1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Space Force. All I wanna know is who's coming with me mannnnn?

Discussion in 'Military' started by Comatose, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Aug 6, 2019 at 8:20 PM
    Beretta4x4

Beretta4x4 What makes the green grass grow? TTC#0114

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Temple, TX
    Vehicle:
    6-speed death mobile
    I already said LT is the physics dude. Crazy Greek stuff make things go boom

2. Aug 6, 2019 at 8:23 PM
    shane100700

shane100700 Bed, Bath & Beyond Crawler

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    P for plenty only applies when it’s not urban breaching. If you can’t trust the LT with N an S, why trust him with math?

Officers were not allowed in our breacher courses. :rofl:

Comatose[OP] likes this.
  3. Aug 6, 2019 at 8:36 PM
    Beretta4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Temple, TX
    Vehicle:
    6-speed death mobile
    P=O and O=S so P=O=S I'm lost. Are you trying to add? I can do that.

4. Aug 6, 2019 at 8:41 PM
    dfanonymous

dfanonymous Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Voodoo Blue Tacoma TRD Pro.
    -Shmellfab rocksliders.... -BD ditch lights -Cali raised ditch light brackets -Sway bar discos -Auxbeam aux 6 gang -Uptop Bravo -Rci trans skid -Rci cat guards -Trd pro eibach lift springs -Hypertech speedo calibrator Etc.
    Is that at the at your det, before the minimal safe distance or to the minimal safe distance?

Comatose[OP] and Beretta4x4 like this.
  5. Aug 6, 2019 at 8:52 PM
    shane100700

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    With urban breaching you technically only manually calculate SDZs, HOWEVER engineer school house was in the process of updating when I retired. They finally realized things like reflective pressure should be taken into account. Without a breachers blanket I would go with the minimal. Also range control rules all things in the realm of SDZs so find their smart demo guy and pick his brain.

Comatose[OP] likes this.
  6. Aug 6, 2019 at 9:11 PM
    Beretta4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Temple, TX
    Vehicle:
    6-speed death mobile
    When you look at combined weapon systems and include SDZs, in theatre, everything is f***ed

7. Aug 6, 2019 at 9:14 PM
    shane100700

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    They always have been. Unless they fixed them in the last 5 years, the specific weapons manuals and range control ARs didn’t even match.

Unless it’s indirect, a cache or IED being blown, in theater it’s more of a meh... that’ll work.

Comatose[OP] likes this.
  8. Aug 6, 2019 at 9:23 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    I gather SDZ means Safe Distance from Zulu or point of detonation?

Comatose[OP] and shane100700 like this.
  9. Aug 6, 2019 at 9:23 PM
    shane100700

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    Safety danger zone. But pretty much correct.

Comatose[OP] and Beretta4x4 like this.
  10. Aug 6, 2019 at 9:30 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    We do physics force vector calculations on rope rescue systems in our head; basically understand in detail all the factors in play, add the what if scenario, calculate the outcome, then make a is it safe? Or do I need to adapt this? Get the idea that time and other factors trying to kill you come into play, and decisions have to be made on the fly. No decision is not acceptable. At least I can say Stop.

Comatose[OP] likes this.
  11. Aug 6, 2019 at 9:32 PM
    dfanonymous

dfanonymous Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Voodoo Blue Tacoma TRD Pro.
    -Shmellfab rocksliders.... -BD ditch lights -Cali raised ditch light brackets -Sway bar discos -Auxbeam aux 6 gang -Uptop Bravo -Rci trans skid -Rci cat guards -Trd pro eibach lift springs -Hypertech speedo calibrator Etc.
    I went to methods of entry, which we use to call breachers. I was just curious if there was any differences. As I know it..
    after calculating the NEW you can do your standoff to get your MSD...which in turn is where the over pressure should end. That’s all i got, haha.

That’s not negating the breachers job to determine missiling and frag so obviously placement and charge type as well as good pre-mission prep help, since a dynamic entry usually needs to be fast but safe.

Comatose[OP] likes this.
  12. Aug 6, 2019 at 9:36 PM
    LittleBlueHilux69

LittleBlueHilux69 Breaking Stuff est. '18

Member:
    Rapid City, SD
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR "Rocky"
    lets go kick some alien ass

13. Aug 6, 2019 at 9:39 PM
    shane100700

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    When dealing with military explosives, mortars, artillery and CAS. The SDZ is basically what it is. You have danger close and that’s about as close as you plan to get. Explosives are a deliberate plan, meaning you either have a door charged already prepped and know SDZ or its only done when you have the ability and time to calculate. Most our preprepped stuff is pretty routine. Det cord for door charges. Block of c4 for clearing mines. Lots more go into it and lots of other options but that’s about as basic it gets. Something like a cashe is a deliberate act. Road craters, basically deliberate because a basic recon is done for even a hasty application. Mine fields are essentially a foot path unless you are using a mechanical proofing asset. You can do it on foot but it’s kinda dated doctrine. Long winded answer but it’s not that cut and dry. Also didn’t take into account any potential environmental or structural impacts on your SDZ.

VE7OSR[QUOTED] and Beretta4x4 like this.
  14. Aug 6, 2019 at 9:43 PM
    shane100700

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    General consensus WAS that there is a 45° fan of relative safety that the stack is in. Ex- blast SDZ is 6’ but missile hazard is 20’. The stack and stack only is good at the 6’ mark, with roughly a foot off the wall. Pressure follows along the wall but then leaves a pocket where the stack is positioned. I believe that has all but gone away at this point. Again, we did it but there were changes coming down the pipes when I retired.

15. Aug 6, 2019 at 10:11 PM
    Beretta4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Temple, TX
    Vehicle:
    6-speed death mobile
    SDZs are for weaklings. You can't take a backblast or discarded sabot or a random illumination casing that's your problem. Everything else is mission success. :anonymous:

16. Aug 6, 2019 at 10:15 PM
    shane100700

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    Had my gunner take an EFP to the face. In reality, a shard of it struck his Oakley’s, and another took off his NVGs. No idea how it lost enough velocity to stop at the eye pro, NVGs were just pure luck. Few more inches and...

We also had an IN 2LT take an RPG round to the gut. Didn’t detonate and no one ever questioned how badass he or that story was. Pretty funny to do missions with him when new guys whined about stuff.

Beretta4x4[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Aug 7, 2019 at 9:11 AM
    Comatose

Comatose [OP] You snuff it, we stuff it.

Member:
    First Name:
    Miguel
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OR Indy Ink
    Missing Critical Hardware Edition
    I'm glad to see life in this thread. We're gonna need EO specialties to blast into alien hulls.

Justanotherhemi and Beretta4x4 like this.
  18. Aug 7, 2019 at 11:31 AM
    shane100700

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    Plasma cutters, it will have to be mechanical breaches in space. Lack of gravity is far too unpredictable at this time for dynamic entry. Not to mention unknown quantities and location of nitrogen and oxygen gases.

19. Aug 8, 2019 at 10:00 AM
    Justanotherhemi

Justanotherhemi Space Cowboy/Ninja

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick James
    Area 52 (because area 51 was full)
    Vehicle:
    Intelligent Life Exists
    I am with this guy!

20. Oct 20, 2019 at 1:22 PM
    GrilledCheese

GrilledCheese Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Pro AG M/T
    Actual "Space Force" member here (1C6X1 Space Systems Operator).
    If anybody wants some real insight into this let me know. I've been doing this for a good chunk now.
    Space Force is real and it's coming faster than you think!

Gunshot-6A, .劉煒, wilcam47 and 3 others like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top