1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Splicing rigids in factory fogs

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by commonsense87, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Apr 27, 2015 at 8:52 PM
    commonsense87

commonsense87 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Edwards, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB w/ Flatbed
    35’s and a flatbed ‍♂️
    I'm having trouble splicing my rigids into my factory fogs. Should be straight forward as I've been reading but won't work for some reason. Any help would be great!!

2. Apr 28, 2015 at 8:42 AM
    RacecarGuy

RacecarGuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB OR
    Pelfreybilt front and rear HC bumper w/swingout, BAMF LCA Skids, BAMF Diff skid, Pelfreybilt IFS and Trans skid, RCI gas tank skid, Bronze SCS F-5's, Icon RR's ext travel, Dakar leafs, Archive Garage shackle flip
    What kind of trouble? It should be two wires, if its not correct, flip the two. I made some harness with an set of connectors from Ebay, but I think TAP sells harnesses for direct plug in now, pretty cheap. Have you tried leaving one of the stock foglight plugged in, while plugging one Rigid in, to see if any will turn on? That could indicate if a fuse is blown if nothing will turn on.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Apr 28, 2015 at 8:48 AM
    llibrm

llibrm OH NOOOOOO!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Winthrop, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB, 06 LC120 (sold)
    Pelfreybilt Aluminum Bumper, KING 2.5 on all four corners, 4x4 illuminated switch, Cobra 75 w/ 3' Firestick, 2M/ 70cm Radio w/ Diamond NR770HB, Pelfreybilt bed bar, Lightforce Stiker 170s, BD 20" OnX6, BD S2 ditch lites, BD Fogs
    Make sure your battery is charged. My battery was down to around 10v when I installed mine. I thought something was severely wrong. Turned out it was having the radio on was enough to drain my aging battery. Charged it up and soldered on the factory plugs, after checking for polarity, and BAM! everything worked. It wasn't the anytime fog mod or the switch or anything else that I checked before realizing it was the battery.

Good Luck

4. Apr 28, 2015 at 10:53 AM
    commonsense87

commonsense87 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Edwards, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB w/ Flatbed
    35’s and a flatbed ‍♂️
    Tried both ways on connecting, before soldering I wanted to make sure that it would work. I'll look into the TAP harness now, but am going to try to recharge the battery to see if its thats. I'll let ya guys know. Thanks!!!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top