1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Squadron Optics Failing?

Discussion in 'Baja Designs' started by crux, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Dec 2, 2020 at 8:15 AM
    crux

crux [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    OR
    Honeycomb composite sleeper platform.
    In testing a number of different pod lights, I noticed the BD Squadron Pro is loosing part of the reflective material on the reflective optic.

Yesterday I called to see if this is a known issue. Response was that I'd get an email later that day and have not heard back. Has anyone else seen this with BD Lights?

BD Squadron.jpg

2. Dec 2, 2020 at 10:06 AM
    Baja Designs

Baja Designs The Scientist of Lighting Vendor

Member:
    San Marcos, CA
    This is not a known issue that I have seen in my years here. I am not aware of a known bad batch of reflectors either. Regardless of the cause or how common, I am very surprised to hear you were not helped immediately. This is 100% covered by our Lifetime Warranty. I am sorry to hear about your experience. We will get you taken care of ASAP.

I am going to send out a PM right now to get some details and get your warranty claim rolling.

-Chris F

otis24 likes this.
  3. Dec 2, 2020 at 12:21 PM
    crux

crux [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    OR
    Honeycomb composite sleeper platform.
    Chris,

Please reach out again as I have a number of questions and concerns based upon todays interaction with the CS rep.

In addition I'd like to make sure when comparing pods we are doing so in a balanced manner. More details are in your PM.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  4. Dec 2, 2020 at 1:05 PM
    Baja Designs

Baja Designs The Scientist of Lighting Vendor

Member:
    San Marcos, CA
    Sure thing. I just got out of our weekly engineering meeting and will hop back into the PMs. I verified this is not a known issue and is super rare. I can honestly say I have never seen reflector coating flake in my 5 years here unless it was tied to an unrelated malfunction/defect.

If I had to guess - a particle/contaminant made it's way onto the bare reflector during the vacuummetalizing process. Again, super rare, but stuff happens.

SR-71A likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top