1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Source for 09 SR5 seat fabric?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JKD, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Sep 20, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    JKD

JKD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm making a couple of back support cushions for my Tacoma, for my wife's comfort mainly. They'll end up being an inch thick or so by the shoulders, and taper down to the kidney level.

I'd like them to look decent, so I'd like to find an automotive fabric that will either match or at least be the same color and type as the stock fabric.

Any ideas?

2. Sep 21, 2009 at 8:50 PM
    elevin

elevin Habitual line-stepper

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    South Fla.
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    15% tint over factory all around, U-Haul hitch, Hopkins wiring harness, 2.25" ReadyLift spacer/ AAL kit, 265/70/17's on Gunmetal/Machined Enkeis, JVC head unit w/ Ipod interface, WalMart seat covers, hoseclamp mod, seatbelt beep mod, bedrail bike mounts, 6 D-rings in bed, Pop N Lock
    You could possibly make the cushion part first, and affix it to the seat via nylon webbing/ plastic buckle (like the kind on life preservers), then slap some nice, tailored style covers such as wet okoles or the like over them. You would retain factory look, add protection, and still be able to remove them (albeit it would take a little while). Just a suggestion.....good luck on the results!

To Top