1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

spindle kit + bilstein 5100 coilover kit

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by glassman, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Apr 9, 2011 at 1:04 AM
    glassman

glassman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    maryland
    Vehicle:
    2006 prerunner
    hey guys-

sorry for posting yet another question, but i've been up late reading more...which lead to more confusion!

how reasonable is it to just get a set of coilovers for the front, with the idea that sometime in the future i'd go to a long-travel setup? that is, what would a set of fox 2.0's, or camburg (for example) coilovers by themselves do for me on the front? also, is the "bilstein adjustable" lift kit from toytec just the 5100s + coils, rather than coilovers? are the 5100s in the "ultimate" kit coilovers? if so, wouldn't it just be better to go with a fox/camburg or racerunner coilover by themselves up front?

thanks so much!

also: "bilstein adjustable kit": "ultimate": thanks again a ton

2. Apr 9, 2011 at 4:44 AM
    FLtaco

FLtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Cocoa beach, fl
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner dc
    Painted stock wheels, bfg km2s, 5100s front and rear, tc spindles, add a leaf, 3" block, debaged, flowmaster exhaust, 2nd air filter removed, wheel spacers and k&n air filter
    Yea I've been here for the past year myself now. Moved down here for work. And I agree I enjoy it very much. Hard to believe I've been here a year and haven't started surfing again.

3. Apr 9, 2011 at 7:04 AM
    NoMallCrawlTaco

NoMallCrawlTaco © "HELL FUCK YEAH!" © COPYRIGHT FOR MY PROTECTION!

Member:
    Arizona
    4" Camburgs Icon AAL 3 Pac BLHM Tacoshi Grill More to come...
    Once you know what you are doing 2hours tops.

Oh and have a spring compressor...

did mine 3 different times in my process...

4. Apr 9, 2011 at 2:28 PM
    GTACO

GTACO GTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabriel
    Murrieta, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    Camburg Spindles, Total Chaos UCAs & LCAs, Fox 2.5 c/o front, Fox 2.0 rear, All Pro 3" leafs, Dumped Borla muffler, AFE intake, DTF front bumper, Demello rear bumper.
    [​IMG]

5. Apr 9, 2011 at 2:45 PM
    tony92629

tony92629 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Dana Point
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Tacoma Prerunner
    5100's all the way around. Front set at .85. Camburg Spindles. Camburg Uniball 1.25 UCA's. Total Chaos LCA skid plates. Custom Deaver 10 pack rear leaf spring. BFG AT KO's 285/70/17, Weathertech floor liners, Wet Okoles. Midland CB/PA, Firestick.
    I have 5100's set at .85 in the front with Camburg spindles -

[​IMG]

Deaver 10 pack in the rear with 5100's.

I did the same thing. I was going to get a spacer lift and an add a leaf - the guy at a local off road shop talked me into 5100's (front set at 2.5 - very stiff) and a 1" block in the rear - Ran that for a while - Saved up and installed Camburg spindles with 1.25 UCA's. Camburg guys said it was best to set the front 5100's at .85.

I will eventually go long travel as well - I will change out my shocks to Kings or Fox and lower control arms (Camburg) and add glass... I like the look of the All Pro fenders. As I get more miles on it. Heck, I only have 15,000 miles on the truck now.

I couldnt be happier with the current set up. Great combination. I would highly recommend this set up for a daily driver that also is into light off-roading.

I have 4" lift in the front and 3" in the back - It sits level. Check it out:

[​IMG]

6. Apr 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM
    glassman

glassman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    maryland
    Vehicle:
    2006 prerunner
    ^thanks for the post tony. i think i'm going to probably go piece-by-piece, and end up with something similar to what you've got in front. thanks for the pictures as well, very nice truck.

7. Apr 9, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    FLtaco

FLtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Cocoa beach, fl
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner dc
    Painted stock wheels, bfg km2s, 5100s front and rear, tc spindles, add a leaf, 3" block, debaged, flowmaster exhaust, 2nd air filter removed, wheel spacers and k&n air filter
    Nice. I'm liking It. I think I'll definitely be doing something similar. Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top