1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SOS has gone downhill

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by GYOAZ, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Aug 12, 2021 at 2:40 PM
    GYOAZ

GYOAZ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma SR5 4X4 MGM access cab
    Billies and Eibachs, Camburg BJ UCAs, Demello hybrid sliders SOS HC rear bumper, SOS front bumper, Warn M80000, fully armored, Safari snorkel, No-slip locker, diff breather, bumper and roof mounted light bars, onboard Viair, 275/70 17 BFG ATs, and a badass sound system.
    Well, a few months ago I bought a set of full skids for my 2015 trail edition 4Runner. I have bought from this company many times between my Taco build and my current T4R build. I’ve always liked the products and felt like they had great customer service. Unfortunately this experience has not been the same. When purchasing the skids from their website I double checked for a KDSS option, there was none. There are a few options out there that work with and without KDSS, so being a loyal customer to SOS I figured they’d done their homework with the design. My assumption was that since there was no option for with or without KDSS these skids were universal to the 5th gen 4Runner. So I pulled the trigger, dropping nearly 1k on the plates and shipping.
    They arrived after the 6-8 week leadtime, right on schedule.
    I went ahead and prepped and painted them flat black with the intention of installing them that weekend. Once I pulled the stock skids and went to mount the SOS skids I found out that they are indeed not compatible with KDSS. As of this post that was about a month ago. I’ve since called and emailed SOS multiple times. I’ve reached out to them on this forum as well and still have had no response. I recently checked back on their website and guess what… 5th gen 4Runner skid plates are no longer offered. It seems to me like they’ve realized the design was problematic so they discontinued the product. It also seems to me like they’ve chosen not to respond to a pretty substantial customer issue despite multiple phone messages and emails. As I said earlier, I’ve been a big fan of this company and theirproducts. I’ve gotten great customer service (until now) from Eddy and the other folks there. So I am sad to say Iwill not be purchasing from them in thefuture.

2. Aug 12, 2021 at 2:54 PM
    AllTacosFloat

AllTacosFloat I need to be moderated

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Boston ish
    Vehicle:
    Has lockers and a skewp
    I feel your pain but did you confirm with them before purchase that it would fit? Did the description of the product received match what you purchased online?
    You assumed and figured they did their homework but you didnt do your homework and blame them :confused:
    Edit: no response in a month... @SOS CONCEPTS

3. Aug 12, 2021 at 3:54 PM
    OmahTako

OmahTako Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma-1ea. Tundra-1ea.
    The bullshit economics that's going on right now is ruining many a small businesses. Hate to see another one go down.

4. Aug 12, 2021 at 3:54 PM
    GYOAZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Billies and Eibachs, Camburg BJ UCAs, Demello hybrid sliders SOS HC rear bumper, SOS front bumper, Warn M80000, fully armored, Safari snorkel, No-slip locker, diff breather, bumper and roof mounted light bars, onboard Viair, 275/70 17 BFG ATs, and a badass sound system.
    I did not confirm with them. I realize neglecting to do so was a mistake and I’m sure I’ll have wasted some $$ because of that mistake by the time all’s said and done. If I’d heard back and was told that I was indeed mistaken or failed to do my due diligence in selecting the right product that would be on me and I’d try to sell them and recoup what I could. But the fact that I haven’t been able to get in touch with them has really increased my frustration with this whole experience.

5. Aug 12, 2021 at 6:48 PM
    GYOAZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    That’s true.

6. Aug 12, 2021 at 7:16 PM
    Bubbles

Bubbles Liquor and Whores

Member:
    Sunnyvale Trailer Park
    Lack of a KDSS option implies that it doesn’t work with KDSS. Common sense should apply here.

mlcc, ChamYota and uploadadventure like this.
  7. Aug 23, 2021 at 6:52 PM
    Gonzarski

Gonzarski New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Simon
    Vehicle:
    '19 Tacoma TRD
    I am currently dealing with a nightmare situation with them. no responses to any form of communication. The product arrived 5 weeks past the promise and it is barely similar to the pictures advertising it on their site. Wrong size hardware or holes, depending on how you want to look at it and parts off by 3/8" to the point you cant eve assemble the thing.
    It is a bed rack by the way.

GYOAZ[OP] likes this.
  8. Apr 2, 2022 at 10:00 AM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    members of the TW Staff have recently learned that SOS is no longer in business. the building has been sold and the business is gone.
    if you have an outstanding order with SOS please contact your credit card/bank ASAP and start the process of filing a dispute.
    we will keep you posted if we find out any more info.

kmorgan3 likes this.
To Top