1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sound

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by nobackhair, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Dec 14, 2011 at 6:18 PM
    nobackhair

nobackhair [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    There is a Hell, Az
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner LB Tacoma (White)
    DR coil-overs Camburg uniball UCA AFE stage 2 SI CAI AFE Catback
    07 DD Taco: I was considering putting the JBL factory system in and found out it was next to impossible. I have the sub/amp that goes to that system and have decided to go aftermarket. I'm not big on full bass. More of a low freq. Anyway I'm looking in phoenix area for a place to buy head unit, speakers and possibly have installed. Heard outside of Fry's and Best Buy that a place called "Sounds Good to Me" was good but a little pricy.

2. Dec 15, 2011 at 1:16 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    I like Direct Car Audio in Chandler. The owner's name is Tang, he's been there for over 20 years now.. He does all my alarms.. I normally install my own deck and speakers, its not hard to do really.

Why won't the factory JBL system fit? I'm wanting to get rid of my factor JBL system here very soon.

3. Dec 15, 2011 at 1:22 PM
    beerye

beerye Steel Curtain!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4 5spd
    3" suspension lift 2009 Tacoma Alloys K&N Intake
    What all are you trying to have put in? Were you planning on doing a complete system? I just started my system and everything is super easy in the taco. I don't know if the 2nd gen is tougher than the 1st, but mine was cake. I did a head unit, speakers, amp and sub in about 2 hrs. I usually buy most of my stuff from crutchfield.com because they are usually one of the cheapest and always include all the stuff you need to install it yourself, including diagrams.
    I would be willing to install it for you pretty cheap, if you want to make the drive to Tucson :D

4. Dec 16, 2011 at 5:31 PM
    nobackhair

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    There is a Hell, Az
    Vehicle:
    It fit fine. That's not the prob. The wiring is all tied in with with terminal going to just about everything like lights and other controls. The complete setup isn't even make from the same contractors. They do everything but the head at OEM. Toyota said to go their JBL system throughout you would pretty much have to gut the whole interior. I'm going to sneak into the dept that does sound at dealership and talk to the hands on guys to see if I can use the Taco amp and sub. I can do my own install on aftermarket but I have an Avolon w/ the best system and I love it. I thought maybe I could install the JBL system in the Taco on the cheap. I've never even heard the JBL in a Taco. I paid 50 for the sub/amp and I can get a h. unit for the same. I wanted to use the JBL fronts over the stocks and I would have been happy w/ everything for 200. that's cheap. You would think you could just hard wire evrything.

5. Dec 16, 2011 at 5:38 PM
    nobackhair

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    There is a Hell, Az
    Vehicle:
    Hey thanks for the offer. I think I'll end up doing it the same route thru C.field. I would like to use the stock JBL sub/amp that I already bought. Toyota says they and JBL spent 2 yrs. developing that system. You would think it came out decent. Seems like a lot of owners dumped it for something either stronger or higher end. It sure sounds good in my 05 Avalon. They put 12 speakers in that w/ a 475watt amp.

Products Discussed in

To Top