1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spidertrax

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by THROUGHITALLDUDE, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Mar 4, 2010 at 3:50 PM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Lol I guess their website will become part of my morning coffee ritual then! Thanks for the info!

2. Mar 4, 2010 at 3:54 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE [OP] Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    lol no problem

3. Mar 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM
    only_K

only_K Future Owner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    Currently searching for dream truck...
    TBD
    I just hand tightened mine with a regular ratchet. just have someone press the brakes for you when you are tightening them so they wont move. Ive driven 1k+ miles already and my wheels haven't fallen off yet.

4. Mar 5, 2010 at 3:28 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    hey guys i am about to put these bad boys on i have the red lock tight liquid does that go on every lug nut or just one also do i put it on the lugs that hold my wheel to the spacer or do i put it on the ones that hold the spacer to the truck the directions with my spidertrax dont really explain well wanna be certain

5. Mar 5, 2010 at 3:40 PM
    only_K

only_K Future Owner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    TBD
    the spacer to the truck should get the loctite. i didnt put loctite on mine.

6. Mar 5, 2010 at 3:41 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    I put em on all the lugs

7. Mar 5, 2010 at 3:42 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    so you put the lock tight on every stud and lug that locked the spacer to the truck???? i just wanna make sure that if i decide to take these off one day my truck studs arent ruined by the lock tight on em

8. Mar 5, 2010 at 3:57 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    thats my only concern

9. Mar 5, 2010 at 4:07 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    someone said it on the first page. just the lugs that hold the spacer to the truck

10. Mar 5, 2010 at 4:08 PM
    only_K

only_K Future Owner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    TBD
    Yes that is correct. the spacer to the wheel should get the loctite. If your worried about damaging your threads ust use a little bit of loctite.

11. Mar 5, 2010 at 4:23 PM
    thestrangebrew

thestrangebrew AlphaPlanner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dos Palos CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 Rugged Trail Edition
    Black Badges, Black Center Console
    This is prob a stupid question but should you buy 4 instead of 2 so the fronts stick out even with the rears? Or is the diff. hardly noticeable?

12. Mar 5, 2010 at 4:27 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    i dont think it really matters
    i mean i have seen guys with spindles and there front wheels stick way far out from the truck compared to the back

13. Mar 5, 2010 at 4:31 PM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    The loctite isn't permanent. It goes on the lugs that hold the spacer to the hub. I've taken mine off before with no problems.

14. Mar 5, 2010 at 4:39 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Red Loctite is more perminate. It's like 230ft/lbs breaking strength. Easily doable with a breaker bar. I bought one and bought a spare socket for my kit under the backseats. The one that comes with the jack sucks balls.

15. Mar 5, 2010 at 4:47 PM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    I don't remember it being that high of breaking strength. Yes, I was using an 18" breaker bar but I don't think I used much more pressure than a regular lug. My Spidertrax did not come with Loctite brand. It was an off brand. When I put them back on, I just used blue (removable) loctite.

You're right. Everybody should have a breaker bar with a socket (22mm?) in the truck.

16. Mar 5, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I believe it's a 22mm. I found a 29/32" that works for 50 cents. Essentially a 23mm.

And sorry, it's 200ft/in

17. Mar 9, 2010 at 5:05 PM
    BRP27

BRP27 When I grow up I want to be just like Me

Member:
    So far south in Texas my feet are in salt water
    Vehicle:
    04 4X4 Tacoma SR5
    3 in Ultimate ToyTec, set @ 2.5 in. AAL PINCH Weld Mod ( beat the pinch weld over inside the fender) Painted the pinch weld on bottom of cab Black Hi Lift Knock off
    Are the studs on the spidertrax longer than the stock studs. The stock studs are not very long and dont give you full engagement of the lug nuts. After market rims have a thicker flange where the rims bolt to the rotor.

I am considering buying spidertrax if the studs are longer and will fully engage the lug nuts with aftermarket rims.

Has anyone observed that the stock studs are short+ are the spidertrax studs long enough . They need to be 1/4 to 1/2 inch longer.

18. Mar 24, 2010 at 10:04 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    NEW QUESTION: if i decide to put new after market wheels on my truck with my hubcentric spidertrax is it ok to put nonhubcentric wheels? or is this a bad idea?

19. Mar 24, 2010 at 10:11 PM
    only_K

only_K Future Owner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    TBD
    i dont see why not. The as long as the spacer is hubcentric youll be fine. Just make sure the wheels will fit.

Products Discussed in

To Top