1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SPARK PLUGS

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by MARSHBUSTER, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Oct 25, 2011 at 9:50 PM
    MARSHBUSTER

MARSHBUSTER [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Alamogordo NM
    Vehicle:
    2005 SR5 4X4 Tacoma TRD
    Grill Gaurd/ Winch Bumper, Mile Marker 9000 LBS Winch, Custom Head Ache Rack, Custom Rear Bumper, Marathon Camo Max 4 Seat Covers
    What brand of Spark Plugs are you running in your 4.0 V6? What mileage did you change your stock plugs at?

2. Oct 25, 2011 at 9:54 PM
    Slodgetto

Slodgetto Über Posre

Member:
    First Name:
    Silas
  3. Oct 25, 2011 at 9:57 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Denso iridium long life cuz I don't wanna change plugs again til 100kmi, switched em' at 30k mi. So far so good, but if they piss me off and make my engine run like shit, I'll switch back to oem denso's.

4. Nov 3, 2011 at 4:42 PM
    MARSHBUSTER

MARSHBUSTER [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Alamogordo NM
    Vehicle:
    2005 SR5 4X4 Tacoma TRD
    Grill Gaurd/ Winch Bumper, Mile Marker 9000 LBS Winch, Custom Head Ache Rack, Custom Rear Bumper, Marathon Camo Max 4 Seat Covers
    Thanks for the input, I changed them today and they sure needed it. Previous owner had used NGK and I went back to the OEM DENSO stock plugs. Now I am hoping to see my mileage increase from 16 MPG to more.

5. Nov 4, 2011 at 7:34 AM
    iroh

iroh Well-Known Member

Member:
    michigander
    Vehicle:
    07 AC SR5 2.7 5MT 4x4
    tonneau
    Technically NGK is OEM... on the driver's side!

6. Nov 4, 2011 at 7:37 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I doubt the spark plugs are causing your mileage to be that bad. Ease up on the skinny pedal a bit and you'll see much more of an improvement.

7. Nov 4, 2011 at 10:24 AM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)

That is when you Buy the truck. But when you replace them, they give you all OEM Denso plugs!;)

Products Discussed in

To Top