1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spare CV Shaft.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by toku58, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Mar 10, 2009 at 11:16 PM
    toku58

toku58 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    HAWAII
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Beast!
    6" Fabtech Stage II, 17x9" Centerline Eclipse rims, with 12.5x35x17" BFG KM2's. On board air system,Toyota skid plate, spidertrax wheel spacers, TRD CAI w/AFE ProDry filter (21-90045),Flowmaster Dual exhaust, GrillCraft grill w/custom emblem, Custom Shifter, BushWacker fender flares, Hood struts, Underhood lights, TW driveshaft, Wet Okole seat covers, Dashlight mod, Many other little things to make the truck complete!
  2. Apr 16, 2009 at 2:16 PM
    SnoBoarder

SnoBoarder Hardcore wheeler, try and keep up.... if you can.

Member:
    Lost
    Vehicle:
    85 4Runner - Built not Bought
    Good find. Thanks! :thumbsup:

3. Apr 16, 2009 at 4:39 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Is it the same for all 05+? The ad says 05 & 06.

4. Apr 16, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    SnoBoarder

SnoBoarder Hardcore wheeler, try and keep up.... if you can.

Member:
    Lost
    Vehicle:
    85 4Runner - Built not Bought
    I just checked my online parts sites and all the CV axle components are referenced as 05-07. I did see EMPI mentioned somewhere and I had to dig up a thread from TTora where they talked about this product.

AllPro checked them out and said they'd work as a stock replacement on a stock truck, which I can only presume means no LT and no Extended travel. They said they wanted more angle from them before they'd sell them. I think they'd work on a 3" lift because the range of motion isn't changed from stock, only the ride height is changed.

I don't think I wheel hard enough yet to justify carrying a spare, but the thought has been in the back of mind because I did just blow out a seal and shaft on my drivers side Icon, had to swap in my spare, but it didn't prevent me from getting home. The OEM CV's can be had for what, $389 I think, retail is over $500??? A $101 spare is a really good deal, assuming I (or a friend) can actually swap this on the trail. :D

UPDATE: Vendor says it won't fit an 07. Did the spline count change?

To Top