1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spindle install and popping sounds

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TacomaDawg23, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Apr 11, 2013 at 8:50 PM
    TacomaDawg23

TacomaDawg23 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    12 DC PreRunner TRD
    I have read some referring to awful popping noises coming from their front end after installing spindles. Has the cause been determined yet? Mine are on the way and wanted to see if I needed to do anything during install. Truck has 9,000 miles on it so want to make sure I do it right.

2. Apr 14, 2013 at 7:29 PM
    TacomaDawg23

TacomaDawg23 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    12 DC PreRunner TRD
  3. Apr 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    Your stock spindles are within OEM spec, and lift spindles are much longer. The extra length is causing your LCA bushings to pop back and forth as you brake and accelerate. My 07 did the same thing after installing spindles. I haven't seen a fix for it, not sure if there is one. I ended up selling the truck before the bushing wore out.

Products Discussed in

To Top