1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spring TSB Qualification Questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wizzard, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Nov 20, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    wizzard

wizzard [OP] fng

Member:
    Central MS
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 Rad Red, AC, TRD/OR
    I'm going to see if I can find a dealer that will be amenable to performing TSBs (as well as other service for two Toys). I understand that many will resist doing them, while some will inspect to ensure you qualify.

The case in point is the spring TSB. I guess there is some indication on the rubber stop that many service departments look for to qualify the truck for the TSB.

I don't have an immediate need to haul anything, but will in the future. Unfortunately the need may arise beyond the 6k miles I have before 36K. Nonetheless I do have access to a rock yard that can load the back with about any weight load I want.

So the question is, about how much weight to I need in the back to hit the rubber stops (assuming I can go over some rough roads at low speed)?

2. Nov 20, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    Gene563

Gene563 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eugene
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab, LB, TRD Sport
    TRD catback exhaust, Undercover hard tonneau, Vent visors, Husky liners, customized seat covers, front license plate bracket, rear suspension TSB, Eibach springs w 5100s@0, & General Grabber AT2 (265.70.17).
    I just had mine done recently. I complained of the harsh ride on the prior 2 visits to the dealer.They kept telling me that it was functioning as designed.
    I had bottomed out a few times with little or no load, but I never loaded the back for the dealer. On the last visit, I presented a copy of the TSB and told them I found it reasearching the problem. They checked the VIN to make sure I qualified and did the work.
    I don't know if the repeated complaints were of benefit, but I figured I'd try to let them bring up the solution to my problem. If the TSB in hand didn't work, then I would have been calling corporate.
    Good luck.

3. Nov 20, 2010 at 11:29 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Have you tried different dealerships?

If you complain hard enough, they *should* honor your requests. If not, you can purposely overload the thing and drive it in and show them. Or, I think some folks have called the Toyota coroporate (??) phone number and have complained.

I'd make sure you get it done before your warrantee is out.

I think there's a thread on this forum about dealerships that have honored the TSB without hassles. Search the forum.

4. Nov 20, 2010 at 11:38 AM
    KCin HBCA

KCin HBCA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Huntington Beach
    Vehicle:
    09 Dbl Cab PreRunner
    Just key in on the "Harsh ride under load and feels unsafe when carrying a load". Those are the conditions required to warrant the application of the TSB.

I wouldn't go in demanding the TSB be done, the TSB is a solution to a problem not a recall which they would be required to do. If they put up resistance talk to the service manager and Toyota USA if necessary.

Good luck, seems to be hit or miss as to how the individual dealership deals with this issue.

To Top