1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spy pics

Discussion in 'CBI Off-Road Fab' started by mr.trd, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Jan 25, 2010 at 10:09 AM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    i love how tight fit it looks like it doesnt look so huge an bulky like Allpro or R.A. or ARB

2. Jan 25, 2010 at 10:33 AM
    V-TRAIN

V-TRAIN Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. CACKALACKY
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT LONG BED
    DEMELLO ROCK CRUSHER SLIDERS, PIAA LIGHTS, TSB 4 LEAF PACK, CBI OFFROAD REAR BUMPER LINEXED, CBI OFFROAD FRONT BUMPER LINEXED, REAR 5100's, 1.5" TSB AAL, ICON EXTENDED TRAVEL COILOVERS @ 3", TOTAL CHAOS UCA's, HELLA MICRO DRIVING LIGHTS, IPOD INTERFACE, THULE ROOF RACK, UWS SLIM LINE BLACK TOOL BOX, 17" BBS RD TRUCK WHEELS, GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC IN 285/70/17
    yes, i am next in line for a front one. you can come look at it when it gets here. i go to raleigh from time to time. maybe i could meet you, so you would not have to drive so far.

3. Jan 25, 2010 at 10:36 AM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Ya, not too worried about the payment. If all works out I wont have time to do anything at all, let alone on my truck come the beginning of April.

4. Jan 25, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    V-TRAIN

V-TRAIN Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. CACKALACKY
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT LONG BED
    DEMELLO ROCK CRUSHER SLIDERS, PIAA LIGHTS, TSB 4 LEAF PACK, CBI OFFROAD REAR BUMPER LINEXED, CBI OFFROAD FRONT BUMPER LINEXED, REAR 5100's, 1.5" TSB AAL, ICON EXTENDED TRAVEL COILOVERS @ 3", TOTAL CHAOS UCA's, HELLA MICRO DRIVING LIGHTS, IPOD INTERFACE, THULE ROOF RACK, UWS SLIM LINE BLACK TOOL BOX, 17" BBS RD TRUCK WHEELS, GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC IN 285/70/17
    okay, i will

5. Jan 25, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    HILOTOY

HILOTOY HILOTOY

Member:
    From Big Island
    Vehicle:
    05 trd 4wd off road,tow pack
    very nice...............too bad you're on the other side of the world:)

6. Jan 25, 2010 at 1:03 PM
    rob1

rob1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Indigo Blue DblCab 4X4 Long Bed TRD Sport SR5
    Tail gate mod, locking gas cap, locking spare tire, rear spring tsb,Weathertech Digital fit's
    Subscribed...:popcorn: That thing looks sweeeet!!!!!

7. Jan 25, 2010 at 2:41 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Nice looking bumper. I'd be curious to see how well it'd hold up to Bambi Bowling. (The main reason I'm after one of these bumpers.)

And with Fog lights added too. Fogs are a must with me.

8. Jan 25, 2010 at 4:55 PM
    mr.trd

mr.trd [OP] Are you Recreationally Insane?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon billet UCA w/ Delta joints, custom built Icon rear resi-shocks, Icon stage 3 rear leaf pack, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers w/ homemade spreader bar, superbumps up front and timbren bumps in the rear, Crown brake lines, U-bolt flip,4.88's with front ARB locker and ARB dual compressor mounted behind back seat, 285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2's on Bronze Icon Alloy Compression's, 5th gen T4R budget big brake kit, CBI Off-Road Fab. custom Trailmaster 2.0 with swing-away tire carrier, CBI custom tube front bumper, CBI kickout sliders, CBI full flat belly skids including gas tank,CBI Ditch Light brackets w/ Heretic Studio Quattro's, Heretic Studio's 30" Amber on the front, Heretic Studio 40" bar under the Front Runner Roof Rack, Expedition Essentials RAM mount, Leer used shell, OEM black chrome sport headlights, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, URD Ucon-EMS, Deatschwerks 255 fuel pump w/ URD external fuel filter kit, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, URD spec-U exhaust w/ factory Tundra muffler behind URD equal length headers.
    Fog light are very doable.

9. Jan 25, 2010 at 10:04 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Don't suppose if you found out yet if it's possible to cram the stock fogs in there hey? Or are they in fact too large.

10. Jan 26, 2010 at 8:08 AM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon billet UCA w/ Delta joints, custom built Icon rear resi-shocks, Icon stage 3 rear leaf pack, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers w/ homemade spreader bar, superbumps up front and timbren bumps in the rear, Crown brake lines, U-bolt flip,4.88's with front ARB locker and ARB dual compressor mounted behind back seat, 285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2's on Bronze Icon Alloy Compression's, 5th gen T4R budget big brake kit, CBI Off-Road Fab. custom Trailmaster 2.0 with swing-away tire carrier, CBI custom tube front bumper, CBI kickout sliders, CBI full flat belly skids including gas tank,CBI Ditch Light brackets w/ Heretic Studio Quattro's, Heretic Studio's 30" Amber on the front, Heretic Studio 40" bar under the Front Runner Roof Rack, Expedition Essentials RAM mount, Leer used shell, OEM black chrome sport headlights, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, URD Ucon-EMS, Deatschwerks 255 fuel pump w/ URD external fuel filter kit, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, URD spec-U exhaust w/ factory Tundra muffler behind URD equal length headers.
    They are not too big to fit in the location that we are going to put the lights in, but the mounting is just not practical for the aftermarket and especially in metal. We are going to design the lightbucket with a 4" inside diameter just as the other bumper manufacturer have. Or if you know what light you want exactly, you can send us the light and we can make something custom for that light. We have done that in the past and it has worked really well. Our favorite light is the Hella Micro DE. That is a great project light with a great beam pattern. And one that small may be able to be used up in the wings. We will know more on that when we build the next one because those are the lights he wants us to use also. There are a few write ups of how to make a bracket thing to use the factory fog lights in a 4" opening if need be. Toyota's design just doesn't lend a hand to the aftermarket and working with metal versus the plastic they mount it into.

11. Jan 26, 2010 at 9:11 AM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    Looks bad ass, although if it were to fit the fender better (extent back to flow better with the fender flare) it would look way better from the side

12. Jan 26, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    X2.
    Thats the same thing i've always thought about the All Pro bumper.:cool:

13. Jan 26, 2010 at 10:06 AM
    borderbrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    I've been wanting a plate bumper but allpro and shrockworks don't follow body lines that well arb looks ok but has the grill and headlight guards that i don't want and i'm not looking to leave my truck at a shop for someone to fab me one. But if cbi could change this design ever so slightly i would definitely be interested.

14. Jan 26, 2010 at 1:16 PM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Well you are not the first to ask us to do that and we are doing that for the other customer that has already put an order in, so we will have pics. The reason for stopping it sooner is to allow more room for bigger tires. We went back as far as toyota had metal to cover. That is why we went back as far as we did. But going back farther for those that want it back farther can be done...take some work to modify the bottom piece to still fit in there, but it can be done.

15. Jan 26, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    borderbrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    sweet i can't wait to see the pics

16. Jan 26, 2010 at 3:24 PM
    wmflyfisher

wmflyfisher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    PCB, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport 4x4
    Great job!! Best looking 05+ taco winch bumper to date. My new ARB may be for sale soon! :) A few questions:

1) Will the factory skid still mount?
    2) Will any of the frame (or anything else on the truck) have to be modded in any way?
    3) Does the winch plate mount first and then the bumper to that piece?? If so, that's freakin awesome!!
    4) How much will powder coating add to the price?

17. Jan 26, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    1) Yes, not change in how the factory or a Bud Built skid will mount
    2) Yes, sorry, but the little ears(gussets) that are underneath the front core support body mounts will need to be tapped inward to allow room for the support brace to bolted to the truck. If you do not feel comfortable tapping it with a hammer you can also grab it with a pair of pliers and bend it over or take a grinder with a sanding wheel and shave it down slightly. Mine are ground down on the front gusset and are bent over on the rear gusset. Bending probably works better cause it is just easier.
    3) Yes, you mount the mount to the truck, then the winch, then the "skin" over it all. There is room for adjusting it all and it can be slightly tedious geting it just perfect. We spent about 30 minutes mounting it all up for the pictures, and that was with having to do some adjusting.....and from then on if you want to just take it all off at once you can and never have to adjust anything again. And I know, 30 minutes to mount a bitchin' bumper and have it look just right.......that is just not acceptable....Sorry that is the best we could do.
    4) To add powdercoat it will run you $150.00

18. Jan 26, 2010 at 8:57 PM
    kinkrider101

kinkrider101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    santa barbara
    Vehicle:
    2007 cummins/2007 tacoma
    wheels and tires
    how do i get a awesome cbi offroad sticker,either window or door. by the way this is the sickest bumper for the tacoma,too bad i have a 2x4 ):

19. Jan 26, 2010 at 9:07 PM
    mr.trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    tell me what which one you want, what color and send us $25.00 and it can be done. This would look good even on a prerunner....

20. Jan 26, 2010 at 9:08 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Looks awesome. Raw metal looks sweet.

To Top