1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Speaker Help?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Leggo, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Jan 18, 2011 at 8:37 PM
    Leggo

Leggo [OP] slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    I am going to replace the stereo in my access cab. I have the Panasonic six disc with the factory sub.I am thinking Pioneer HU(7" double din). What should I do to get really good sound from the speakers? What should I replace them with? Is the sub any good or should I trash that too?Do I need an amp? I am thinking of dropping around 1200-1500 dollars. Please, any ideas?

2. Jan 18, 2011 at 8:40 PM
    travis9287

travis9287 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Tuscaloosa,AL
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma, 2006 GX470, 2000 Jeep TJ, 1985 C10
    a lot lol
    Are you wanting to replace the door speakers? or Just drop it all in the headunit? trust me, money spends fast when you start on car audio.

3. Jan 18, 2011 at 9:01 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    I am replacing the HU and wonder if it's worth it to do speakers as well. If someone says yes with good reason then hell yes, speakers too. the HU i am looking at runs about 900$

4. Jan 18, 2011 at 9:43 PM
    travis9287

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Tuscaloosa,AL
    Vehicle:
    a lot lol
    Well in that case, that leaves a few hudred for door speakers. i would spend the big money on the front and find something within the same brand for the rear. i like "alpine". They arent ridiculously priced and you can get a full set for a few hundred $.

5. Jan 18, 2011 at 9:45 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    thanx, No amp needed? 6.5" three ways?

6. Jan 18, 2011 at 9:51 PM
    travis9287

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Tuscaloosa,AL
    Vehicle:
    a lot lol
    Well obviously an amp would improve the quality. Its all personal prefrence. I added subs to my system and was happy with the HU powering my door speakers. although alot of people do add an amp. Someone can back me up on this one but i think its "6x9's in the front and 6 1/2's in the rear"???

Products Discussed in

To Top