1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

spacer question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Eman5pt0, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Mar 9, 2012 at 5:36 PM
    Eman5pt0

Eman5pt0 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E
    NY
    ok so i finally got my lift installed, im going to pick it up tomorrow.
    in the box of all the parts a set of spacers were in there that i took to UPS to get a shipping prince on them earlier in the week. Even though i didnt say anything about installing spacers they put them in. they said they called toytech and spoke with there tech and they told them to install them.
    my question is should i keep them in or have them take them out ? will it effect the ride at all? and will the nose be up to high ?

this is the combo, billies front and rear, rear AAL OME 885Xs and LR control arms. these are the spacers http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.ph...tegory_id=115&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

2. Mar 9, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    htuong95

htuong95 Have a nice day

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma 4x4
    Full OME suspension, Level 8 Tracker 16" wheels, BFG T/A KO 285/75/16, etc., work in progress...
    I too would like to know the answer to this question. I recently bought the OME kit with 881 coils. I have not installed the 1/4" spacers. Without the spacers, I got about 2" lift in the front. I am debating if installing the spacers will change the quality of the ride. The guy at Toytec said it will not.

3. Mar 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    Sje1124

Sje1124 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Oklahoma / Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 DBL Cab TRD OR 4x4 W/ JBL
    Just a few
    I have the spacers on mine along with the full OME kit and love it.

4. Mar 9, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    LAoffroadin

LAoffroadin BURY ME WITH MY TACO!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    king 2.5 (700lbs) springs with resi's,total chaos ucas, dakar leaf pack with OME nitro shocks, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (mossy oak break up), weather tech mats, warn m8000s winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper.
    are yall talking about the front leveling kits spacers? if so i have def. noticed a difference in how it rides. one thing to make sure is that you get your sway bar drop too. turn your wheel all the way to the lfet/right and look how close the bar is to the coil. without the spacer itll be literally touching it (no bueno) ...

5. Mar 10, 2012 at 9:04 AM
    Eman5pt0

Eman5pt0 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E
    NY
    never mind got it back today looks and rides great. deffinatly going to need some sliders rims and tires ! ill post some pics later

To Top