1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spring TSB included now for 09 and 10?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Pyrite FD, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Dec 10, 2009 at 10:39 AM
    warpwr

warpwr Junior Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vaughn
    S.F. Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    09 Sport Access Cab
    DRL mod with switch, rear spring TSB, trans TSB, tailgate mod, snug-top shell.
    The work order receipt says "inspection verifies complaint" but I have no idea what that inspection was.

When the service guy was writing me up he asked me if it had a harsh ride when fully loaded and I said yeah, it has a harsh ride when fully loaded.
    That is also written on the work order.

But here's the real deal. Toyota already knows these trucks have a harsh ride when fully loaded or they wouldn't have recommended a solution.
    Each dealer doesn't need to reproduce it on each and every truck. That's nonsense.
    Toyota has the solution and all the customer should need to do is complain about it.
    No one is having trouble getting the transmission TSB done. Why? Because it's easy to do? Maybe.

Anyway, my take on this is that Toyota has a proven area of complaint and they also have a fix for it.
    Why in the hell would they deny it to someone who has asked for Toyota's own remedy?
    And no service guy in the country should have to re-verify anything.

2. Dec 10, 2009 at 11:01 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Not the same person you were directing this to, but I have a case that was opened by Ron Carter Toyota in Alvin when I took it in on Monday. I'm still waiting on a response. I'll let you know when I hear back.

3. Dec 10, 2009 at 12:04 PM
    spark4

spark4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 Cement
    Bilstein 6100/5160, Ray 10's, 5.29, KDMax Tuned
    Woohoo!

I've been kinda laggin on getting this tsb done for my 2009 4x4 dbl cab sport, due to being so busy. All I did was find a dealership in my area (socal) and I emailed the service dept and expressed my concerns about the harsh ride and also about the transmission shifting tsb. The guy called back a couple hours later and he said he ordered the parts, they should be here tomorrow. No objections to it or anything. He said since my truck was still under warranty and that my old spring #'s match it is a go. No complaints about it being an 09' I'll probably be going in tomorrow, but he said as long as the parts arn't backordered they should be in tomorrow. Good luck to to others. Oh yeah also getting the 09 transmission shifting tsb done too. 2 birds with 1 stone.

4. Dec 10, 2009 at 1:21 PM
    amati5

amati5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD
    If you don't mind which dealer in so cal? I got mine done but I am just currious;

5. Dec 10, 2009 at 3:00 PM
    scrapedface

scrapedface Well-Known Member

Member:
    vacaville, ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 liter 4wd tacoma
    ipod charger and aux cable, scanguage 2, wet okole seat covers, 35% tint, toytec ultimate set at 2.5"
    do you guys know if the rear spring TSB will ever include the regular cab tacomas?

6. Dec 11, 2009 at 11:49 PM
    spark4

spark4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 Cement
    Bilstein 6100/5160, Ray 10's, 5.29, KDMax Tuned
    Just picked it up today. Amati5, I got the TSB done at Tustin Toyota with no problems. Never took any measurements but it is def. a bit higher in the rear now. Ride quality wise, I don't really notice much of a difference. A tad bit stiffer, if i can even say that.

7. Dec 12, 2009 at 9:32 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    Just an FYI, for those who are out of your 3yr/36K warranty and have the platinum warranty, the words harsh ride are not going to get it done. You have to tell them that the frame is hitting the bump stops when driving under a load within factory specs.

EG: 4 people in the truck and I went over a bump and heard a loud clunk, I then looked at the bump stops and noticed all the built up dust was removed from contact with the frame.

Toyota care said instantly that it was a mechanical failure of the leaf pack and would be covered under the platinum agreement. They then told me to have my service adviser call in and get the parts for the replacement.

8. Dec 12, 2009 at 10:46 AM
    Juggernaut

Juggernaut Captain

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    18 PreRunner TRD OffRoad DCSB
    ^ Looks like that platinum warranty just paid for itself

9. Dec 12, 2009 at 11:24 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme

Oh ya, service guy said it was $2500+ for parts and labor...

10. Dec 13, 2009 at 7:58 AM
    Chilli Taco

Chilli Taco Senior Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5 V6
    Toyota Front Bug Guard, Vent Shades, UWS Low profile Toolbox, Husky Floor Liners, Tacoma Rubber Bed Mat, 3 ball with tow hook trailer hitch, Nerf bars, EZ clamp on tailgate, overhead console with compass and temp, Transmission smoothness TSB, Rear 4 leaf spring pack TSB with 4 new Bilstein TRD shocks, Back up camera, JBS Keypad Entry, 2" blind spot safety mirrors, Leaf spring squeak TSB spacer discs,TSB AC/Heater Blower motor 04043, aFe Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Toytec AAL for TSB leafs, TSB redesigned headlights, GMC 5702KA Bulbs in DRL's, DRL switch mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod, 2010 4runner heated signal mirrors with puddle lights and 2013 Tacoma color matched mirror covers, bed lights, NOS GMC under hood reel light, TacomaWorld.com sticker on back window,fog lights on anytime mod, hidden ignition kill switch, TRD Skid plate painted black, TRD front recovery hook, console vault, Avid Off-road Light bar, 6" KC Daylighters
    Subscribed.

Has anyone had the harsh ride TSB done on a 2010 at a dealership in North Carolina? If so which dealer?? I have a 2010 and know it would be a fight to get it done where I bought it at!

11. Dec 13, 2009 at 9:11 PM
    amati5

amati5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD
    Thanks.

12. Dec 13, 2009 at 9:24 PM
    SixFifty

SixFifty Member

Member:
    Pac NW
    2010 4x4 extracab - Dealer checked spring #s, placed order immediately

13. Dec 14, 2009 at 4:37 PM
    botayota

botayota Well-Known Member

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Blue Crush Metallic
    Is there a TSB document somewhere I can download that lists 09's ?
    Also my dealer tells me if a TSB includes your model you would get a copy in the mail...is that true ?

BY

14. Dec 14, 2009 at 4:41 PM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    Well if that was the case, everyone would know about the TSB which they don't want to have. The least amount of people that know about the TSB the better off they are.

Do you happen to know the spring numbers?

15. Dec 14, 2009 at 5:31 PM
    SixFifty

SixFifty Member

Member:
    Pac NW
    google TSB toyota tacoma and it will appear.:D

16. Dec 14, 2009 at 6:23 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Here you go man...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/7107-tsb-list-2005-2009-toyota-tacoma.html

There are several people who have gotten the TSB done on 09 Tacomas, but I don't know if they specifically list them in this list I provided you.

I don't think they will send you a Toyota Service Bulletin in the mail, however you would get a recall notice. But this is not a recall so I doubt you will get anything in the mail.

Oh and you can find most anything with the search function, you just have to know how to phrase it. But don't be shy to ask for help, we are a community not a library.

17. Dec 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM
    JLaScala

JLaScala Super White is gonna treat you right.

Member:
    Snohomish Washington
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 long bed crew cab.
    Secondary air filter removal, K&N drop in, Removed front mud flaps, Toyota all weather matts, skid plate, bug guard. Bilstein 5100's all around fronts set at 2.5", OME add a leaf, Goodyear Wrangler Authority 265/70/17, stubby 6.5" antenna, smoked tail lights, blacked out badges.
    I am currently trying to get this done to my 09 access cab 4x4. I called the 1-800-toyota number and it was no help. They said they would contact my dealer within the next 3 days. I looked at the tsb pdf, and my vin is listed. I plan on printing it out and bringing it into the dealer tomorrow. This has been a hassle so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but the dealer and toyota help are being difficult. They may even want to test my vehicle by loading it out, which should prove the problem. If the vin is listed just do the F@&*#!g work! Dealers are getting paid by toyota for it jeez.

18. Dec 16, 2009 at 4:33 PM
    tC2taco

tC2taco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    franktown
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cap Off Road
    I went to a dealer on Monday the 12/14/09 and they looked it up in front of me and it was not there. if anyone can give me the info i need to get this done that would be fantastic. I have not found the TSB for the 09-10.

19. Dec 16, 2009 at 5:23 PM
    doubleusn

doubleusn New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 TRD DC 4wd
    Hi

-FYI-

Not sure if it is 'official' yet, but had mine replaced on my 09DCTRD4WD today just mentioning the 08 TSB and explaining that loading my truck with a few hundred pounds of sand made it handled horrible and I was concerned with my safety while driving it as it made it VERY sloppy. This is true, it did handle that bad, when I did get a bunch of bags of play-sand from Lowe's. (~50lbs per bag)

Now the handling feels the same as before (TRD Normal, with have to test with weight later), but it does feel like the truck's got a slight 'wedgie'. You can see the new part stickers on the new leaf(s) that were added.

Also had the tranny one done today... much, much better.

Don't have my VIN in front of me, but my 09 was bought in Jan09.

Cheers
    -wsn

20. Dec 16, 2009 at 5:33 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    But it has to be approved by Toyota so the dealer gets paid so don't act like it is a given.

Products Discussed in

To Top