1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Speaker buzz when moving mirrors

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nxtruck, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Feb 4, 2010 at 4:47 AM
    nxtruck

nxtruck [OP] Member

Member:
    Hey All,
    Just picked up my 2010 access cab 4x4 TRD sport last night (black, the fastest color =).

Only put 100 miles on it so far, but I love the truck and got what I think is a pretty good deal. Ended up paying 26694 out the door with hood protector, bed extender, and 7 year 100k 0 deductible warranty (Got the warranty after seeing the problems everyone else on here was experiencing).

Anyway, last night on the way home I was adjusting the side mirrors and noticed that there was a buzz in the speakers whenever I moved the side mirror positioning switch in any direction.

I have a new HU ready to install, but am wondering if I should try and replace the radio to get rid of the buzz, or take it into the dealer to try and get rid of the buzz before I replace the radio. With all this recall stuff going on I have no idea how busy service is or if they would be able to see me quickly.

Im leaning towards replacing the radio, but wanted to know if anyone else has had similar problems and what they did to fix it/where they found the problem to be.

To Top