1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spider owners tips, feed videos and BS

Discussion in 'Pets' started by rtzx9r, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Oct 1, 2018 at 3:02 PM
    replica9000

replica9000 Das ist no bueno

Member:
    Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP
    Is that what it is? It was inches away from a doorbell I almost rang.

2. Oct 1, 2018 at 3:07 PM
    Maggot61

Maggot61 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Sky Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Prerunner 4.0L
    "If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die historic on the fury road!"
  3. Oct 1, 2018 at 4:49 PM
    WileECoyote

WileECoyote Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    Yaesu FT-1900R w/ 2m/70cm Comet SBB-224 antenna, Cobra 19 DX IV w/ 4ft Francis CB24 Hot Rod antenna, Uniden Bearcat BC355N 800Mhz mobile scanner (analog), an external BNC mount routed to inside the cab for a handheld fire/police scanner or HAM HT's, Rancho RS5000 front struts and rear shocks, 6in KC Daylighter (pencil beam), 15x7 Black Rock Wheels Series 942, 31x10.50R15 Firestone Destination AT, fog lights, COBRA antenna hood mount (this is used to mount the GoPro on to)
  4. Oct 6, 2018 at 3:16 PM
    Ensemble88

Ensemble88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Augusta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black OR DCLB
    Big ones are King suspension, SSO bumper w/winch, Pelfreybuilt sliders.
    This widow had her babies crawling all over the beers in the storage compartment by our beer stand (volunteered for a pixies/Weezer concert). Felt like playing Russian roulette every time we had to get another case. Hell I didn't even know that got that big.

Just for reference... Those are 40oz cans. o_O

IMG_20180811_225302.jpg

5. Oct 6, 2018 at 3:26 PM
    WileECoyote

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    Yaesu FT-1900R w/ 2m/70cm Comet SBB-224 antenna, Cobra 19 DX IV w/ 4ft Francis CB24 Hot Rod antenna, Uniden Bearcat BC355N 800Mhz mobile scanner (analog), an external BNC mount routed to inside the cab for a handheld fire/police scanner or HAM HT's, Rancho RS5000 front struts and rear shocks, 6in KC Daylighter (pencil beam), 15x7 Black Rock Wheels Series 942, 31x10.50R15 Firestone Destination AT, fog lights, COBRA antenna hood mount (this is used to mount the GoPro on to)
    Black Widows get pretty damn big and FAT!!! Plus, you can typically tell when it is a Black Widow web when the web, literally, has a "tearing sound"!!! Almost a dead giveaway (no pun intended) that it's a widow web!!! :thumbsup:

Btw, were you just dying to give people their beers??? :laughing::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl::D:p

Just kidd'n brotha!!! I F'N HATE spiders!!! :goingcrazy:

6. Oct 6, 2018 at 3:37 PM
    WileECoyote

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    HAHAHAHA, this is a really cool read. I like the part about "training it". But honestly, when I was a kid (around 9-10yrs old) there used to be a jumping spider that I would feed flies to that just hung around the big window that was in our house. It almost seemed as if it knew that I was getting ready to feed it as well? :notsure: Something I always remembered and if that is true, then the article is believable, in my humble opinion. :thumbsup:
    https://www.quora.com/How-harmful-can-a-tiny-jumping-spider-be

Crow_of_judgement likes this.
  7. Oct 6, 2018 at 11:26 PM
    Ensemble88

Member:
    Augusta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black OR DCLB
    Wow that's cool, I didn't know that about their webs. And yes, I had a deathwish that night lol! :fingerscrossed:

WileECoyote[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Oct 7, 2018 at 12:34 AM
    WileECoyote

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    Yeah, when I was a kid, my brother caught a lizard, I know them as "California Alligator Lizards". :notsure: Anyways, we lived by the railroad tracks in Oceanside, near Camp Pendleton, and we would catch crickets (NOTE: these MrFr's were, more or less, black in color and F'N BIG) by/on/near the railroad tracks, spiders (around the house), flies, etc so that we had food for the lizard because our family was basically poor, if you will. Anyways, catching spiders was almost a nightly activity for us as well as the crickets. Let me tell you, those F'N crickets BIT!!! :goingcrazy::bananadead::laughing::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Finally, back around 2006, I just came into work and noticed a web near the floor area where we clocked in up front in the office. I told the bosses wife that it looked like a Black Widow web. She was skeptical about it and I told her, "look and listen to the sound it makes..." (i.e. I explained to her what she would hear and what would come out if it was occupied). I took a pencil or something and "tore" at the webbing and a Black Widow popped out. She was surprised by all of that. HAHAHAHAHA :rofl::rofl::rofl:

But yeah, we would feed the lizard Black Widows as well... on occasion, but we typically didn't like doing that.

Would I go "spider hunting" again? "F"oxtrot "U"niform, copy!!! :laughing::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Btw, these were the most common, by far, type of spiders we would catch. "Common House Spider" is what I know them as? :notsure:
    CommonHouseSpider_California.jpg

This is a picture of a cricket that looks very similar to what we used to catch on near the railroad tracks? HAHAHAHAHA, we would just follow the sound and hunt them down. :thumbsup:
    BlackCricket_California.jpg

Anyways, I, most definitely, would NOT do that again!!! Surprised my brother and I lived during our childhood years because of the stupid shi* we did???!!! :laughing::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. Oct 7, 2018 at 11:15 AM
    Ensemble88

Member:
    Augusta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black OR DCLB
    Haha I also wonder how I made it to adulthood with some of the dumb stuff I did growing up. Another spider story for ya. I used to be stationed in Hawaii. The last 6 months of my tour I ran the PT (physical training) office. The office and the gym were in a big tent outside. Needless to say we got some kreepy krawlies that would sneak in from time to time. We had a resident cane spider that one day decided to hang out INSIDE the tray of my metal file organizer. I reach in and he scurried up my arm. I've never had a grand maul seizure...but I imagine it must be something like how I reacted. I flung the whole organizer like 10ft as I flipped the f out and was flailing arms and legs all over the place like a fish out of water yelling Fuckfuckshitfuckingshitfuck! I supervised PT outside for the rest of that day... In case you've never seen a cane spider, this is what they look like. Still more scared of centipedes though. Those guys REALLY give me the heebee geebees...

Edit: oh and we didn't see him for 3 days. Next tome we saw him he was getting swole on one of the arm machines lol.

Real-cane-spider.jpg

10. Oct 7, 2018 at 11:16 AM
    WileECoyote

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    @Ensemble88 btw, these are stock photos, but the type/category lizard that we had as "pets". I can tell you that these guys make AWESOME pets to have and can get pretty big as you can see relative to the hand in the one picture. How they eat is pretty interesting when they're "hunting" their pray and getting ready to pounce. They move their head from side-to-side in a fairly rapid motion, assuming they're "zeroing in" and/or "centering" their target just before they pounce on it... and STRIKE!!! :eek::thumbsup: Totally miss that lizard and this was back in the 80's.
    AlligatorLizard_pic1.jpg

AlligatorLizard_pic2.jpg

I can assure you that they're pretty intelligent and can be domesticated. Ours used to coil up and sleep next to my brother's pillow!!! :thumbsup:

EDIT:
    we named him "Charlie"

Crow_of_judgement and Ensemble88 like this.
  11. Oct 7, 2018 at 11:23 AM
    Ensemble88

Member:
    Augusta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black OR DCLB
    That's awesome. Wish I had one of those guys to attack the big flying roaches in Hawaii...called em B52's because they'd dive bomb your head. Nothing like feeling one of them on you and waking you up when you're sleeping and then NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND IT THE REST OF THE NIGHT. Gahh...

12. Oct 7, 2018 at 11:26 AM
    WileECoyote

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    DUDE, just seeing someone hold a spider, no matter how small or large, just gives me the "heebee geebees".

LMFAO, "swole"... like he's saying, "yeah mother fucker, I'm yoked out"!!! HAHAHAHA :muscleflexing::laughing::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ensemble88[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Oct 7, 2018 at 11:37 AM
    Benson X

Benson X My build thread sucks...

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    If you don't draw blood, you're doing it wrong!
    Here are some pics of some uninvited guests in our old house (circa 2005):
    Sony s710a Pic's 198.jpg
    Sony s710a Pic's 199.jpg
    Sony s710a Pic's 204.jpg

When we lived in that house, I must've rolled onto a big Hobo in my sleep or something; I woke up with (5) holes on my ribcage, each the size of 3/0 split-shot BBs. They were oozing green pus, and quickly becoming necrotic. Luckily, I healed fine with no issues, other than some little scars to keep me humble. You can still see the puncture marks from the fangs!
    [​IMG]

Ensemble88 and WileECoyote like this.
  14. Oct 7, 2018 at 11:44 AM
    WileECoyote

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    I was sitting on the doodoo can one day in my apt that I used to live at, just minding my own business. I mean, WTF else am I going to do, right? :confused::rolleyes: LOL!!! :D:p Well, I feel this "tingling" on the very top center of my head and quickly realize it has more than two-four legs... counting them as I feel them???!!! :eek::goingcrazy::help: LMFAO!!! :laughing::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl: I go to SWIPE whatever God had landed on my head and he happens to fall in the bathroom sink, sortof stunned and getting ready to scramble. I'm scrambling around with undies still down, no taking the time to cleanly wipe myself, and looking for a F'N weapon I could use!!! :infantry: I quickly turned ON the HOT water and splashing water towards his direction so to keep him within the sink and the HOT water finally started coming out and eventually killed it. Btw, I hate the feeling of smashing/smooshing things!!! Uhhhhhhhh, that feeling!!! :goingcrazy::puke: Anyways, it ended up being one of these guys and full grown... LMAO!!! :laughing::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    DaddyLongLegs_California_pic1.jpg

EDIT:
    it apparently came down from the ceiling and have seen this done more than once with these types of spiders... since then.

Benson X and Ensemble88[QUOTED] like this.
  15. Oct 7, 2018 at 11:50 AM
    Ensemble88

Member:
    Augusta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black OR DCLB
    Oh shite, that is NOT cool! I've heard about camel spiders eating at people's feet like that. They use a numbing agent apparently so you don't feel it and you wake up with flesh missing because they've been chowing down on you all night in the bottom of your sleeping bag. The stuff of nightmares...blegh. if Chris4x4 ever finds this thread he's gonna have a heart attack lol.

WileECoyote likes this.
  16. Oct 7, 2018 at 11:57 AM
    WileECoyote

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    I "like" how close you have one of your fingers to it!!! :eek::goingcrazy: W...T...F... brotha???!!! :confused:o_O:smack::argue::bowdown::D:p:laughing::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

17. Oct 11, 2018 at 10:07 AM
    Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    That's a common "Cellar Spider" or sometimes called Attic Spider. They are harmless and probably the most-timid of all spiders. I have a ton of those in the shop.

Yeah - I've read about that happening. They (camel spiders) do the same thing to livestock over there; they'll attach themselves to the bellies of camels (or other large animals) and just feed on them for days unbeknownst to the animal. They can't feel anything! I'm really glad we don't have that species in my region.
    :yay:
    Gotta give a sense of scale somehow! :D

I'm pretty sure that last pic (with my finger so close) is the "pet" spider that lived under our porch. He had a nice web formed in a hole between the boards. I used to drop meat and other food in his web and watch him shoot out from the darkness to grab it and creep back into hiding to feed. He was cool - I like my spider bros....as long as they don't bite the shit out of me again! :D

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  18. Oct 11, 2018 at 11:39 AM
    WileECoyote

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen 4WD 2.7L RegCab
    Man I HATE spiders!!! :eek::goingcrazy:

I just moved recently to a new apt and last week I go to grab some socks out of a bag and a spider literally jumped out as I pulled out the socks!!! I'm moving like they did in the movie "The Matrix" avoiding bullets!!! :eek::goingcrazy::duel: HAHAHA :laughing::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    https://youtu.be/xZ0OUq_kDh8

The spider, I believe was this kind, which is normally found here in Southern California: (Yellow Sac Spider)
    Cheiracanthium ilicis.jpg

cosmicfires and Benson X[QUOTED] like this.
  19. Oct 11, 2018 at 11:53 AM
    Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    Crikey - that is a nasty lookin' bugga! A little more intimidating than the Cellar Spider, hahaha :)

I'd love to see one of these guys in real life (Peacock Spider). Not creepy, just cool as hell. Especially if you add LIGHTSABERS!!!
    [​IMG]

20. Nov 12, 2018 at 7:14 AM
    irayfz6

irayfz6 TTC #0249

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    McAlester, OK
    Vehicle:
    2014 Black SR5 4x4 Access Cab
    This beauty built a web on the outside of my kitchen window.

75BD626B-8D8C-473A-9824-6FE718FCFB1A.jpg

Sharpish, wilcam47 and WileECoyote like this.
To Top