting to need this a lot more in Colorado. From what I've read on the i4, it seems like a very capable engine, and the V6 seems to be only for the in need of excessive power or towing capabilities. Hope I'm not missing anything here..

Thanks a ton for your feedback! - Scot
  2. May 13, 2011 at 5:59 AM

BigRedToy BRT

Apr 12, 2009
    First Name:
    07 Regular Cab SR5 4x4
    That truck will be perfect for Colorado. Check out the South West section of the forums, thats where the Colorado people post.
To Top