1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spots in South FL?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by mmadej87, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Sep 24, 2009 at 12:12 PM
    Ry1984

Ry1984 Well-Known Member

Member:
    From Texas, Now Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    01' ExtCab SR5 2.7 4x4
    K&N FIPK, Billy 5100 all around, 881's in the front, Toytec AAL
    oh im sure they do

2. Sep 24, 2009 at 1:58 PM
    mmadej87

mmadej87 [OP] Mayday

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NMB, FL
    Vehicle:
    98 Xcab Prerunner

well i met my girlfriend down here in miami and shes definately not stuck up, but majority of the women down here are pretty stuck up and superficial

yea there is a coast guard station right on fisher island next to key biscayne, but im stationed in the one down in homestead, we are called the MSST

the water down here definately IS beautiful, but if you work on it for hours and hours each day, it gets old and the water just reminds me of work..lol

ive tried the everglades for wheeling and the terrain there is very rough, the mud isnt typical mud, its more of a clay and just gums up tires, not to mention all the limestone that tears everything else up too..its not very fun either, the spots that dont gum everything up with clay its very boring and you never enter 4x4

3. Sep 24, 2009 at 2:53 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    I know what you mean. Walk down Lincoln Road and watch how high many of them have their nose in air with their little doggies.

That's a bummer. I would have expected the everglades to be some decent wheeling. Do you think mud terrains would help?

4. Sep 24, 2009 at 2:56 PM
    Ese Loco

Ese Loco Taco Man Sam

Member:
    Vero Beach, FL / Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4 V6 6-speed
    Legal Florida Tint all-around, 1.5" add-a-leaf, bilstein 5100 rear shocks, Light Racing Coilovers, Removed secondary air filter, K&N airfilter, Amsoil 100% synthetic motor oil, Amsoil synthetic severe gear in rear differential, Differential breather mod, Painted rims and logo's black, amsoil oil filter
    wait...if its the same Monty's, its in coconut grove next to the old coast guard hanger that is now a sailing center for the disabled.

5. Sep 24, 2009 at 3:00 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    I don't know if the pic of the map will work but I was talking about the one on SouthBeach.

I failed just google monty's seafood on google maps and you'll see the one I'm talking about. There's also on in the keys and Coconut Grove as you said.

6. Sep 24, 2009 at 3:38 PM
    Ry1984

Ry1984 Well-Known Member

Member:
    From Texas, Now Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    01' ExtCab SR5 2.7 4x4
    K&N FIPK, Billy 5100 all around, 881's in the front, Toytec AAL
    yea there's two of em. one on south beach, another in coconut grove, and actually a third one in key west:)

7. Sep 24, 2009 at 3:45 PM
    mmadej87

mmadej87 [OP] Mayday

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NMB, FL
    Vehicle:
    98 Xcab Prerunner
    actually the mud there is beleive to be "bottomless" i talked to a guy that has an old blazer with like 42" super swampers, and he said hes gotten stuck a couple times, he even had to pay around 1500 to hire excavators (sp?) to dig his truck out of the never ending mud, its nasty shit down there, im not going back there anytime soon, i learned the hard way which my stock taco and shitty rugged trail BFGs, thats how i found out that the mud is seemingly bottomless...its pure swamp down there

8. Sep 24, 2009 at 4:00 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wholly crap. I'm would like to see what that blazer would have to do to get stuck. I would stay out of that stuff to.

9. Sep 24, 2009 at 4:22 PM
    Turb0wned

Turb0wned Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4
    Damn come on i got a 4x4 now there has to be a place.

Products Discussed in

To Top