1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

soon to have Custom 5" Deavers and maybe shock relocation carrier bearing questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TX RPO, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Mar 5, 2013 at 10:22 PM
    TX RPO

TX RPO [OP] Desert Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    SHANE
    LAS VEGAS NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX PRO
    Dr Coilovers; Camburg UCAs; Sway bar Relocation block; Deaver J66 Leafs; ProComp extended travel rear shocks 6K HIDs & 13" antenna
    I'm going to be picking up a set of custom deavers that will give me 5" of rear lift and may settle to 4.5" so that way I don't have the bro lean with my lift spindles. This will be like a standard pack as far as stiffness and what not.

Questions are:

1) With 5" or so of lift in the back, how much will I need to space my carrier bearing?

2) Will I need to put an angled shim between the springs and the axle?

3) With this shock relocation setup they say you can run a 12" King. So if i'm lifted 4-5" above stock, How long of a shock should I run... Roughly? http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay-area-metal-fabrication/233021-b-m-f-2nd-gen-rear-shock-relocation-kit.html

4) Will this amount of lift affect my ebrake?

2. Mar 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM
    TX RPO

Member:
    First Name:
    SHANE
    LAS VEGAS NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX PRO
    Dr Coilovers; Camburg UCAs; Sway bar Relocation block; Deaver J66 Leafs; ProComp extended travel rear shocks 6K HIDs & 13" antenna
    bump

3. Mar 8, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    TX RPO

Member:
    First Name:
    SHANE
    LAS VEGAS NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX PRO
    anyone?

4. Mar 8, 2013 at 7:23 PM
    chilidogrc

chilidogrc Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Member:
    First Name:
    Rodrigo
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    05 AC Sport 4x4
    King RR Coilovers, FM 40, Allpro rear bumper, OME Dakar leafs, rear 5100's, Snugtop Rebel shell, Treadwright tires, Allpro apex front plate bumper, triple hella 700's, Blacked out headlights, CF hood, weathertech floor mats
    You might have to use shims and carrier spacer. Or go with a one piece driveshaft.

5. Mar 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    TX RPO

Member:
    First Name:
    SHANE
    LAS VEGAS NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX PRO
    1) With 5" or so of lift in the back, how much will I need to space my carrier bearing?

2) Will I need to put an angled shim between the springs and the axle?

3) Will this amount of lift affect my ebrake?

6. Mar 9, 2013 at 11:16 PM
    Boost JuNkY

Boost JuNkY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC SPORT 6MT
    885's, OME Nitros, AP 3" leafs, DTLT's, Magnaflow Exhaust, TRD SS, AFE prodry S, URD Maf Cal, Exedy Clutch, URD TOB, Bhlm, AP winch bumper, Daystar 9" lights, OEM roof rack, Yakima fairing, Bed & rock lights, Sony Sub & Amp, 48" Hi Lift, 4X sliders,
    Ive got roughly 4.5" lift on rear. No (removed) axle shims, 1/8" thick CB spacer. I just figured out that best combo today.
    Ive been running 2* and 3* shims for a while. Didnt realize that was the issue all along. Tried various CB spacers without luck.
    My ebrake cable is ok as far as I can tell. Just dont mount the retainer on the leaf to create more room.

This worked for me but might be different in yours.

7. Mar 10, 2013 at 8:50 PM
    TX RPO

Member:
    First Name:
    SHANE
    LAS VEGAS NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX PRO
    Thanks for your input! So basically no shim + 1/8" CB spacer = goodness? :D

When you say "didn't realize that was the issue all along" What was the issue? Vibes?

8. Mar 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    Boost JuNkY

Boost JuNkY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC SPORT 6MT
    885's, OME Nitros, AP 3" leafs, DTLT's, Magnaflow Exhaust, TRD SS, AFE prodry S, URD Maf Cal, Exedy Clutch, URD TOB, Bhlm, AP winch bumper, Daystar 9" lights, OEM roof rack, Yakima fairing, Bed & rock lights, Sony Sub & Amp, 48" Hi Lift, 4X sliders,
    Yeah I had take off vibes. I always thought I needed the shims so I never considered taking them off. I still have very slight vibes at 10mph, but I think its due to my worn CB. I kept messing with the lift height so I had a harder time getting my best setup. Never had vibes over 10mph though.

Didnt really bothered me that much until I started reading the driveshaft angle thread recently.

To Top