1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spring TSB included now for 09 and 10?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Pyrite FD, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Feb 26, 2010 at 6:19 AM
    Twirlin

Twirlin Nature just gets the blow-by

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport Mag Grey
    got TSB done and I think the ride is improved. Too soon to tell how "vastly" improved it is, but I like it off the bat.

ALSO: Had the service tech give me a before & after of the rear ride height. From where he measured it, it went from 21.5" to 23". I got 1.5"!!
    Isn't everyone else getting about 1"? I suppose this still has to settle though. Next up, my 5100 billies.

If anyone wants my alignment specs, just PM me and i'll send you the file.
    This would be the alignment done with the TSB, not after the 5100's.

2. Feb 26, 2010 at 7:06 PM
    radartech

radartech Active Member

Member:
    Western NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport double cab 4x4
    Guys,
    I have been meaning to update this...
    about 2 weeks ago I got the spring upgrade done..

so here is my story--
    Oil change on a Sat--
    I had broken the passenger front mud flap and figured they would not replace it. But this great little service rep named Kerry found some loop hole to have them replace it for FREE!!!

and I asked about the Tranny TSB, and told them I was having the issue and she got that scheduled... MAN night and day difference too!!!!

On the day they were to do that, they had no loaner cars so they took me to work (about 20 miles from the dealer round trip) and then came back and got me after it was done... While they had the truck they looked at the TSB for the springs.. Well I explained to them that my ATV bottomed out the springs and at first the Tech said of course it will.. and We went down that path...
    I quoted the manual about how my 600 lb ATV's weight was under the max weight for the bed, and said I could just bring my ATV in on the truck...

Well Kerry came thru again and when I went back to get the truck, they had ordered the parts!! Actually they came and got me and I got my truck...

Then 2 weeks ago I left the truck and this time they loaned me a car. the dealership had finished all the recalls on the other cars (I think everyone has heard about this right?) so they had loaners on the lot....

And last weekend I rented a mini-excavator..
    http://www.volvo.com/constructioneq...ompactexcavators/EC15B/introduction.htm?TAB=1
    and it was on a 18 foot wood decked trailer.. The rental guys said the trailer was about 2000 lbs...
    this put my towing weight about 6000...

The rear of the truck was rock solid, not even dipping!!

I towed it just fine.. not real sure I liked the surge brakes though...

anyway..

end result---

Tranny TSB DONE Works great
    Spring TSB DONE-- Couldnt be better...

Later,
    J

3. Feb 26, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
    Going to Langley AFB tomorrow to put my lift on, then Monday TSB for rear springs, aka FREE ALIGHNMENT!!!!

4. Feb 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM
    snyder

snyder Active Member

Member:
    none, dont want to void the warranty
    I had the leaf spring TSB done on my '09 last year so ya the '09 are covered.

5. Feb 27, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    DenverTac

DenverTac New Member

Member:
    Denver CO
    Vehicle:
    14 Tacoma
    Just had my leaf springs replaced and the tranny reflashed on my `09 TRD. Everything went smoothly. Tech said this was the first one of each that he has done on the `09 and was surprised they were covered.

So far I love the results of both.

6. Mar 4, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    azcat

azcat Lurker

Member:
    western KY
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC Prerunner TRD Off Road, no TRD on butt
    Just got mine back from Mike Smith Toyota in Paducah, KY. No fuss, no muss, no hassle. Said mine was only the second one they'd done. Before the TSB, the lower lip of the rear flare was 36" from the ground, measured through the center of the wheel; after, it's 36 7/8". Ride seems the same except for sharp impacts; I suspect the change will be noticed most on concrete roads with expansion strips.

7. May 3, 2010 at 4:22 PM
    JLaScala

JLaScala Super White is gonna treat you right.

Member:
    Snohomish Washington
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 long bed crew cab.
    Secondary air filter removal, K&N drop in, Removed front mud flaps, Toyota all weather matts, skid plate, bug guard. Bilstein 5100's all around fronts set at 2.5", OME add a leaf, Goodyear Wrangler Authority 265/70/17, stubby 6.5" antenna, smoked tail lights, blacked out badges.
    Well its been a while since I posted on this thread. The suspension has settled now, and it looks like I got about an inch of lift all around. Looks good, and handles better. You just cant beat a free TRD suspension. So now I have a TRD suspension on a base model access cab 4x4 lol.

8. May 3, 2010 at 5:03 PM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    Ok, rookie here. TSB?

Strike that. Found it. Is there a way to get on some sort of Toyota mailinglist in case something comes out for my Taco?

9. May 3, 2010 at 6:59 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    The only thing TRD would be the Bilstein shocks.

10. May 5, 2010 at 8:44 AM
    Cannonball

Cannonball Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 diesel / 1979 Jeep CJ-5
    Truck is at Toyota of Pasadena for TSB inspection.

EDIT: Installed. Maybe a little stiffer ride but not harsh :)

11. Aug 24, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    tony92629

tony92629 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Dana Point
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Tacoma Prerunner
    5100's all the way around. Front set at .85. Camburg Spindles. Camburg Uniball 1.25 UCA's. Total Chaos LCA skid plates. Custom Deaver 10 pack rear leaf spring. BFG AT KO's 285/70/17, Weathertech floor liners, Wet Okoles. Midland CB/PA, Firestick.

You da man! It helps so much to have something in writing about the TSB! Thank you.

12. Aug 25, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    PittsPilot

PittsPilot Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 DblCab 4x4 TRD Sport
    I had my 2010 4x4 TRD Sport done three months ago. Gave them the TSB from six months ago and they said no problem. Much better ride.

13. Aug 25, 2010 at 4:41 PM
    tony92629

tony92629 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Dana Point
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Tacoma Prerunner
    5100's all the way around. Front set at .85. Camburg Spindles. Camburg Uniball 1.25 UCA's. Total Chaos LCA skid plates. Custom Deaver 10 pack rear leaf spring. BFG AT KO's 285/70/17, Weathertech floor liners, Wet Okoles. Midland CB/PA, Firestick.
    Having mine done on Monday. The service tech mentioned that he was planning on replacing the "struts" as well. I thought it was only the leaf springs on the 2010 DC trd Sport. I already have 5100's all the way around. Front set at 2.5 and have a 1" block in the rear. I am interested in what they are going to say about the block. I will see whats up on Monday.

[​IMG]

14. Aug 26, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    JLaScala

JLaScala Super White is gonna treat you right.

Member:
    Snohomish Washington
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 long bed crew cab.
    Secondary air filter removal, K&N drop in, Removed front mud flaps, Toyota all weather matts, skid plate, bug guard. Bilstein 5100's all around fronts set at 2.5", OME add a leaf, Goodyear Wrangler Authority 265/70/17, stubby 6.5" antenna, smoked tail lights, blacked out badges.
    Yeah gotta wonder if that voids your warranty too.

15. Aug 27, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    spyshot

spyshot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dayton Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 TDR OFFRoad
    when people are mentioning the ride is better, is this loaded or unloaded? apparently it's deffinately better loaded but i noticed this on the tsb:

"Customers should be advised that vehicle ride characteristics in an unloaded condition may exhibit an increase in rear suspension firmness."

how noticable is the firmness while unloaded? i don't haul heavy things in my truck. so i wonder if i'm in need of this. probably not, since i really wouldn't have known there was an issue till i read about it on here. but part of me thinks i need to get it done because there is something "better" out there.
    adam

16. Aug 27, 2010 at 2:47 PM
    Plannerman99

Plannerman99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Our Adventure Vehicle
    "Better" is relative. It's only better if you need the additional cargo carrying stability or you want an additional 1" of lift in the rear.

But there is a reason why Toyota continues to sell these trucks without the TSB springs - most people want a comfortable ride, not a truck-like ride.

Personally, I don't notice the additional stiffness unless I start thinking about it and looking for. But I need my truck to be able to carry lots of weight sometimes, so this is better for me.

17. Aug 27, 2010 at 4:33 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    If you don't plan on hauling anything heavy and you enjoy the comfort of your current suspension then the rear leaf TSB is not for you.

In all actuality it seemed to me that the three leaf suspension was improved for the '09 model year as I had hauled a couple of yards(one yard at a time, of course) of bark and the suspension handled it pretty well. I wanted the upgrade because I knew I was going to push the limits and wanted any improvement I could get.

18. Aug 27, 2010 at 5:59 PM
    Steig

Steig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD off road
    Wonder if it will work for 2011 tacoma ?

19. Aug 27, 2010 at 6:18 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.

When you have the rear leaf TSB done, make sure that the alignment is done also.

The dealers forget to do the alignment sometimes.

FWIW ... I had that TSB done and it made the truck handle a lot better .. especially when loaded with 300 lbs and more (in cab and/or bed). IMO, this is a great TSB to get done.

Products Discussed in

To Top