1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sprint Booster Throttle Respone Module

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by B.Radd.KO, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Feb 2, 2013 at 8:05 PM
    B.Radd.KO

B.Radd.KO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blanalin
    Prince George, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DC TRD Std.
    HID Fog/Hi/Low 3000W RMS Stereo TRD Quickshifter TRD Supercharger TRD Exhaust JBA Headers
    Wondering if anyone has any experience with this unit?
    Found it on URD's website but heard nadda about it before now.

http://urdusa.com/p1260519043/SprintBooster-Throttle-Accelerator/product_info.html

Sending URD an email to c what they have to say about it, will update l8r!

Not available for manuals yet :( but says they are working on something.

This is the email i sent off;

Hey I found this product on your website and have a few questions about it;

It seems really expensive for just a signal modifier; Is there anything about this unit the buyer should be aware of to justify this price?

How does the stock throttle system work, and how does this module affect it?

I see there arent any reviews about this product on your site; Has anyone tried it, and did it live up to expectations?

Will any warranty issues arise from using this and can it be removed at anytime after install?

2. Feb 2, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    They supposadly work good..only for autos right now.

3. Feb 2, 2013 at 9:36 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    I would respond. But too tired. Tomorrow.

4. Feb 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    everything I have read says that it doesn't increase the speed at which the throttle opens, but rather for example, you can set it to give 50 percent throttle opening when you apply 25 percent at the throttle.

5. Feb 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
  6. Feb 3, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    [​IMG]

With it, the only benefit I see of having a Sprint Booster, or equivalent product, would be because the factory throttle position in respect to the pedal position isn't a linear line.

As in these graphs from BlitzPowerUSA.com

http://www.blitzpowerusa.com/products/throcon/throcon.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The red being the factory setting for throttle position. Negative bow at the beginning.

Black would represent a cable actuated throttle body. Linear

Blue being Blitz throttle response. Positive bow.

Basically it give you the ability to have a more linear opening, so that you don't feel that lag in response, due to the factory setting keeping the throttle less open than it should be at certain point of pedal pressure.

That feeling you get some times when you give it the gas to accelerate, and it takes a second to take off.

More prevalent on the automatics that I have driven.

I hope those help as well as what Chris4x4 listed.

7. Feb 3, 2013 at 8:20 AM
    SconnieHailer

SconnieHailer PutterClutch

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    West Central Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road Double Cab V6 6Speed
    I hate the drive by wire throttle with a passion, almost impossible to get throttle blips right for downshifts, and that feel.... it didnt bother me at first on the test drives, but after a while it just makes shifting so un-natural, plus the rev-hang... I'll live with it, but if a throttle cable conversion ever came out or I could rig one up I probably would go for it!

This looks interesting but not sure it would solve much and it's not available for manuals yet :(

8. Feb 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Completely forgot about the throttle hang. Wow. It has been far to long since I have driven my truck.

I have high hopes that when my throttle body is mapped out for the ProEFI, I will no longer have those factory issues.....hopefully.

9. Feb 3, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    HighTQCummins

HighTQCummins Instagram: stormtrooptaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Hank
    SE PA
    Vehicle:
    '12 SW DCSB Sport
    5% all around, derp'd wheels, FMS40, 30" E-Series, 55w 6k bi's, 35w 5k fogs
    I hate the rev hang with a burning passion, I too wish someone would come out with a fix for it, its god awful, and makes shifting (6MT) terrible

02Duck likes this.
  10. Feb 3, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    If I remember correctly, I think that when I installed the lightweight flywheel, I think I remember reducing the rpm hang. I think......

11. Feb 3, 2013 at 8:48 AM
    SconnieHailer

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    West Central Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    hahaha, I think all of us manual trans drivers hate it. It doesn't mean I would trade for an auto though. Nobody but me gets to choose what gear I want, NOBODY!

I hope for your sake torspd that when you get it all running it shifts like butter!
    Do you guys with the MT's notice how there is no rev hang when the engine is warming up? Usually the first few miles of shifts after I start the truck are great. But once I get to operating temp the revs start hanging.

Anyways, I think all this is related to OP. Sorry If we're just clogging it up.

~M

12. Feb 3, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    You realize that you can select individual gears in the auto,.....right?

13. Feb 3, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    SconnieHailer

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    West Central Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    yes, I know Chris. I guess I'm just oldschool and enjoy three pedals. My wording seemed a bit dramatic I guess. Nothing against auto trucks, it's just not me. Maybe when I'm old and tired of shifting i'll convert ;)

~M

14. Feb 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Doooooon't doooooooo iiiiiiiiiitttt. Lol

15. Feb 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
    SconnieHailer

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    West Central Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    I fear there will come a day when auto is the only thing available in non commercial vehicles. Maybe I'll start a manual swap shop!

On topic-> looking forward to URD's response OP!

Cheers,

~M

16. Feb 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM
    jamtoz

jamtoz frog

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Quebec
    Vehicle:
    trd sport DCLB 4x4 2014
    Duratracs, SCS sr8's, debadged
    this^^

17. Feb 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    B.Radd.KO

B.Radd.KO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blanalin
    Prince George, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DC TRD Std.
    HID Fog/Hi/Low 3000W RMS Stereo TRD Quickshifter TRD Supercharger TRD Exhaust JBA Headers
    Thanks Torspd and Chris4x4 for the info

IMHO: Things are not looking good for the SprintBooster

Why spend over $300 on this thing when i could just bolt a 2X4 to my gas pedal?

On the topic of Rev Hang; Has anyone looked into doing a reflash to drop revs right away, and installing a catch can system, mebbeh? Just a thought.

Hahah nvm used the search button like a good little new-b

18. Feb 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM
    92dlxman

92dlxman drinking whats on sale

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Visalia, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 access 4x4 4.0 6-gear
    5100s, ome884s, wheelers aal kit, and some rustoleum
    lol^ @2x4 i had hopes for this thing too but am becoming skeptical

i was hoping it was something to make throttle inputs dead on. . . . . for instance my 04 chevy (and im sure other years-current) employed a "torque management" system that would limit throttle opening in certain situations to prevent excessive loading on that poor 4l60E. I imagine all manufacturers to employ something like this in their electric throttles to save on wear and tear. we need to get rid of that. more brap, less brooom

19. Mar 12, 2013 at 8:25 AM
    dawgrules

dawgrules Active Member

Member:
    I have emailed the sprintbooster company twice and have not got any response - For some reason (most likely legal) they apparantly have no intrest in ever releasing a model for 6sp Tacomas. They do have one for 6sp FJs however.... who want's to be a ginuea pig? I wonder how different they are........

20. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
    So since our Throttle is basically a Servo all this does is ad Exponential?

Products Discussed in

To Top