1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spindle lift kit

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by island, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Mar 18, 2012 at 3:11 AM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    ^^^This is true. It can be a little time consuming. But very doable within about 4 hours.

Just take your time and don't hesitate to ask anything you need. There is almost always someone here to answer.

2. Mar 18, 2012 at 5:36 AM
    pgiroua

pgiroua Geaux Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    Royce
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Fog Lights "a la Caribe Style", 20% Tint, csjumper2003's LED's (dome, map lights, park lights), Sylvania ZXE headlights and fog lights, Tonnopro Bed Cover, DTRL on any time mod by piercedtiger, Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100's (front and back), OME 883 Coils, All Pro Standard Leaf Pack
    Let me ask you this. Is it possible that someone with 0 experience can complete this is one weekend? I don't mind if it takes a couple of days I just need the truck to get to work cone Monday. Like I said though, I have done a few things (mostly stereo stuff) to modify cars but NEVER have gotten underneath one.

3. Mar 18, 2012 at 5:37 AM
    pgiroua

pgiroua Geaux Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    Royce
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Fog Lights "a la Caribe Style", 20% Tint, csjumper2003's LED's (dome, map lights, park lights), Sylvania ZXE headlights and fog lights, Tonnopro Bed Cover, DTRL on any time mod by piercedtiger, Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100's (front and back), OME 883 Coils, All Pro Standard Leaf Pack
    Excuse the typos... Sending these from my phone.

4. Mar 18, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    Absolutely. Just takes some common sense. I had never worked on suspension before this truck. A weekend should be Plenty of time.

Don't hesitate to ask us any questions you have. Most of us have experience with this.

Having a buddy there to give you a hand can make it much faster, but it's very doable by yourself. Just take your time. You surely do not have to rush if you've got the whole weekend set aside for it.

5. Mar 18, 2012 at 8:42 AM
    pgiroua

pgiroua Geaux Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    Royce
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Awesome. Thanks Davtopgun, I appreciate the help and encouragement!

6. Apr 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM
    island

island [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Guam USA
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Apr 3, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    pgiroua

pgiroua Geaux Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    Royce
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    I saw this last night also and messaged the company via ebay and I haven't heard back from them yet. I am curious as to what brand spindles they are using.

8. Apr 3, 2012 at 8:06 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    These are Maxtrac spindles. Me and many others have them installed on our trucks. No modification needed. Great spindles.

FYI, I purchased mine on eBay from LiftUSA. The same company in your ad. After purchasing, I was notified that I would be put on a 2 month waiting list. It took 2 months to get them.

Just don't expect them to have them, just because they are selling them (the lesson I learned).

9. Apr 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM
    island

Member:
    Guam USA

Thanks Davtopgun, So 2months waiting list and 1month shipping to Guam:eek: but like you said great spindles:) worth the wait:D. Thanks again:)

10. Apr 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM
    island

Member:
    Guam USA
    Another question when installed the 2" blocks did you have to shim or install a extended/modified drive shaft carrier bearing? Cause when mine had the 3" spacer and aal it had bad vib, squicking and distroyed my u-joints.

11. Apr 18, 2012 at 12:40 AM
    island

Member:
    Guam USA
    More questions regarding the spindle lift i have just ordered Toyota Tacoma 6Lug 4" Lift Spindles 2" Blocks 2005-up for my 06 PreTaco and just like to know if i will need wheel spacer for my stock wheels and tires until i get bigger tires or aftermarket wheel set? If so whet wheel spacer size will i need. Also regarding the rear shimming what degree shims will i need or will a carrier lift be better to Aline my drive shaft? 1 more question how many inch AAL will i need for this 4" spindle lift? All help will be greatly appreciated thank you Island.

3-2-09_002[1].jpg
    388822_preview[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqF,!iME8Lp(bj!fBPgOzvWYBw~~60_58[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqUOKnIE5!GqGwFrBO,kPSl,CQ~~_35[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqJ,!pgE7Bcvh2mHBO2!l8FR,g~~60_12[1].jpg

12. Apr 18, 2012 at 3:52 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    The kit I purchased from them came with a 2" block. The block is tapered, so there is no need for axle shims.

If you plan to leave the front end at 4", i'd toss the block and get a 2" AAL. This will leave your truck sitting level. While you're at it, you may want to consider an allpro u bolt flip kit. Not required, but it gets those threads under the axle pointed upward instead, and it's only $50.

I already had wheel spacers when i purchased my kit, so unsure if you will need them. If you're going to be buying new wheels/tires soon, just buy a set of two spacers (1.25") for the front, just to keep your tires from rubbing the spindles. ]

After installing the spindles, and new wheels/ tires. I now run two wheel spacers in the rear to make the rear tires stick out closer to even with the front, which has no spacers.

My current wheels have 4.5" backspacing and a -12mm offset.\

A long enough carrier bearing drop should fix any CB vibes. With my 4" rear lift, i had to go with 1 1/2" CB drop.

13. Apr 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM
    island

Member:
    Guam USA
    Thanks Davtopgun:D

14. Nov 6, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    island

Member:
    Guam USA

Hi Davetopgun, Got any pics of you 1-1/2" CB drop? Also what size wheels and tires you running? I'm planning on running LT35X12.50X20 with -12mm offset and a 4.5 BS? What do you think?:)

15. Nov 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Down South is no longer offering discounts. They said their prices are unbeatable as is...

16. Mar 30, 2013 at 3:55 AM
    island

Member:
    Guam USA
    [​IMG][/IMG]

555099_467426579996584_1661905490_n.jpg
    734393_562226207134414_1163427591_n.jpg

17. Mar 30, 2013 at 6:06 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    Sweet man! Nice to see you got her done!

18. Apr 1, 2013 at 4:37 AM
    island

Member:
    Guam USA
    yup, just looking to purchase a pipe bender to make the tube bumpers. thanks man:)

Products Discussed in

To Top