1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sport wheels TSB/recall

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tanktodd, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Apr 8, 2011 at 1:45 PM
    tanktodd

tanktodd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    back on the right side of the bay, Ala
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner w/TRD Sport Pkg
    Limo tint in back w/ 20% on doors. Removed all badges. Stereo headunit, all new door speakers, 2 amps, and 10' sub...so far Black bullbar MotoMetals and 285/70/17 Duratracs. 3" OME springs in front and aal in back with tsb springs Black UWS tool box 5100's all around Plasti-dipped evo front end Fog light anytime mod OEM steps (for sale) HID fogs 55w 3000k HID heads 35 w 6000k "Cool white" dome & map lights
    Not sure if this is better here or in wheels section so mods move it wherever is appropriate. I was at the dealership yesterday and while doing oil change my advisor asked me where my stock wheels were. Long story short if you have sport wheels in the '05- present check with your dealer. There is a cracking problem and they will check and replace if needed for free.

2. Apr 8, 2011 at 1:47 PM
    thinkingman

thinkingman Well-Known Member

Member:
    redmond WA
    Vehicle:
    2006 dbl cab 4wd 6sp
    Foglights are for fog, not oncoming traffic!
    subbed.
    Too good to be true.
    If they're corroded beyond recognition, how can they inspect them?
    What stealership?

3. Apr 8, 2011 at 1:58 PM
    tanktodd

tanktodd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    back on the right side of the bay, Ala
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner w/TRD Sport Pkg
    Limo tint in back w/ 20% on doors. Removed all badges. Stereo headunit, all new door speakers, 2 amps, and 10' sub...so far Black bullbar MotoMetals and 285/70/17 Duratracs. 3" OME springs in front and aal in back with tsb springs Black UWS tool box 5100's all around Plasti-dipped evo front end Fog light anytime mod OEM steps (for sale) HID fogs 55w 3000k HID heads 35 w 6000k "Cool white" dome & map lights
    I'm sure they have to check them close however they do it. My dealer is Eastern Shore Toyota in Spanish Fort, Al

4. Apr 8, 2011 at 6:00 PM
    bluescoops

bluescoops Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 sport Blue
    not sure about the cracking problem, will have to check on it when I get to work next, but I know there is a non compliance notice for toyota because they were putting aftermarket and trd wheels with light truck tires on a lot of trucks and not changing he tire loading information or tpms calibration to show when the tires are below recommended tire pressure.

5. Apr 8, 2011 at 6:03 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, Ultragauge, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    If mine have cracks, they can just give the value dollar amount in stead of replacing them. ;)

6. Apr 8, 2011 at 7:47 PM
    TacoBow

TacoBow Intentionally cosmetically incorrect.

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5 4x4 Access Cab
    Gotta TSB # reference?

7. Apr 12, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr) Hose clamp securing tailgate
    Attached are the details from Tundrasolutions.com

I just found this notice in my Toyota Owners site today, but after examining further, my VIN for my '11 isn't included...

The notification text:

1.Non-Compliance B0B - Certain 2008 through 2011 Model Year Land Cruiser, Sequoia, Tacoma and Tundra Vehicles Equipped with Toyota-Recommended Light Truck tires and TRD Accessory Wheel Code: B0B Memo
    This is an important Non-Compliance Recall. It covers certain 2008 through 2011 model year Land Cruiser, Tacoma, Sequoia and Tundra vehicles on which both TRD Accessory Wheels and Toyota-recommended Light Truck (LT) tires were installed prior to the delivery of the vehicle to the first purchaser. These accessory wheels and tires were installed as a Post Production Option (PPO) by Toyota Motor Sales USA (TMS) or as a Dealer Installed Option (DIO). Vehicles with these accessory wheels and tires do not meet the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) telltale illumination requirements specified in Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 138 because the telltale will not start illuminating illuminate at the inflation pressure specified by the standard.

Attached Files:

8. Apr 12, 2011 at 7:37 PM
    krafty11

krafty11 Active Member

Member:
    Chicago area
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB T|X Pro
    Tube Steps, BAK F1, 4WD light, Pop&Lock
    Expertly written by the Department of Redundancy Department

9. Apr 12, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    07SpeedwaySport