1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

South Carolina: Permitless Carry/"Constitutional" Carry legislation proposed

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Packman73, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Feb 21, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Is it that hard to get a CWP down there?

2. Feb 21, 2011 at 11:01 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

its not hard....but they dont honor most states permits and you can only get a permit from SC if you live there or own real property....and for example i have a florida CCW i cant use it in SC because im not a resident of FL:(

3. Feb 21, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Here in Az? Not at all if you're a law-abiding citizen. I've got a permit myself but I think it's ridiculous that a free man or woman would need to ask permission from the gov't or anyone else to bear arms.

4. Feb 21, 2011 at 11:12 AM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    HIpoints are GREAT drop guns...:anonymous:

5. Feb 21, 2011 at 11:15 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

its not hard....but they dont honor most states permits and you can only get a permit from SC if you live there or own real property....and for example i have a florida CCW i cant use it in SC because im not a resident of FL:(

6. Feb 21, 2011 at 11:20 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    I meant, in S.C.

To your original post (that I quoted before)... What restrictions are there that prevent law abiding citizens from getting a CWP (in S.C.) - versus passing a permitless law? What's the point of a permitless law if you can just apply for a CWP?

7. Feb 21, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    Whatever the outcome is I would like to see more reciprocity among at LEAST adjoining states. I don't really agree with all people carrying without knowing how to use a gun properly or being competent enough to carry to begin with, and I am far right. I don't care for government red tape etc, but in this case I don't think the system is broke.... so let's not fix it. CWP's are easy enough to come by here, just takes a background check, class and range time.

8. Feb 21, 2011 at 11:30 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I don't know the specifics of SC carry law but I can speak to the advantages of having a permit over not having one. But first, as I said before, permitless carry is the right of a free individual in the eyes of the Founding Fathers and God (my opinion).

The benefits of having a CWP in AZ:

1. Ability to carry a concealed weapon within 1,000 feet of a school. It is almost impossible to travel through the Metropolitan Phoenix area without crossing a 1,000 foot boundary of a school. You will need a permit to conceal carry throughout the valley. (Federal Law)

2.A permit to carry a weapon in Arizona’s National Parks. If you want to carry concealed in National Parks located in Arizona (Grand Canyon) you need a permit. (Federal Law)

2.Reciprocity to conceal carry in twenty five other states. If you plan on travelling and carrying concealed a permit is a must. (Arizona Law)

3.One does not need a background check when purchasing a weapon, just show your permit with your identification. (Brady Bill)

4.You need a conceal carry permit to carry your weapon in a commercial establishment that serves alcohol. If the establishment is not posted you may carry a concealed weapon into the bar if you have a permit and you do not consume alcohol there. (Arizona Law)

5.When you take a concealed carry class you learn the laws of when you can use deadly force.

9. Feb 21, 2011 at 11:30 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

a permit=permission if you need to ask permission to do something you do not have a right....they are working to restore civil rights and individual freedom that has been eroded away do you really think Thomas Jefferson had a permit to carry his gun with him or George Washington...

10. Feb 21, 2011 at 11:33 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

it is broke because i can not ever get a permit there unless i move there or buy property there.....the only reason your state doesnt honor GA right now is because of the NRA and their lobbyist GA honors any state that honors us

so because you have your rights honored there im just supposed to be content being SOL?

11. Feb 21, 2011 at 11:41 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    I doubt you'd see lots of shootings all of the sudden. The people who are likely to start shooting people are already carrying guns. The ones who aren't carrying are law-abiding citizens who don't want to break the law by carrying w/o a permit.

12. Feb 21, 2011 at 11:47 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    If you're NOT a law abiding citizen, then you've LOST THAT RIGHT.

I don't have a problem with permits or asking permission.

13. Feb 21, 2011 at 11:51 AM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    You shouldn't get a permit here unless you live here... but your CWP from local states should be honored here, that is what I was saying.

14. Feb 21, 2011 at 1:10 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

how am i supposed to get exempt from the 1k federal gun free zone then?? you must have a permit from the state in which youre carrying to legally drive past a school....

15. Feb 21, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

Jefferson would....so do the framers of the South Carolina state constitution apparently....

We are a republic and the only point of government is to protect your civil rights and mine...my rights are not subject the majority rule because we are a republic where the mob is restrained by the rule of law. the word Republic is derived from Res publica a Latin phrase, loosely meaning "public issue" or "public matter" which is "the law"

if they were subject to have our liberties being voted away we would be a democracy(mob rule) the word democracy comes from Greek δημοκρατία – (dēmokratía) "rule of the people", which was coined from δῆμος (dêmos) "people" and κράτος (Kratos) "power"

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/scconstitution/scconst.htm
    South Carolina established a state constitution to protect civil liberties
    one of those liberties enumerated is that of a right to arms

the constitution in SC also says i can not be denied privileges nor immunities nor equal protection

16. Feb 21, 2011 at 5:28 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Are you familiar with this forum? http://forum.pafoa.org/
    I think you'd fit right in over there.
    :D