1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sound deadeners shop in los angeles?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by superminsoo, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Dec 29, 2010 at 2:27 PM
    superminsoo

superminsoo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm thinkning about getting some sound deadeners installed in my car. I do a lot of highway driving and want to finally get my car a little quieter. Can i get this job done at a bodyshop or is it better to go to an audio shop? Know anyone in the la area? Preferably in koreatown or sfv area. How much will this set me back and which areas should i get deadened? Will it make a big difference? How many of you have done it already?

I tried searching and got a lot of different mixed reviews.

2. Dec 29, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    If you have a free weekend and feel confident enough to take your interior apart you could probably do it yourself. Their is a vendor who sells the material and if you are a Toyota owner he will give you a discount. Let me do some searching for the guy. It slips my mind right now. Someone chime in if you know who I am referring to.

3. Dec 29, 2010 at 2:55 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
  4. Dec 29, 2010 at 3:34 PM
    superminsoo

superminsoo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'd really like leave this work to a shop with experience tho

5. Dec 29, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Debadged, GC Mesh Grill, Yellow Fogs, Color Matched Headlights w/ Retros, Diff Breather Mod; mickey thompson classic IIs, 5100s, toytec springs, Dakar Leaf pack, ss brake lines, Lots more...just check the build page.
    I'd start w/ the roof, then doors, then rear wall, floor and if you're really ambitious, the firewall.
    Its very time consuming. I did my last truck and will do this one eventually, but trust me, do it yourself. Its very easy and we can point you in the right direction w/ product selection. Paying someone to basically apply stickers (deadening material either sticks on, or you use a spray adhesive) is really a waste. How much it costs you will depend on how thorough you want to be. You could easily drop 1k+ though.

6. Dec 29, 2010 at 6:55 PM
    stmpjmpr

stmpjmpr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    So Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Sport MGM 4X4
    which is recommened the rammat or ensolite?

7. Dec 29, 2010 at 7:20 PM
    boxxed

boxxed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    Off Road
    Leer Cap Kenwood DNX 9140 Boyo back up cam HD Raido Sirius Weather Tech Mats Memphis Audio, Valentine One radar,Tinted windows,Wet Okole's, Bed mat.

How easy is it to remove the roof? I had my doors done when my system was put in. I think DynaMat was used. Now it seems like the roof is the next nosiest place in my truck that needs to be done.

8. Dec 29, 2010 at 7:39 PM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Debadged, GC Mesh Grill, Yellow Fogs, Color Matched Headlights w/ Retros, Diff Breather Mod; mickey thompson classic IIs, 5100s, toytec springs, Dakar Leaf pack, ss brake lines, Lots more...just check the build page.
    I havent removed this roof liner yet, but I've done 2 other vehicles and its really not bad. I dont see why this one would be any different. Usually just a matter of removing the overhead light/console things and any oh-shit handles along w/ a/b/c pillars. Can sometimes be tricky to wiggle it in and out of the vehicle and may help to have a seat or two removed. All in all, my last truck, I took down the liner, deadened it and reinstalled in about 1.5 hours. Depending on what mfg you go w/, considering doing one layer of a structural vibration dampener and a layer of an mlvb/noise barrier.
    You'll barely hear rain drops, let alone wind noise through the roof :)

To Top