1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sound Deadoning -- In What Order?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Vandy, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Aug 3, 2011 at 11:52 AM
    Vandy

Vandy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC-LB, 4x4 SR5, Indigo Ink
    Redline Hood Struts, Blacked out Badges, Blacked out SR5 Wheels, BFG All-Terrains, aFe Pro Dry Air Filter, Wicked Flow Muffler
    When I finally purchase all of my components and install the system, I plan to install sound deadening materials. I am not sure how much I will end up doing, which is the basis of my question...

I'm curious how much of a "return on investment" you get from applying the materials to different parts of the truck (double-cab in my case).

For example, if you apply sound deadening material to the entire interior, you get 100%. If you do the front doors only, you knock out about 30% of the problem, etc...

Front Doors -- 30%
    Rear Doors -- 25%
    Roof -- 20%
    Back Wall -- 15%
    Floor -- 10%
    Total -- 100%

Guess I am curious how to prioritize. I am not an audiophile, but want good sound quality. I know the doors are a must and will start there.

Thanks for your advice.

2. Aug 3, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    lbridges

lbridges Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    I can't speak to percentages since I never did any measurements, but here's how I see it from sitting in the driver's seat:

Front Doors
    Rear Doors
    Back Wall (move up in front of rear doors if you're deleting the plastic and installing a box back there.)
    Floor
    Roof

3. Aug 3, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    Vandy

Vandy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC-LB, 4x4 SR5, Indigo Ink
    Redline Hood Struts, Blacked out Badges, Blacked out SR5 Wheels, BFG All-Terrains, aFe Pro Dry Air Filter, Wicked Flow Muffler
    Thanks Lee. I wasn't really looking for actual/estimated percentages. Basically looking for what you provided (get most from front doors, then back wall, then rear doors, etc...).

I will be removing the back plastic for a box/amp rack. Thanks for your help.

Products Discussed in

To Top