1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spidertrax wheel spacers.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by loki32687, Jun 30, 2009.

1. loki32687

loki32687 [OP] Matt

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Peabody, Ma
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Pro Black
    Does anyone here know if they will fit over manual hubs? I e-mailed them and didn't get a clear response...Any help would be great.

Thanks

2. STLharry

STLharry Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    01 5VZ-FE TRD 5spd
    '95-'97 style Grille/Hood/Taillights/Tailgate decals, ARB bull bar, Rock sliders, Custom rear tube bumper, King Coilovers with Icon neoprene spring condoms, OME Rear Suspension: CS046R leafs with N85 shocks, NWOR greasable shackles/spring pins and OME hardware; IPF H4 lenses and bulbs, IPF 968 DCG 100W fog lights, CB radio, Aussie-spec FJ60 inclinometer, ARB CKMA12 compressor; ARB-mounted 4' Hi-Lift, Deckplate mod, Grey Wire mod, Dif Breather Extension, Dif Drop Kit, Sway bar removed, Duratrac tires, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Boat cupholder
    uhh i have no idea which ones those are but i have spacers and they work fine over the aisan hubs on my 96.

3. loki32687

loki32687 [OP] Matt

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Peabody, Ma
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Pro Black
    [​IMG]

Manual hubs....Meaning you need to get out and lock them before putting it in 4wd

4. STLharry

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    01 5VZ-FE TRD 5spd
    '95-'97 style Grille/Hood/Taillights/Tailgate decals, ARB bull bar, Rock sliders, Custom rear tube bumper, King Coilovers with Icon neoprene spring condoms, OME Rear Suspension: CS046R leafs with N85 shocks, NWOR greasable shackles/spring pins and OME hardware; IPF H4 lenses and bulbs, IPF 968 DCG 100W fog lights, CB radio, Aussie-spec FJ60 inclinometer, ARB CKMA12 compressor; ARB-mounted 4' Hi-Lift, Deckplate mod, Grey Wire mod, Dif Breather Extension, Dif Drop Kit, Sway bar removed, Duratrac tires, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Boat cupholder
    yes i have those. OEM for toyota is aisan.
    They make badass hubs.
    indestructable.

anyways i have 1 inch spacers with my 32x12.5 tires and they work great so i would guess they fit yours...

5. loki32687

loki32687 [OP] Matt

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Peabody, Ma
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Pro Black
    Alright I just wanted to make sure they would fit over it before I dropped the money for them...Can I see pics of yours? How do you like them?

6. rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB
    Grillcraft mx black upper and lower BHLM with Gloss black 265 70 17 bfg a/t center console light mini mag mounted in center console debadged bed lights 35W 5000k HID's
    please don't buy them!
    I have 1.5'' spacers on and I hate it, if i ever have a vibration i cant just check the lugs, you have to take off the wheel, check the spacer and put it back on. it's a pain and I cant wait to get new wheels so i can get rid of mine.

I know some other people who have said the same thing.

7. loki32687

loki32687 [OP] Matt

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Peabody, Ma
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Pro Black
    I've read good things about the spidertrax spacers....Anyone else have any input?

8. rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB
    Grillcraft mx black upper and lower BHLM with Gloss black 265 70 17 bfg a/t center console light mini mag mounted in center console debadged bed lights 35W 5000k HID's
    I dont mean spidertrax, I just mean spacers in general... it's a pain to have them..

9. STLharry

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    01 5VZ-FE TRD 5spd
    hm... I have 1 inch ones and theyre fine. minimal wobble, etc. I think i have to have them to fit the tires that i have, but im not completely sure. I bought the truck with them on under some mudders, sold the mudders but kept the spacers.

havent had a problem with them. [​IMG]

thats what my taco looks like with them. you might also need to buy flares with them. Vermont has a law that says the tire cant stick out more than 2 inches past the fender so i need the flares.

10. rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB
    i never said there were problems with using spacers, it's the exact same as having a wheel with more backspacing, BUT they are a pain because if you ever need to take a wheel and spacer off it's twice as much work.

11. STLharry

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    01 5VZ-FE TRD 5spd
    agreed. 12 lug nuts not 6.

12. rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB
    thank you!

13. TengoTaco

TengoTaco Wish i was wheelin

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2001 TRD stock
    None
    Just put mine on havent noticed any difference. If you do decide to go with with spacer get spidertrax. There is a reason most places are backordered.

14. loki32687

loki32687 [OP] Matt

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Peabody, Ma
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Pro Black
    Yeah my main concern was it fitting over the hubs

15. gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    Yeah i'm running them also but you should only go spidertrax. I wouldnt trust anyone else. thats a pretty serious part which would require a distributor who is serious about his product.

16. loki32687

loki32687 [OP] Matt

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Peabody, Ma
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Pro Black
    I was planning spidertrax or nothing...

17. TengoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2001 TRD stock
    None
    FYI you may want to take a look at your rear shoes before you install the spacers.

18. loki32687

loki32687 [OP] Matt

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Peabody, Ma
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Pro Black
    Why's that?

19. TengoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2001 TRD stock
    None
    In case they are getting worn out. Its something i wish i did before i put my spacers on. If they were worn i would have replaced the shoes.

20. loki32687

loki32687 [OP] Matt

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Peabody, Ma
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Pro Black
    Oh yeah I did all my brakes a couple months ago

To Top