1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SOS Concepts Skids and Sliders Review

Discussion in 'Armor' started by TheCochese, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Aug 19, 2021 at 9:05 AM
    Jacob06

Jacob06 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 access cab 2.7 5sp 4x4
    Are other skids compatable with the SOS IFS skid? I already have that and just want to complete the trio

2. Aug 19, 2021 at 11:35 AM
    Jacob06

Jacob06 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I tried the phone number and emailed him through the site. I'll see what happens. I think my IFS skid must be an older one as mine doesnt have the SOS logo on it- looks the same otherwise. I've had it off and on a couple times, and bashed it a few times, no problems a little spray paint couldn't fix. I got the sliders too.

Running a small business is tough, I get it, I run one. It's fun to dream about being covered up in work until you are and you realize that the problems scale with the revenue.

I've found that honesty is the best policy even if its bad news, you just have to communicate and if that's not enough for people they can take it elsewhere- which in turn lightens the load so you can get caught up.

He's probably just a small shop that's been getting smashed by covid demand that he never dreamed he would have.

It happened to me. Everyone says "that's a good problem to have" But it's really exhausting. I might be dug out by november. Until then, I'm overbooked, behind schedule, mistakes are being made, and people are getting hurt. Yeah- real good problem to have

It's all in how you handle your customers. Just tell it like it is and if they want your work they will wait for it.

I hate waiting though! Lol

SOS CONCEPTS and CowboyTaco like this.
  3. Aug 22, 2021 at 7:10 AM
    SOS CONCEPTS

SOS CONCEPTS Bumper builder

Member:
    First Name:
    SOS
    Laurens SC
    Vehicle:
    17 sos buggy, 09 taco(in pieces), 14ram 3500
    Rock bouncer
    I took the skids off the website because the price of steel right now out weighs the time and or profit to build them at the moment.

I am a small shop. Have been working alone since January. Went from 5 total of us to just me in months.

I have been honest with lead times, besides the guys that ordered before the website FAQ was corrected for lead times.

I send updates as the order moves through it's process.

Have sent many updates stateing that some orders are taking longer than quoted. Very few accept that.

Current problem is people not reading the FAQ on lead times and ordering. Then canceling their order a week or two after ordering.

RTweet likes this.
  4. Aug 23, 2021 at 7:23 AM
    Jacob06

Jacob06 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    You mean you can't just stop everything youre doing and make ME these 2 skids?????? I need them by thursday so I can crawl the mall on friday...

I'm just joking....

I wish you the best of luck.

I'm sure the prices will come back down and I'll be checking the website for the skids to come back.

Try not to let the public stress you out too bad. People always assume that the world revolves around them. Just because you took the time to have a FAQ doesnt mean they will take the time to read it or be smart enough think it applies to them.

There are a lot of idiots in the world. Sadly some of them drive 4x4's too

SOS CONCEPTS and CowboyTaco like this.
  5. Jan 25, 2022 at 8:16 PM
    jnprn2003

jnprn2003 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma Off-Road Premium 4x4
    I have had very good communications with this company. Time frame is long but as I have heard well worth the wait.

6. Aug 14, 2023 at 8:39 AM
    Stormpeacock

Stormpeacock IG: @storm.peacock

Member:
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    19 Cement Offroad
    vF Tuned SOS armor KBvoodoo rack MESO Custom Shift Knob
    I just acquired some SOS skids and started the install and was stupid about it. Your post is exactly what I needed!!!

for the 3rd piece I see you put carriage bolts to the frame… did you have to drill into the frame?
    My SOS sliders look different — they wrap around the bottom of the frame too — I’m wondering if they are covering up my mounting points…

Nevermind — I read your post better — I will likely do the same single bolt hole drilling

Last edited: Aug 14, 2023

Products Discussed in

To Top